Gaming Daigasso! Band Brothers P

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I did say getting a Japanese enable homebrew game was expensive...but I manage an alternative.

And as long homebrew can run on future 3DS firmware you'll be seeing more dumps. B-)

Reactions: ServbotMan

thomeval

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm just going to leave this here.

It's only moarsongs2 ...whatever it means again. :rofl2:

A PSA in case everyone doesn't already know: Lookie's song collections don't include recorded vocals (the file size would be huge if it did). However, you can compile the vocals yourself ingame using the Recording (レコーディング) main menu option, which is pretty awesome :D. It will take a while though.

infernogott

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is this custom song "trick" possible with the retail version on an EU 3DS or only if I download the game? I play it via gateway emunand, but can't update the game :(

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't matter if you have the retail or digital version. The 3DS must be able to run extdata_tool or savedatafiler to read/write the extdata of the game.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish there was a song sharing community somewhere online like back in the BBDX days. I miss the variety of game songs I'd have from a selection far bigger than what's officially up for the new game.
It's a work in progress, forgotten about for the past 3 months :P. But I'm definitely hoping to release something.... eventually.
Might it at least be possible to release a new version with song deletion as a possibility? Or is that already possible and I'm just bad at finding it? >.<

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Might it at least be possible to release a new version with song deletion as a possibility? Or is that already possible and I'm just bad at finding it? >.<
Hmm, try selecting a song and hitting the delete key? lol

And folks, there's now Ironhax and Tubehax for running homebrew on any 3DS latest firmware. Best of all, it's free! I implore Japanese 3DS user to dump your downloaded songs and share them with the community.

Note: Japanese eShop never got Ironfall so YouTube is the only option (beside Cubic Ninja). Download it ASAP before it's taken down! :)

chango

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
It was localized and released as "Jam With The Band" in Europe. Not vaporware.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Lol fuckin' hell... I remember In the NDS era when it was supposed to be localized as "Jam With The Band" total vaporware

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

In North America I mean. We were supposed to get it too

Neobeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I should've mentioned I already tried that. While it appears deleted in the program, it doesn't actually apply the changes to the file to remove it. x_x
I can confirm that there's no delete implementation in the program. The delete button removing rows is probably just the default behaviour of the gridview control which I forgot to disable. I'll see if I can whip something up quickly.

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I found a temporary solution to delete songs while trying to see if extdata_tool can add new song instead of replacing an existing one (it can't lol).

Make a backup of the extdata just in case!!!

Dump the extdata using savedatafiler. Go into the gak folder and delete the folder(s) assigned to the song you no longer want (use minidegausser to help you out). Restore extdata with savedatafiler. Start up game and on the Nintendo 3DS logo (before the game loads) press and hold A+B+X+Y. Soon the game will ask to check for any error and select yes. It will scan the extdata and see the songs you deleted. Select yes to confirm it. Done!

Last edited by Lookie401,
Reactions: Neobeo

Neobeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Good news everyone! It's been a year since my first post on this thread, so I decided to release what I have. It's largely spaghetti code and I haven't reviewed it in a while, and it's probably nowhere near ready, but I guess it'll work for most purposes.

Binaries and source code are available on https://github.com/adibsurani/Degausser/releases. It'll require .NET Framework 4.5.2 if you don't have it. It might be backward compatible with 4.5, I'm not sure.

Overall, this version is highly unstable and you should still stick to mini-degausser for most purposes, but it does the following new things:
  • Play songs (though missing chords, and the karaoke doesn't work properly)
  • Importing .bdx files (almost works, you'll need to edit and re-save it from inside daigasso)
  • Deleting records from mgr.bin
There's probably a lot of stuff I need to explain in a readme, but I'm hoping you can figure it out. Basically it loads all .bdx and .bbp files in the directory you run it from, so it can take up quite a fair bit of memory. Also anything that might trigger unusual behaviour will probably crash it. Always backup your mgr.bin / gak folder!

I might track issues in the github page when I eventually figure out how, but for now I guess you can just leave basic feedback here.

On my part, I'm hoping that releasing this pre-release version (with source) will encourage me to keep working on it. Mainly since I tend to ignore it for long periods and then work on it in short periods.

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nice! Can't wait to import lots of bdx into P.

Suggestion: Maybe have a direct link to the song page so user can play the stream audio version. The .bbp already contain the song ID so you can use this as a master link:
Code:
http://9129suppon.com/music/non_category/[songID]

Anyway, thanks for the latest update!

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like you should probably create a dedicated thread for degausser, Neobeo, as it's sorta buried being here like it is. It's likely that many people don't know about it because of that. Going to certainly try this out and send songs to my main game from DX to expand my tracks a bit more. :3

Edit: I may be wrong, but it appears the songs imported from DX aren't left/right balanced correctly for the instruments. They appear to be balancing using only the right(positive) only, instead of the whole left/right spectrum(which includes negative values). It's easy to determine where they should've been balanced, if this is the case, but still.

I'll continue checking to see if this does seem to be the case consistently throughout all the songs I've imported, but it seems to be the trend from the few I've looked at.

Last edited by Spikey,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste