Homebrew Custom Theme Thread

usagirei

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Watched your video, Agree with the most part, mainly about bad color scheme decisions :P, (Also bad gradient color choices which you didn't cover there, but sort of fall down on color schemes).

Anyway, what i meant to talk is that I'll take in consideration changing the default extension on loading themes to just ".bin", maybe add a shell handler under "Edit" to directly launch the theme file via the right click menu (not double click probably, since bin files are rather common, and i'd rather avoid a general association to the bin files)

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
3dd.png

Theme based on the game for Gameboy.
Still I will post the green, yellow and red versions wait.

Images scrolling
top.pngbottom.png

Icon, Folders and edges
icone.png folderclosed.png folderopen.png filesmall.png filelarge.png
In order to download this theme click here.

Note: So I post the other versions will provide the editable icons.

Preview of the other versions
imagem_com_rolagem2-1.pngimagem_com_rolagem2-3.png

Last edited by Ryumaru,

Tyrann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
View attachment 44665
Theme based on the game for Gameboy.
Still I will post the green, yellow and red versions wait.

Images scrolling
View attachment 44672View attachment 44667

Icon, Folders and edges
View attachment 44673 View attachment 44670 View attachment 44671 View attachment 44669 View attachment 44668
In order to download this theme click here.

Note: So I post all versions missing will provide your file folder and edge in editable mode.

Preview of the other versions
View attachment 44678View attachment 44681
These themes are better than the original ones available on the eShop!
Great great work my friend :D

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
These themes are better than the original ones available on the eShop!
Great great work my friend :D
Thanks for the compliment.
I will update the icons blue version made some changes on the icons.
Then I'll post the other versions .

Last edited by Ryumaru,

BLarghsalot!

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a small question: in yata's theme creation program, what are the borders for? specifically these:
border24.png
border48.png
i have no idea what part of the theme these are used for.. possibly the squares around the apps/games like pokemon or zelda games? or are these border things completely redundant?

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
i have a small question: in yata's theme creation program, what are the borders for? specifically these: View attachment 44700 View attachment 44702 i have no idea what part of the theme these are used for.. possibly the squares around the apps/games like pokemon or zelda games? or are these border things completely redundant?

It looks to me like its used for the bottom screen? Or is it for both the top and bottom screen?:unsure:

Edit: they look like borders

Last edited by jimmyleen,

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
i have a small question: in yata's theme creation program, what are the borders for? specifically these: View attachment 44700 View attachment 44702 i have no idea what part of the theme these are used for.. possibly the squares around the apps/games like pokemon or zelda games? or are these border things completely redundant?
See the links I leave my signature at the end of the post.
It has links to several tutorials.

Last edited by Ryumaru,

InquisitionImplied

Two-cent DF
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I can't find anything like that on YATA+, but I do suggest you use the [url=https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-usagi-3ds-theme-editor-net-library-testers-wanted.412233/]Usagi 3DS Theme Editor [/URL]to make the theme look exactly how you want it, since it shows everything on it's preview, and use YATA+ if you want to want to import the top or bottom 3DS screen using the dimensions YATA+ uses.

BLarghsalot!

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried getting that program but for some reason it says i can't run it due to not having network framework 4.5 (even though my pc has 4.5 framework on it.)

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
i tried getting that program but for some reason it says i can't run it due to not having network framework 4.5 (even though my pc has 4.5 framework on it.)
Change the compatibility mode.
Click with the right mouse button in Yata icon and look for the compatibility tab.
Change to Windows Vista or XP.
Try to download the complete package of the updated framework.
You may be missing some file.

Last edited by Ryumaru,

takem666

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
sup!. i have an issue trying to upload this theme to 3dsthemes.es so upload it by this source
im a great fan of killer instinct and i want to make a theme for every single characters , hope you like it
12938137_257946217875867_6775376716387717131_n-vert.jpg

BGM: The tiger warrior
SCROLLING : yes
SFX : no
Name : Killer Instinct Jago Alternate

link :https://www.mediafire.com/?l5d1xewm8fco7e7

InquisitionImplied

Two-cent DF
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tiny off topic question: where could i get a good skull kid sfx so i can put it nto a theme i am making based on majora's mask?

You can try here at noproblo.dayjo.org. I've found them helpful in the past. Seems they have laughing, kicking, screaming, hovering, and walking effects from him.

Last edited by InquisitionImplied,

BLarghsalot!

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i already found a slight better site (though it may be a bit dated on updates...) i got all of the sound files of hw/hwl,ssb,wiiu/3ds,and various other games.sadly it it is somehow Extremely dated on updates as parts of the site seems to be missing pages of games or were neglected by submisioners on the site itself.example: if you were to look for a digimon sound file, the site will have none existant due to no one submissioned any..but for some odd reason the only sound file for tp available atm is the empty bottle motion/jingle..even better example: look for yourself. http://www.sounds-resource.com/ how the site works: game sounds you want will be listed under the games they originate from & what system they originate from basically scroll over to the side where t says consoles and select a console. (other systems is CDi zelda,and various other systems that were snuffed out/never had a successor.) these sound files are all Crisp and high quality for super small sizes surprisingly enough tht the 3ds can take them(after turned into bcwav). the listings by abc standards in each console's page tells what is & what isn't available.White letters means there are game sound file(s) while Black letters means there's no game sound files available in that listing.

Last edited by BLarghsalot!,
Reactions: Ryumaru

FlameSpeedster

That Guy Who Made 250+ 3DS Themes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I finished the rest of Madoka Magica recently. The TV series was pretty good but the movie had much to be desired... anyway here's a theme:
preview.png

Puella Magi Madoka Magica
BGM: ClariS - "Connect" [Orchestral + Vocals, movie version]

Download here.

Might as well share some assets as well:
folder_closed_edit_by_ryumaru.png folder_open_edit_by_ryumaru.png madoka_48x48.png

EDIT:
Here's another theme, an Oregairu one:
preview.png

Yukino Yukinoshita
BGM: Oregairu Zoku OST - Replica

Download here.

Last edited by FlameSpeedster,

BLarghsalot!

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i finished a theme! complete with Sfx,Bgm,Scrollng bottom screen & a Neat top screen!
preview.png
ths is 1 of several WW Boss themes i am making of course gohma had to be #1. each will feature a bgm of the map the boss is from. example: gohma's in ww is dragon roost isle.each theme will also have a color scheme based on the dungeon's element/colors of the boss.All SFX are also various sounds the bosses make but picked the best ones out of the bunch as there are a TON of WAV Sound files (0_0). this theme will be available after i create a 3dsthem.es account. (note: Top screen is static so it doesn't move.) there may also be slight character filler themes in between.

Reactions: Ryumaru

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Pokemon Blue, Red, Green and Yellow
The project must be finished off within a few hours until it leave you with the previous of finished already themes.
I put each theme with a different music.

Information on the themes
They have custom SFX
Images scrolling on both screens
Custom icons
Music games

HNI_0040.JPG
HNI_0041.JPG

HNI_0044.JPG
HNI_0043.JPG

In order to download any of these Themes, click here.

Folder files and border Editable mode link to download below.
Password to decompress: Ryumaru
Necessary program to perform the editing of files: Photoshop

Note: If you use or edit these files, please put the due credits.

Items available in the package below.

Folder Closed.png Folder Open.png Border-24px.png Border-48px.png Folder Closed.png Folder Open.png Border-24px.png Border-48px.png
Folder Closed.png Folder Open.png Border-24px.png Border-48px.png Folder Closed.png Folder Open.png Border-24px.png Border-48px.png

Attachments

• Pokemon Folder and Borders by Ryumaru.rar
    534.8 KB · Views: 106
Last edited by Ryumaru,
D

Deleted User

Is it just me or rather the O3DS console that the colours of Folder Back Arrow and the Arrow Button are way brighter on-screen than depicted in Usagi. I have some white-light blue gradients that are just pure white in reality.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?