OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lazycus said:
eugLena said:
I will gladly scan and provide the document sent to me by US customs with my personal information crossed out.

C'mon kid, where's the scan? Without it I'm still calling BS on your story.

Stuck in CT and the papers are back home, but don't worry the scans are coming. I sucked it up and re-ordered a Cyclo from NXPGame.com and loving it even though I ended up spending $100 total on it after the whole affair. 'cept now i get to deal with the ezf 3-in-1.

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I can say is that sucks... But I'm sure there's a customs agent out shopping for a Micro SD card right now to use with the CycloDS he confiscated.

Zerotance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Read www.totalgba.com:
QUOTE said:
Dear TotalGBA customer,

Our stock has been seized by HM Revenue & Customs due to an application made by Nintendo. As a result we have effectively been shut down.

Customers who have purchased products during 2008 (and December 2007) that are still under warranty need not worry. Customer service and customer satisfaction have always been our highest concerns and we will honour all requests to replace a faulty product still under warranty until December 31st, 2009.

We will also continue to provide product support to all current customers by e-mail (see below) until the same date; December 31st, 2009.

We have had a lot of fun serving you during the 4 years we have been in operation and we would have liked to continue doing so.

From the whole TotalGBA team, we would like to thank all our loyal customers and wish them and their families a merry xmas and a happy new year.

Until next time,

The TotalGBA team

Their whole stock got taken of ez-flash products

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
That's Britain though. The OP is talking about US Customs.

As was said previously, it's not news that entire batches of flashcarts has been seized, but this is the first time we've heard of an individual flashcart being seized. Haven't heard of this happening to anyone else either and that's why people are quite sceptical of the OP's claim.

eugLena

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Links to the first 2 pages are provided.

I have to at least give props to Divineo for offering me a refund if I provide the documents to them.

In the end I got my cyclo anyway and it was worth the effort!

thanks for the advice.

eugLena

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
edited my post with imageshack links.

i just ordered a new one from NXPGame. Little more on the expensive side for most items but the ground shipping is quick.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Hmm. It's labelled as "Cyclo DS Evolution MOD chip set". No wonder it caught Customs's attention, with all the stuff going on about mod chips.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, looks like time for me to eat crow. Thanks for posting the scans and good luck with your refund. I really hope they didn't label the contents as a "MOD chip" but you never know. I've received shipments from both Divineo-China and Divineo-Canada and never had any problems. I don't think I ever requested FedEx.

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is ridiculous! The least you could do is appeal, i mean one short letter stating that you were going to use it to start developing homebrew for the DS would be better than nothing...

[edit] Also, the deal with FedEx is that they CAN open your packages as they are a 3rd party carrier. USPS is a government entity and therefore can't invade your privacy (in that manner)

morphius

The King of the Cosmos
Trophies
Website
pachimod.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
saxamo said:
This is ridiculous! The least you could do is appeal, i mean one short letter stating that you were going to use it to start developing homebrew for the DS would be better than nothing...

as far as i can tell from reading those letters...he would have to post a $250 bond JUST to appeal. He is better off going the route he did. This BTW is why i order from RHS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay