'Cyberpunk 2077' expansion 'Phantom Liberty' announced

cyberpunk.jpg

During its Night City Wire Cyberpunk 2077 event , CD Projekt Red has announced the Phantom Liberty expansion. This spy-thriller themed expansion will feature a new cast of characters that protagonist V will encounter in a new area within Night City. In addition, Keanu Reeves will be reprising his role as Johnny Silverhand in Phantom Liberty. A teaser trailer accompanied the announcement:

The Phantom Liberty expansion for Cyberpunk 2077 is slated for a 2023 launch on PC, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and Stadia.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
is this going to cost money? i hope nobody gets tricked by well-wishes and a pretty cinematic trailer. it's one thing to be tricked once and pre-order the main game, another thing to have physical evidence that this won't turn out very good and still be ready to buy whatever this is.

fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me etc
Yep this will most likely cost money. Probably guessing around 20-30USD. I bet people who bought the game at launch would demand the DLC for free considering how big of a disaster that was, lol but that won't even happen cause they shafted last gen.

Reactions: orangy57

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Despite all the shit people give this game, I had a ton of fun playing through it (I just really hated how the story ends...
how are they going to explain this expansion anyway? A new main character?
)

If you actually play the game and look around the city, a TON of work and love went into this game. I had less bugs occur in my 35+ hours of play than my recent 20 hour play through of Saints Row... now THAT is a buggy mess! It has cool characters, good voice acting, and fun gameplay. I think people hate on it too much without even trying it, it doesn't really deserve all of the flak it gets...

Willgheminass

The Ultimate Pink Lurker
Trophies
Website
rhylnzux.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Despite all the shit people give this game, I had a ton of fun playing through it (I just really hated how the story ends...
how are they going to explain this expansion anyway? A new main character?
)

If you actually play the game and look around the city, a TON of work and love went into this game. I had less bugs occur in my 35+ hours of play than my recent 20 hour play through of Saints Row... now THAT is a buggy mess! It has cool characters, good voice acting, and fun gameplay. I think people hate on it too much without even trying it, it doesn't really deserve all of the flak it gets...
What I'm guessing is it's gonna be content that happens before the end of the story, like some other area you would intentionally go to after picking up a certain quest, to access the DLC content. Like Skyrim and it's DLC for example, just more story elsewhere in the world. Or that's at least what I understand based on what I remember seeing of the game's ending.

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Past gen consoles shouldn't have gotten the game in the first place
That's Konrad Tomaszkiewicz's fault. But you know what? A lot of companies post CP2077 have managed to release next-gen games on previous gen consoles alongside the next current-gen consoles without issue. It absolutely should have been possible. CD Projekt RED simply failed badly at something others were able to achieve without much fanfare. They would love to pretend that they never released those versions, and it was downright criminal that they did. I don't see why anyone on those consoles should be disappointed that they won't be getting the privilege of paying for more Cyberpunk product.

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i "only" have a ps4 pro, and i didn't update it since 9.03, didn't mod it either, just wanted to keep that door open. so i am already out. my only next gen console is a xbox series s
i liked the game, and after the first few patches it crashed very seldom.
still a sad thing to say about a console game. it is the only console game that crashed hard on unmodded hardware!

but i feel angry to get booted out with a ps4 pro.
on the other hand: if they don't reintroduce the monorail i am not interested at all

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice. Gonna replay the game once that expansion is out, and top it off with it. Only played it on release and enjoyed the shit-ton out of it

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Last Gen is last Gen.

Onward to better things and hopefully quicker updates now that they’re not being dragged down by almost 9 year old hardware

Also Stadia is supported because it’s using the PC version
Normally I would agree, supporting last Gen systems this late would be silly. But the issue isn’t that, it’s the long history of CD Projekt Red promising last Gen support and completely ruining that. This just continues the long history of poor treatment for the very generation that this game was promised to be on. One would at least hope that future DLC would make up for the countless promises, delays, the buggy mess of a launch, and the gross mishandling of their game. But no, even that’s not the case, last Gen buyers get shafted yet again by CD shitbags

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I agree completely. It's not the same as a tabletop, but then again what is? Maybe Baldur's Gate 3?

Reactions: SonyUSA

Bepx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this going to cost money? i hope nobody gets tricked by well-wishes and a pretty cinematic trailer. it's one thing to be tricked once and pre-order the main game, another thing to have physical evidence that this won't turn out very good and still be ready to buy whatever this is.

I don’t remember exactly but they mentioned free updates/dlc & paid expansions. Unfortunately, I think we already got the free updates/dlc

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Oh it will be DRM free on GOG. :creep:

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
If they won't give us an option for a good ending vor V, I'm not gonna pay for that garbage and also will review-bomb it on every possible platform/site.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay