Hacking Wii Refuses to connect to WiFi or USB Ethernet Adapor

thetasigma2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, trying to update the softmod on my Wii which was modded roughly before the 4.3 update was released. I stupidly re-used the original memory card for something else, so no longer have the original setup on the card at least.
Looking at a few different options to check what softmod it was running and what changes were made, I was recommended to try Modmii or to update from 4.2e to 4.3.

Now where the real trouble starts. I've tried connecting to my Wifi with multiple options both on the router and Wii itself.

• Checked and confirmed multiple times that security password for router is correct.
  • 5Ghz network turned off, so only 2.5Ghz network shows and doesn't confuse Wii. 802.11n - 802.11g/n mixed - 802.11b/g/n mixed.
  • Checked each of the above settings with every type of Wii security settings available WPA-PSK - WPA-PSK2 etc
  • Tried with the DNS settings that the Wii gathers from the router by itself.
  • Tried changing DNS settings to options such as Cloudfare and Google on the advice of other users.
  • Tried to connect via RiiConnect with relevant DNS settings.
  • Tried connecting another known working Wii to the network which worked fine.
  • Tried connecting other devices like my phone etc to the wifi network, to confirm there's not a limit on the number of devices my router can support.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
FYI u can update your softmods using modmii without a wifi connection on the wii.

I recall reading something not that long ago about certain modern routers or router settings not playing nicely with the wii, but I don't remember specifics. Have u tried another access point? Maybe a mobile Hotspot just to test it out?

Reactions: CoolMe and impeeza

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In the router is normaly a white / black list, wich devices are allowed/ disallowed to connect. Wlan and ethernet lists are maybe seperated. If there isnt any MAC of the problematic Wii. Set a whitlist entry for it.
You get the MAC Adress in Systemsettings -> Internet -> Console settings -> The MAC should be visible in the first line.

Then try to connect manually the Wii with your settings over WLAN.

You may also try a different more free canal in the router. But if the other Wii and devices work flawless. Its just a try for lower disruptions.

Last edited by Sypherone,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto