Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

I am considering switching to an alternate flash cart, you can guess which one, not cause I don't like it, I just want more disk space. The cyclo ds is my top choice, but I found some conflicting information. On the gbatemp review of Cyclo DS Evolution it says it features straight drag and drop of roms, http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=53450#d2
But on the Cyclo DS website, the manual for Cyclo DS micro SD, http://www.cyclopsds.com/downloads/CycloDS-Documentation.pdf says it requires you use their tool to load the roms and patch them. Is this someone different than Cyclo DS Evolution?

Or which is correct?

Thanks,

UofG2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks, the cyclo ds website seems poorly worded in that area. If DS-x can do it without patching, if figured Cyclo would be fine. Just wanted to be sure.

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to be honest, I have no idea what that document is talking about. I have 3 Cyclo's in our family's DSs and have used them for about a year now, and I've never had to patch anything at all. I am actually surprised, if a Cyclo patches exists, because you don't need it. That document must be referring to an older version before the Evolution was released.

I've owned 4 different brands of flashcarts and I will always highly recommend Cyclo DS Evo. I am currently using a Sandisk 8GB and it runs all my games, music, and video great. I wouldn't buy anything else.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
UofG2000 said:
Thanks everyone,

On a somewhat related note, if anyone hears how to make Summon Night Twin Age work on a DS-x, please let me know.
Try upgrading to the unofficial 1.13 Firmware. If that doesn't work, then you're screwed. Don't bother asking for help because the DS-X team will not help you. You'll love the Cyclo DS if you get it, trust me.

UofG2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, I'm well past the 1.13 firmware point. Arm 7 patch is no help either. I think this the first game I actually couldn't play. But I have no other compaints with my Ds-x. I was early in and it was my only choice at the time. Flash cards are so cheap now, may as well buy another alternate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay