Hardware M3 ds real ? help

mushurb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi!
I'm here because I struggle with my Ds Lite and the M3 linker...
It's been a while since I wanted to play with it and my SD card was reset, so I installed M3 Sakura files.
But when I try to execute a game, it just freezes on white screen...

I've tried to find the problem, since it's not the ROMs (that work well on my brother card, a cyclods evolution), and when I run the reading test it says :
"It is not affected by the type of FAT and the size of the cluster, but it is affected by disk performance and the quality of the DLDI driver".
I don't know what it really means, maybe it's the reason of my freezes.

Can you help me ?

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi!
I'm here because I struggle with my Ds Lite and the M3 linker...
It's been a while since I wanted to play with it and my SD card was reset, so I installed M3 Sakura files.
But when I try to execute a game, it just freezes on white screen...

I've tried to find the problem, since it's not the ROMs (that work well on my brother card, a cyclods evolution), and when I run the reading test it says :
"It is not affected by the type of FAT and the size of the cluster, but it is affected by disk performance and the quality of the DLDI driver".
I don't know what it really means, maybe it's the reason of my freezes.

Can you help me ?
Which games are you trying to run? So it's a M3 DS Real and not M3 Simply or another one, right? And which SD card are you using? Some newer ones are incompatible with the M3 DS Real, so it's better to have 32GB or less, and slower speeds, like not UHS II or something, but regular class 2/4/6/8.

I'd suggest moving everything off your SD card, reformatting it via the Panasonic Formatting tool (make sure it's the older version, 2, not 3/4, as I've tested those with a Kingston card and found out games run worse if I format it with the newer versoin - here's a link to the old version https://x-drivers.com/catalog/bench.../companies/panasonic/models/sd_formatte/19917). Or use your Windows native formatter, at least on Win 7 it was also good.

Then put there brand new files from the download section, and put there some old roms that should work (eg. games from 2011+ might have AP), because CycloDS has automatic AP-patching, so some games that don't work on the M3 can work on it.

If it doesn't work, use this:

https://gbatemp.net/download/retrogamefan-multi-cart-update.35737/

Get the M3 version, and if you copy all files, incl. system, it will work as your main OS, if you grab only the TTDS/etc., it will be bootable via the ysmenu.ds file in your Sakura. Btw you're running Sakura and not Touchpoud, right? I'd recomming using Ysmenu from Sakura because it works with games that don't work on M3 natively, like several English-translated games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ding dong