Misc D-Link DSL-2640U: Anyone got it working in WPA2?

OOPMan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a D-Link DSL-2640U adsl modem/router/access point combo and the Wii does not seem to like it.

I've tested wifi with the router set to:
  • Open
  • WPA2-PSK AES
  • WPA2-PSL/WPA-PSK AES
The only option that works with the Wii seems to be open, which is no use.

Anyone have any advice.

As a side note, I'm running 4.1E

OOPMan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Obviously :-)

The only thing that seems to work is open mode. The modes where I have to enter a key just don't work :-(

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Funny, casue WPA2-PSK [AES] works on my Wii perfectly.

I can't say anything about WPA-PSA [AES], but WPA-PSK [TKIP] also works on my WIi.

Wii supports WEP/WPA/WPA2

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wii supports WPA2-PSK TKIP along most others, if you wii cant connect to your router when the security is on then you have an issue with the SSID or network key or both or the access control list ACL for short, ACL resides in the router and is like a list of devices which can connect, when there is no security there is no ACL, and when the security is up then it refers to the ACL, there is one other aspect aswell, most routers can be set to auto accept new connections, or by register only, or by not accepting connections, you will want to check them too.

If after you checked everything then really the only thing can be at fault is the router, but dont despair as you can reset the router back to factory settings, and that will delete a little file in the router storage memory called a config file.

I know with some D-Links you have to save the changes and they are in some weird ass place

I have mine connecting fine on WPA2-PSK TKIP fine

also make sure connect on demand is not ticked that way your router wont drop the connection

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah I still own slaves just ask ancientboi his nicknames mister slave +1