KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've been saying that Team Cyclops are a bunch of clueless thieves since the very beginning. All of their "amazing" features have been lifted from both Team Twiizers and Team Supercard.
Guess who's laughing now ;)

iEvo was quite a fail, where the regular Evolution had a great run. Still laughing with my Evo. ;)

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's a shame really, because the original CycloDS was such an amazing card for compatibility in the early stages of the DS life cycle. It's sad that it took them a couple of years to finally release a DSi compatible card, clearly it couldn't have been that hard to make them considering how quick the EZ Flash, Supercard, M3, AceKard and R4 all had cards on the market. Some how I think there have been some underlying management issues with Team Cyclops over the last few years and that has really what hurt them, and maybe they have lost some coders too.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I NEVER really understood the hype about Team Cyclops. At early stages they needed a lot of updates, but didnt even update as frequently as the M3 team did, yet they were praised more..
Ended up buying one because of the hype. Anyway Both M3 and Cyclops dead.. lol

The original Cyclo DS Evolution had far more stability and required less game patching in order to run games then the M3 did, even if there were more updates. I have owned both the original generation DS cards from M3 and Team Cyclops, the M3 Simply required less firmware updates but usually you had to patch ROM files in order to use them for certain releases, while the DS Evo was compatible with almost every game that got released regardless of the AP protection on it.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Team Cyclops had the most overpriced and overrated products in the flastcart industry.
Eh. The Evo was the only cart at the time with such good compatibility and features (Real Time Saves for example). The iEvo hasn't been as good a product, but you can't deny the fact that the Evo offered much more than the R4 or AK2 for example could ever offer due to the hardware used for the carts.

Reactions: 2 people

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I've been saying that Team Cyclops are a bunch of clueless thieves since the very beginning. All of their "amazing" features have been lifted from both Team Twiizers and Team Supercard.

iEvo was quite a fail, where the regular Evolution had a great run. Still laughing with my Evo. ;)
The regular evolution copied the R4's interface, and the SuperCard's features and compatability fixes.
I NEVER really understood the hype about Team Cyclops. At early stages they needed a lot of updates, but didnt even update as frequently as the M3 team did, yet they were praised more..

The original Cyclo DS Evolution had far more stability and required less game patching in order to run games then the M3 did, even if there were more updates. I have owned both the original generation DS cards from M3 and Team Cyclops, the M3 Simply required less firmware updates but usually you had to patch ROM files in order to use them for certain releases, while the DS Evo was compatible with almost every game that got released regardless of the AP protection on it.
The regular evolution copied the R4's interface, and the SuperCard's features and compatability fixes.
The M3 continuously attempted to redefine their interfaces, forgetting that compatability fixes were just as important as the graphical appearance.
Team Cyclops had the most overpriced and overrated products in the flastcart industry.
Eh. The Evo was the only cart at the time with such good compatibility and features (Real Time Saves for example). The iEvo hasn't been as good a product, but you can't deny the fact that the Evo offered much more than the R4 or AK2 for example could ever offer due to the hardware used for the carts.
Real-time-save was first added to the SuperCard DSONE, and then stolen by Team Cyclops. Incidentally, RTS is software based, not hardware based. In theory any and all flashcarts that support Action Replay codes can inject the necessary code to make in-game functionality possible.
Hope they close down, bunch of money grabbing cheap bastards
I guess you use a DSTT then Rockstar, for your hipster needs.
DSTTs and R4s were the most common/popular carts a few years ago. Whereas Cyclops marketed towards the hipsters of the NDS Scene.

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is just a sign that the DS and DSi era is over. Eventually, all the teams will quite their updates due to lack of interest to the system and sales of new cards.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Only someone who couldn't afford a CylcoDS Evolution at the time or a flashcard n00b would say something like that. The iEvolution was a flop, it was way too late to the game and really doesn't offer anything that makes it superior to the SCDS2 for it's price, the SCDS2 is probably the best value card on the market to date in terms of features.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

The M3 continuously attempted to redefine their interfaces, forgetting that compatability fixes were just as important as the graphical appearance.
Real-time-save was first added to the SuperCard DSONE, and then stolen by Team Cyclops. Incidentally, RTS is software based, not hardware based. In theory any and all flashcarts that support Action Replay codes can inject the necessary code to make in-game functionality possible.
I guess you use a DSTT then Rockstar, for your hipster needs.
DSTTs and R4s were the most common/popular carts a few years ago. Whereas Cyclops marketed towards the hipsters of the NDS Scene.

And? The R4 and DSTT had horrendous game compatibility and horribly lacking firmware updates and almost no team development support when Nintendo started putting AP on their games. When people wanted to play games without them crashing, they bought the CycloDS Evolution. Interfaces are meaningless, at least Team Cyclops offered a product that worked, and would have continued to work had Nintendo not ever created the DSi, and the only reason they did that was because of the rampant game piracy due to cards like the R4 becoming so easily accessible and affordable despite being pure garbage.

All I ever have cared about was playing games the interface of something that I see for 60 seconds before I boot up a game is absolutely meaningless.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Team Cyclops is the XROM of the DS generation. Hope someone has been around long enough to get this.

Are there any plans to update the old reviews on the site? Like the CycloDS Revolution review still sports 100% compatibility. If it's supposed to be a historic review though I'd keep it as a memento or someday period piece.

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Team Cyclops is the XROM of the DS generation. Hope someone has been around long enough to get this.

Are there any plans to update the old reviews on the site? Like the CycloDS Revolution review still sports 100% compatibility. If it's supposed to be a historic review though I'd keep it as a memento or someday period piece.
What was wrong with the XRom? I still use it in my GBA SP and have been since 2005. :blink:

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Freakin' douches. They pulled this with their Slot 2's as well. I'll never buy another TC flash cart, if one is ever made.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work