Trophies
Website
www.craftotaku.com
XP
Country
United States
morphius said:
saxamo said:
This is ridiculous! The least you could do is appeal, i mean one short letter stating that you were going to use it to start developing homebrew for the DS would be better than nothing...

as far as i can tell from reading those letters...he would have to post a $250 bond JUST to appeal. He is better off going the route he did. This BTW is why i order from RHS
He still should've done it to prove a point...

eugLena

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lazycus said:
Well, looks like time for me to eat crow. Thanks for posting the scans and good luck with your refund. I really hope they didn't label the contents as a "MOD chip" but you never know. I've received shipments from both Divineo-China and Divineo-Canada and never had any problems. I don't think I ever requested FedEx.

Yeah, I wouldn't have believed the story without scans either. I'm not posting to make Divineo look bad either, because they did have fast shipment and are actively discussing the situation with me, but i definitely agree that labeling it 'mod chip' is straight up stupid.

eugLena

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
saxamo said:
This is ridiculous! The least you could do is appeal, i mean one short letter stating that you were going to use it to start developing homebrew for the DS would be better than nothing...

[edit] Also, the deal with FedEx is that they CAN open your packages as they are a 3rd party carrier. USPS is a government entity and therefore can't invade your privacy (in that manner)

I will be attempting to appeal. The other pages of the letter go into more detail about my options. However, if it gets to the point of having to pay 'bail' on my items I am giving up.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceclaw said:
Anyone mirror the pages? It seems to be down.

what the letter scans??

yeah here mirrored

gtdwol4yackwop2f06jg.jpg

page 2

a6ouug1x00niqhrwqu9q.jpg

XRacer101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, I have never heard of that happening. You should have went to RealHotStuff. They are the best flashcart retailer in the US.

Wizard298

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They should have stealthed that shit better!

Fucked up man, US goverment needs to keep there dirty paws off other peoples shit! You going to fight that or you going to let it go?

xxRAG3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chrono_Tata said:
xxRAG3 said:
You can probably pull a class-action lawsuit.
Do you have any idea what a class-action lawsuit is or do you just think it sounds cool?
It has the word action in it.
Its too bad you cant hear the tone of my voice over the netz, or u could here das IRONY.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Then you, sir, are a fool. I suggest you complete a degree in Law before advising anyone on such delicate legal matters again.

This is how you do irony on the inteweb.
tongue.gif

JabbaFlap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is ridiculous (!) Bush has turned America into a fascist banana republic. Thank God for Obama and some sane democrats!
Maybe try Ebay or a seller with stock in the US

Zieg30CT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raven Darkheart said:
this is why i never ordered from divineo
always use RHS in country

Quoted for Truth

to OP
if you have a Cyclo by now why worry about filing a grievance with the government? just get a refund from Divineo if you haven't yet and move on with life.
consider it a lesson learned.

nick944

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
eugLena said:
Lol, are you joking? I am legitimately warning people that an order from Divineo could very well be monitored for flashing hardware by US customs.
Yeah, any package I have got from Divineo.cn has been stopped and opened by customs. I bought a Treamcast (portable Dreamcast with a mod chip, speakers, and LCD screen) it was stopped for about 5 days by customs before being released. If they had known what it was it would have probably been seized.

eugLena

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zieg30CT said:
Raven Darkheart said:
this is why i never ordered from divineo
always use RHS in country

Quoted for Truth

to OP
if you have a Cyclo by now why worry about filing a grievance with the government? just get a refund from Divineo if you haven't yet and move on with life.
consider it a lesson learned.

Have one, love it and already got most of my money back from Divineo. My letter back to customs said just throw away my stuff.

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very cool they refunded your money, was their bad for "MOD CHIP set". Morons.

I had ordered mine through consolesource (before I read about ppl having customer service issues with them), which I believe is also based in Canada. I guess it's just divineo that's tossing up the red flag with customs.

tsol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nick944 said:
Yeah, any package I have got from Divineo.cn has been stopped and opened by customs. I bought a Treamcast (portable Dreamcast with a mod chip, speakers, and LCD screen) it was stopped for about 5 days by customs before being released. If they had known what it was it would have probably been seized.

out of curiosity, what good is a mod chip on a dreamcast when you can play burned games without one?
unsure.gif

also, pretty crazy about homeland security being used to enforce copyright laws. really messed up actually..

anyway thanks to this thread i was sure to order from in country, hopefully my cyclo will be here monday..

Master_SL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They shouldn't be able to confiscate it unless they are capable of proving you would be using it for illegal purposes.
In short, they did not have reasonable justification for confiscating the card.
Ah well, order from someone else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay