Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This thread needs to be revive!

If anybody have a way to launch homebrew app looks into this: http://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-extdata-dump-and-restore-tool-extra-data-editing.378492/
- To use with Ninjahax the link is on the first page
- To use with flashcard like Gateway scroll down to see the latest update link (post #38)

This will dump/decrypt all (I think) DBBP extdata in "00000a0b" folder on your SD card including downloaded and custom songs! We should swap our dumped extdata to see if it works when re-encrypted and playable.

twede86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow! This is really great news. I have imported the game, but haven't been able to access the japanese e-shop, so I can't download any songs. I've resorted to remaking songs, but it is super tedious. I will share some of the content I have made when I get a chance, but we should create a site or some exchange so we can exchange songs!

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow! It works! ...But not without some complication.

1. Remember, this tool only replace, not add, so you need to create a "song" as a placeholder.
2. Here's the tricky part: The placeholder file size needs to be equal or larger than the one getting replace (ie. placeholder = 15KB, actual song =10KB). Just inputting the same note over and over doesn't help as it will only generate 1KB file size. You would have to make the placeholder song "complicated" in order to make the file size larger.
3. Once you get that out of the way, the rest is easy. The song title will not auto rename, you need to manually do that yourself.
3. (NEW) To correct the song title without overwriting one of your custom song it is suggested to make a copy of recent imported song in-game. Then you can delete the placeholder. Also, I recommend not restoring the "adpcm" file aka recorded vocaloid since you can do that yourself in-game. That might mess up with the renaming/deleting of custom songs.

The songs are located in "SD:\dumps\00000a0b\jb\gak\" then follow by a bunch of folder like "80000000", "80000001", "80000002", etc. Each folder contain a file called "pack" no extension. This what needs to get replace. Once replace, remember the folder name that got replace, create a "config.txt" on the root of your SD card, open it and type in the following commands:
Code:
RESTORE "dumps/00000a0b/jb/gak/[folder_name]/pack" "00000a0b:/jb/gak/[folder_name]/pack"
Replace [folder_name] with the actual folder name. If you are replacing more than one song, add more lines to the config.txt like this:

Code:
RESTORE "dumps/00000a0b/jb/gak/80000000/pack" "00000a0b:/jb/gak/80000000/pack"
RESTORE "dumps/00000a0b/jb/gak/80000001/pack" "00000a0b:/jb/gak/80000001/pack"
RESTORE "dumps/00000a0b/jb/gak/80000002/pack" "00000a0b:/jb/gak/80000002/pack"
RESTORE "dumps/00000a0b/jb/gak/80000003/pack" "00000a0b:/jb/gak/80000003/pack"
etc. Save the config.txt file, pop your SD card back to the 3DS, launch the app and select restore.

Hope this gets the ball rolling. I'll share what I have soon. Too bad I updated my JP 3DS before this tool was made so I can only share custom songs (transfer to a homebrew enable 3DS).

EDIT: Here's my dumps to play around. Enjoy!
https://www.sendspace.com/file/3oqaoq

Reactions: thomeval

thomeval

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Success! Although the game seemed to get a bit confused and not all of them survived renaming properly. Great job on your custom songs btw. :)

Here's a couple things I noted:

1) The correct name of the song is stored inside the pack file, meaning that it gets displayed correctly at the start of a gig and when loading it in the editor. Saving it afterwards fixes the name in the song list.
2) When creating your 'complicated placeholder' song, its a good idea to remove any compiled vocals. I learned this the hard way when I inadvertently duplicated Shinedown lyrics into EVERY imported song. It wasn't pretty.
3) The game actually marks the imported songs as 'another person's work', but doesn't display the actual author's name.

I included compiled lyrics in my dump. Did that import correctly?

Reactions: Lookie401

twede86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I will have time today to do some testing and try to export some of the stuff I've worked on. Lookie401, I'd be willing to put together some sort of file sharing site to help organize everyone's work and make the game more playable for people who don't have access to the Japanese e-shop for those Tomatoes.

I think we could build quite the community. There are constantly people who are surprised that there is a 3DS version of the game they used to play so much.

I also just imported a japanese New Nintendo 3DS, but I still don't have access to songs because I don't want to update the firmware. I will be patient and wait for the new exploit. I think that way we'll be able to get a library of plenty of songs.

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I will have time today to do some testing and try to export some of the stuff I've worked on. Lookie401, I'd be willing to put together some sort of file sharing site to help organize everyone's work and make the game more playable for people who don't have access to the Japanese e-shop for those Tomatoes.

I think we could build quite the community. There are constantly people who are surprised that there is a 3DS version of the game they used to play so much.
That would be great. Hopefully this will get more people attention to the game. :)

thomeval

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

That would be awesome. We should also start listing what songs each of us have to get a better idea of what's available.

It would also be very useful to get an extdata dump from someone that has bought songs from the music shop.

Mr. Smiley

Trophies
Website
www.dragonolo.tk
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I'm glad that this is finally happening! I enjoyed the DX version so much, and I couldn't wait for this!!

I can say that everything works fine for me (thanks for sharing some songs!), but I haven't managed to compose a song larger than 12 kb (I filled everything with random short notes). Any suggestions about that?

Also, I can't share any songs because I haven't composed anything yet :I

Anyways, I think that there should be a way to convert the old .bdx files into the "pack" archives that extdata requires... if the structure hasn't changed a lot~

Edit: If I buy a code for tomatoes, will it work on my american console?... I think no, because when you try to enter it, it tries to connect to your NintendoID :I http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b168371759

twede86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you buy a copy of the game it will support the developers, though you won't be able to add any tomatoes. In order to add tomatoes or download new songs, you need to be able to connect to the japanese e-shop. Without a japanese 3DS, you can't do so, sadly.

MrCheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
2. Here's the tricky part: The placeholder file size needs to be equal or larger than the one getting replace (ie. placeholder = 15KB, actual song =10KB). Just inputting the same note over and over doesn't help as it will only generate 1KB file size. You would have to make the placeholder song "complicated" in order to make the file size larger.
I just updated the extdata tool so that that this shouldn't be necessary anymore, you can now replace a file of any size. Can anyone confirm that it works?

themperror

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just updated the extdata tool so that that this shouldn't be necessary anymore, you can now replace a file of any size. Can anyone confirm that it works?
unless you also compile a .3ds version this time, I'll do it again. but it's always more trustworthy if it came from the dev itself ( not that theres much to hack/steal on a 3ds...)

MrCheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't own any flashcards, and prefer not to release something I can't actually test. You're welcome to recompile or do whatever you want, though.

thomeval

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you buy a copy of the game it will support the developers, though you won't be able to add any tomatoes. In order to add tomatoes or download new songs, you need to be able to connect to the japanese e-shop. Without a japanese 3DS, you can't do so, sadly.

Good to know. Thanks.

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nice! I'll try it when I'm on my home computer. Thanks! :D

EDIT (later on): Wait, is this available in .3ds format? I can't use the Ninjahax version since sys (4.2) and emu (9.4) NAND is unlinked.

themperror

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nice! I'll try it when I'm on my home computer. Thanks! :D

EDIT (later on): Wait, is this available in .3ds format? I can't use the Ninjahax version since sys (4.2) and emu (9.4) NAND is unlinked.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ab7919360gbmez9/extdata_dump-master.3ds

Just built it for gateway usage..

(This should be exactly the same as the ninjhax version, and any bugs found SHOULD not be caused by the recompile (a bug in the compiler is very rare, so don't come to me for bugs))

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You can install game update .cia even if it doesn't match your 3DS region, as long as it match the game region. I successfully updated Project Mirai 2 on my 3DS XL 9.2U in GW mode.

I loved this game on the NDS, I absolutely want to import this game :3

thomeval

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Confirmed that the restoring works fine. Thanks!

However, I ran into an issue where renaming a restored song can cause the game to get confused and overwrite another song. It seems safer to duplicate imported songs ingame after restoring from extdata instead (since this fixes the title).

Also, my next masterpiece is done! Enjoy! https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sgdli1i5kosn7w3/AACLGcoTipqzjyK2xoyNunM_a?dl=0

Thanks to cearp's heroic efforts in providing JP game updates, this game works great online, but you aren't allowed to pick custom songs. Does anyone know if the same happens when playing online with friends?

Reactions: cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end