enigmaindex

the Scarecrow
OP
Trophies
Website
www.zomganime.com
XP
Country
Okay well i got my Cyclo DS and it was DOA, i sent it back today and getting a new one in a few days time.

And lately i have a real craving to play GBA games and what not after playing around with GB/GBC/GBA emulators for the PC.

My question is which Slot 2 device should i get? I am a real noob when it comes to Slot 2.

I need it to play GBA games (expandable memory if possible like a MICRO SD slot), RAM expansion and Rumble Pack (dont care about this). Also would like a real time clock for games that need it, like Pokemon Ruby and what not.

I have done a little research and it seems the EZ Flash 3 in 1 and the M3 Perfect Lite meets the standards i require.

AS far as i know the EZ Flash 3 in 1 supports GBA games, no micro sd slot, ram expansion, no real time clock and rumble pack.
The M3 perfect Lite supports GBA games, micro sd slot, ram expansion, real time clock and no rumble pack.

So i leaning towards the M3 Perfect Lite because of the extra micro sd slot and real time clock (I have a 2 gig micro lying around).

My question, does the M3 Perfect Lite work with the Cyclo DS. If it does work how (is extra homebrew required), because i dont think you can boot Slot 2 from the Cyclo. Can you play GBA roms directly from the M3 micro sd slot without the need of linking up with the Slot 1 micro sd card?

Yeah alot of questions but any help and advice is appreciated.
bow.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can boot slot 2 in DS mode or GBA mode with any slot 1 flashcart, regardless of whether or not the cart supports it directly. You can use a Superkey rom (freely available in the SCDS1 service packs) to boot the slot 2 cart in DS mode, or you can use gbaswitch.nds (a homebrew app) to boot it in GBA mode.

The M3 Perfect is a self contained flashcart. Once you get it started it doesn't need anything but itself and its memory card to do its job.

If you really care about both the microSD slot and the RTC, I think the M3 Perfect is your only choice. Don't get an M3 Pro, it doesn't have GBA support.

enigmaindex

the Scarecrow
OP
Trophies
Website
www.zomganime.com
XP
Country
Once again Destructobot saves the day.
bow.gif

Thanks so much, it is appreciated. Oh i also think Destructobot should become a Mod of Knowledge or something liek that, like seriously is there anything DS Pirate/Flash Cart related that he doesn't know? Haha, just my 2 cents.
bow.gif

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Once again Destructobot saves the day.Â
bow.gif

Oh i also think Destructobot should become a Mod of Knowledge or something liek that, like seriously is there anything DS Pirate/Flash Cart related that he doesn't know? Haha, just my 2 cents.Â
bow.gif

Seriously, I hope no-one ever moderates knowledge. Just my 2 cents.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the r4ds dosn't boot into gba mode when you choose the slot 2 option, i have to switch to gba mode manually when i boot up my g6 lite.
QUOTE(Destructobot @ Dec 7 2007, 04:04 AM)or you can use gbaswitch.nds (a homebrew app) to boot it in GBA mode.

The R4 does boot GBA games & software in GBA mode. It only boots the slot 2 cart in DS mode if it detects DS software (such as the G6's loader).

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
the g6 lite supports both gba and ds mode, when i boot it via slot 2 i select gba mode that way manually (by pressing Y), however saying that the r4ds boots into gba mode straight away is not true as there is no hardware to support that feature unless you use the nds file mentioned above.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's what I said in the first place. You can use those files to boot the slot 2 cart in either GBA or DS mode regardless of the capabilities of the slot 1 cart.

And saying that the R4 boots GBA games in GBA mode is true, because that's what it does. The G6 Lite is not a GBA game, it's a DS flashcart. Therefore it gets booted in DS mode.

kevenka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Srry but I thought it was related -.-
I simply hate making another topic and then people just tell me to search b/c I searched and found this one ^^
and about the battery dying, is it possible to replace it?(Thanks for answering destructobot but I didn't know it was that offtopic)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up