Hacking Cyclo Evo + EZ 3in1 Expansion

massah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I spent my whole researching about which flash card to choose...
Now, I am pretty sure I'm going to buy a Cyclo + Ez 3in1 Expansion.
However, I still have some questions and worries:

1 - Does Cyclo fully support all functions of Ez? (Some say the rumble does work, some don't, just want to make sure)

2 - Is it true that the rumble makes a awful amount of noise, even in low? Can I turn it off?

3 - It is said that the Ez has a limited amount of space... if I want to play a game like Kingdom Hearts, which is the biggest game for GBA I know, and that I will certainly want to play, will it work?

4 - If the answer for number 3 is NO, am I better off with a Cyclo + G6 lite? Money is not such a big deal.

If someone can clarify this to me, I'd appreciate very much
biggrin.gif

EDIT: I've just read about Erwin Expansion pack... I don't really care about the rumble, am I better with this then?

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1. It should, though there may be an odd game that does not work with the EZ3in1.
2. You can turn rumble off, but not the noise from the rumble (ie. you can't just turn off the noise and leave the rumble on
laugh.gif
)
3. Yes it will work. You can only keep one game on at a time, but you can switch these using the appropriate homebrew
4. The G6 Lite will do better if you plan to play more GBA, and perhaps some older homebrew that will not work on the Cyclo (can't think of any you might want to use)
5. Once eWin release a loader for the CycloDS (not sure if it currently works with Cyclo, or if they have already released a universal version), you may use it instead. Under the eWin, you will not need to prepatch games; this is done directly on the machine. Other than that, it should be the same, just without rumble. Patching isn't a problem either. eWin also comes in most colours, and fits flush, so you may want that

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
5. Once eWin release a loader for the CycloDS (not sure if it currently works with Cyclo, or if they have already released a universal version), you may use it instead. Under the eWin, you will not need to prepatch games; this is done directly on the machine. Other than that, it should be the same, just without rumble. Patching isn't a problem either. eWin also comes in most colours, and fits flush, so you may want that
The loader is DLDI, everything except NDS-GBA linkage works on a CycloDS Evo

- Sam

NDS_N00b

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i also have your doubt, i can't decide EZ Flash or th ewin....the rumble isn't that important to me, really, i think it consumes more batery...
also, the fact that ewin is like, just put it in there and that's it, don't need to patch, can have multiple games....don't know...
i was hoping the M3 team would realease their GBA support from M3Real separatly from the M3Real, it seens to be the best solution there is..

is the compatibility the same for the slots (ewin and ez i mean)?

HackNeyed

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

- Sam

NDS-GBA does work if you load the GBA game onto the eWin with its loader and then do a quick power cycle then take all the time you wish to load up the NDS rom. Well, I only tried it with Castlevania AOS and DOS but it did work. Its the soft reset that only works for the R4 at the moment.

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is incorrect. There was a brief time where they accidentally broke NDS-GBA linkage when they added built in rumble support for the 3 in 1, but they fixed it like a week later and now it works perfectly. You just turn off the rumble feature in the options so that the 3-in-1 acts as the GBA game and not the rumble pack. When you're done linking you can easily turn rumble back on. The Cyclo DS and 3-in-1 work great together. There's nothing the 3-in-1 can do that doesn't work with the CycloDS. You don't even have to patch the opera browser.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...