Dawn of War II

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by SylvWolf, Jan 31, 2009.

Jan 31, 2009

Dawn of War II by SylvWolf at 3:51 AM (982 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. SylvWolf
    OP

Member SylvWolf Ave Dominus Nox

United States
    Anyone check out the beta for Dawn of War II yet? It's free right now on Steam, and it's pretty good. I'm pretty awful at it (never really played an RTS before) but it's still fun playing with a few friends from the dorm.

So, anyone got it?

2. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Oh, it's free now? I'll probably suck ass at it, but I may as well go and give it a whirl. Will be back with feedback when I get to try it [​IMG].

3. Lee79

Member Lee79 Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict

United Kingdom
    I found out you can use the Dawn of War II beta key from Steam to activate any Games For Windows Live game.

GTA IV
    Gears Of War
    Halo 2
    Fallout 3

If you have a pirate copy and want to activated it to play online. You can sign up on Steam and get 1 free key. Then log out, sign up another user, take key, log out, sign up another ect.

4. SylvWolf
    OP

Member SylvWolf Ave Dominus Nox

United States
    The actual game is out now, complete with a single player campaign. Think I'll check it out.

EDIT: The single player campaign is awesome, it's like a real-time RPG. You only get to use the Space Marines, but you use the same 6 units throughout, so there's a real diversity with level paths (you can upgrade health, melee, ranged, or energy every time you level up) and various equipment you can give them. I'm really liking it, and might even buy it after my birthday (coming up soon).