Hacking D2pro & USB Gecko

leonhart83

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys,

I am finding that it is taking a long time (sometimes up to half an hour and more) for the status of the usb gecko server (the wii) to finish the setting up drive. Is this normal? Is there anyway to fix this?

I have not had any problems with dumping games with the dvd extractor just the setup process is huge most of the time.

I am using windows vista 32 and 1.5 gecko tools. I use the gecko loader iso to start the process in gamecube mode.

If this is normal then that would put my mind at ease, but if normal functionality if for it to start dumping almost straight away then I am a little concerned.

Micky.

leonhart83

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OzModChips said:
its probably something to do with vista
should be instant

might want to report it to nuke, on the usb gecko forums

Yeah it seems strange to me too. I have reported on the USBGecko forums but he seems pretty busy with the release of gecko OS.

I will be able to check in about a month if it is not Vista when I move house, as my other PC is XP.

I haven't been able to find this issue for anyone else?

Is there a way to check which version of the d2pro firmware? I am wondering whether it is to do with the modchip? I did have issues with my initial install of the drivechip.

leonhart83

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OzModChips said:
d2pro 9, or 15/19 wire?

Not sure. Bought it from Ozmodchips (not sure if you are directly connected to them) about 1 month month ago (26/05/08). I believe it was when they just started to get stock in again. (Order No. 21756). I did have an issue with the drive not functioning because the modchip was semi faulty. But it was quickly rectified as they were helpful as usual.

I did read something about clicking drives in some models and issues with some of the firmware with this modchip but I haven't had many issues (sometimes the drive light comes on solid blue and won't go any further, but if I cycle the power [unplug and push power button] it would fix this) and I think it is either a weakness with the drivechip (has troubles drive reseting) or a Vista issue with the USB Gecko serial device.

Either way I will try an XP machine when I can, just wanted to know whether there were other people having this issue.

leonhart83

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have updated the drivers for the chip and the fdti drivers as mentioned as well. I am using gh3 as my test game to backup and it hasn't increased the response time. I just sits at the setting up drives still.

Is there anything else I can try?

EDIT:The hard drive controller LED is blinking like crazy at first for a good 30 seconds then it sits idle. I have also checked the task manager and there seems to be no clock cycles devoted to geckoclient during this time and after this time.

Is there any way to tell whether it is the computer or the wii that is the problem?

EDIT: Ok I have also tried Windows XP and it still doesn't kick in straight away or within a normal timeframe.

leonhart83

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I have worked through all of the steps at usbgecko.com and still the above issue is still occurring. There seems to be quite a few people who are having the same issue with the same setup. So I believe that there might be an issue with the Modchip / Usbgecko combination. Just from my experience (not gospel) I would suggest stearing clear of purchasing this combination until the issue is resolved. There seems to be an issue with the d2pro and the drive reset (either serial command from gecko or the drives response). I have tried an tested usbgecko from Nuke himself and it still has not worked.

Has anyone had luck with their d2pro and usbgecko combination? If you want to see what has been tried jump over to usbgecko.com and look for my post.

Hopefully there are some positive stories here regarding other peoples experiences with the drive/device.

Micky.

memorris

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is the d2pro similar to Wasabi mod chip !!!!
solut was having problems and he has sorted it out for people with wassabi mod chips.
Go here and download his program and remember to say thanks to him if it works and give him some feed back.
It hasn't been tested with your chip but it mite work if not bug Nuke
http://www.usbgecko.com/forums/showthread.php?t=577

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc