AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Ah, I see. What I meant to ask is that if the other patches (in the patch folder) have been updated like the main one.

Edit: I tried patching only with the autoboot-theme-loading-bar and while everything looks fine, the wii shuts down just before loading the game.

which settings and paths did you use, post your code. any wron setting or setting combo can cause this

Kaibutsu01

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
himeidocode.net
XP
Country
Brazil
The iso path was correct, that I can confirm.
The settings were probably these:

NIN_CFG_USB |
//NIN_CFG_HID |
NIN_CFG_MEMCARDEMU |
NIN_CFG_MC_MULTI |
//NIN_CFG_CHEATS |
//NIN_CFG_FORCE_WIDE |
//NIN_CFG_FORCE_PROG |
//NIN_CFG_NATIVE_SI |
//NIN_CFG_WIIU_WIDE |
NIN_CFG_AUTO_BOOT;
ncfg->Language = NIN_LAN_AUTO;
ncfg->GameID = 0x474c4545; //GLEE
strcpy(ncfg->GamePath, "/Games/GLEE08 - Resident Evil 3 Nemesis/game.iso");
//strcpy(ncfg->CheatPath, "/Games/GLEE08 - Resident Evil 3 Nemesis/GLEE.gct");
ncfg->MaxPads = 4;
ncfg->MemCardBlocks = 0x3;//

I guessed 0x3; would be 507 blocks (same size as my real MC, that I use for backups)
The same settings worked for Twilight Princess and Mario Kart Arcade GP 2, but using the autoboot.patch instead of autoboot-theme-loading-bar.patch

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Hello friend, AbdallahTerro!! My name is Amex. First of all sorry for my bad English... I'm from Brazil and natovisit this forum a long time ago, however I never askedanything for not feel need it !!!

It's been a long time I was looking for on the net a tutorial how to make a channel or forwarder for agamecube game. But where was it was just to change the simple image of opening.bnr that exists within thegamecube isos using tools like-gctool12b orgcr_v1.0.exe. In much of the time, I thought that create channels like the wii for gc games was impossible ... :blink:

Well, I'm here mostly because I can't run the part where you say-"Just Install latest Devkit Pro and runBuild.bat in nintendont source folder
the custom dol can be found in/nintendont/boot.dolor/loader/loader.dol " in this amazing tutorial!!!
I need to mount the Dol with the patch that you provide, but as I never rode a Dol before, I'm reallylost!!!

Already downloaded DevkitPro and devkitPPC also and I am lost without knowing what to do! See folders andmore folders and small executaveis and don't knowwhich one should I use to mount the new dolnintendont!! I wonder if to make a customized dol I have to download all files from this page of google-here (http://code.google.com/p/nintendon-t/source/browse/trunk/loader/loader.dol?r=233&spec=svn233) and run the Build.bat is also fordownload???

I'm sorry I cannot understand with accuracy!!! If possible you post pictures of the procedure with theDevkit a link so I can see or do a short video, I would be very grateful! ;)

If I can't ride that Dol with the patches that vceprovides, I can never create a channel for gamecubegame!!! I'm desperate, :cry: I'm standing in this part of theDevkit that too is something simple to do!. I'm feelinga huge noob!!!

Since already thank you for your attention and I awaitclear answers as soon as possible!!!
1. If you already downloaded and installed devkitpro goto step 2 if not do so now
2. download and install tortoiseSVN and restart your computer
3. in a command prompt "you can run cmd" or open the icon type:
svn checkout http://nintendon-t.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ nintendon-t-read-only

this will download the nintendont latest source in this case 284 to the folder where cmd is open
if you want to download to a specific folder hold shift key and right click it and select "open command prompt here"
then type: svn checkout http://nintendon-t.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ nintendon-t-read-only

4. so now you have the original source and tortoiseSVN, all you need is download "just one patch" and apply it to the source.
5. open the patches folder link: https://www.copy.com/s/GVvR9DuWLfsElCLw/autoboot
6. In case you just need to use default background + verbose output during loading just download "autoboot-default.patch" file
If you want to use a black screen upon boot with no verbose download "autoboot-blackscreen.patch" or "autoboot-press-b.patch" the second one only displays "B: Cancel Autoboot" during booting while the first displays noting at all, also download the black background.png and copy it to "nintendon-t-read-only/loader/source/data/" folder replacing the existing one
If you want to use a theme with loading bar download "autoboot-theme-loading-bar.patch", and also download font.ttf and copy it to "nintendon-t-read-only/loader/source/data/" folder replacing the existing one. Also download any theme image you like "Theme (1).png to Theme (10).png", rename the downloaded image to "background.png" and copy it to ""nintendon-t-read-only/loader/source/data/" folder replacing the existing file.
7. Now you need to apply the downloaded patch,
Place the patch file in "nintendon-t-read-only" folder
Right click the patch file and in "Tortoise menu" select "apply patch"
This will open tortoise patching meny
on the left select patch all files
done!
8. open "nintendon-t-read-only/loader/source/main.c" in notepad or any text editor
9. goto line 233 and edit this code:
Code:
 if(argsboot == false)
    {
    //        if (LoadNinCFG() == false){
            memset(ncfg, 0, sizeof(NIN_CFG));
            ncfg->Magicbytes = 0x01070CF6;
            ncfg->Version = 0x00000003;
            ncfg->Config = ncfg->Config |
            //NIN_CFG_USB |
            //NIN_CFG_HID |
            //NIN_CFG_MEMCARDEMU |
            //NIN_CFG_MC_MULTI |       
            //NIN_CFG_CHEATS |
            //NIN_CFG_FORCE_WIDE |
            //NIN_CFG_FORCE_PROG |
            //NIN_CFG_NATIVE_SI |
            //NIN_CFG_WIIU_WIDE  |
            NIN_CFG_AUTO_BOOT;
            ncfg->GameID = 0x47414645;    //GAFE
            strcpy(ncfg->GamePath, "/Games/GAFE01 - Animal Crossing/game.iso");
            //strcpy(ncfg->CheatPath, "/Games/GAFE01 - Animal Crossing/GAFE.gct");
            ncfg->MaxPads = 4;
            ncfg->MemCardBlocks = 0x0;//50 blocks use 0x2; for 251 blocks
by just removing the "//" from the settings you need to use
for instance if your game is on usb remove "//" from "//NIN_CFG_USB |" line to make it "NIN_CFG_USB |"
if the game is on SD don't touch this line
if you want to use a HID usb controller then "NIN_CFG_HID |" etc.
for multi mc card you need both mcemu and mcmulti uncommented like this "NIN_CFG_MEMCARDEMU |" and "NIN_CFG_MC_MULTI |"
edit the mc emu size too if needed "ncfg->MemCardBlocks = 0x0;" will use 512kb file cange 0x0 to 0x1 or ox2 or 0x3 to use larger sizes
now find your game ID4 and convert it to hex then replace the bold hex in this line "ncfg->GameID = 0x47414645;"
finally copy your gameiso path to this line: strcpy(ncfg->GamePath, "/Games/GAFE01 - Animal Crossing/game.iso");
and if you want cheats use "NIN_CFG_CHEATS |" and "strcpy(ncfg->CheatPath, "/Games/GAFE01 - Animal Crossing/GAFE.gct");" after replacing the cheat file path ofc.

Done editing the source!
now run "nintendon-t-read-only/build.bat" and hope you didn't make any mistakes
if all went well you'll get loader.dol without warnings in "nintendon-t-read-only/loader" folder

Now that you have the autoboot dol you can use getmybannersv2 to finish the job as described in the OP

Hope this helps,
I'll update the OP to make things clear for everybody else too

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
The iso path was correct, that I can confirm.
The settings were probably these:

NIN_CFG_USB |
//NIN_CFG_HID |
NIN_CFG_MEMCARDEMU |
NIN_CFG_MC_MULTI |
//NIN_CFG_CHEATS |
//NIN_CFG_FORCE_WIDE |
//NIN_CFG_FORCE_PROG |
//NIN_CFG_NATIVE_SI |
//NIN_CFG_WIIU_WIDE |
NIN_CFG_AUTO_BOOT;
ncfg->GameID = 0x474c4545; //GLEE
strcpy(ncfg->GamePath, "/Games/GLEE08 - Resident Evil 3 Nemesis/game.iso");
//strcpy(ncfg->CheatPath, "/Games/GLEE08 - Resident Evil 3 Nemesis/GLEE.gct");
ncfg->MaxPads = 4;
ncfg->MemCardBlocks = 0x3;//

I guessed 0x3; would be 507 blocks (same size as my real MC, that I use for backups)
The same settings worked for Twilight Princess and Mario Kart Arcade GP 2, but using the autoboot.patch instead of autoboot-theme-loading-bar.patch

try adding "memset(ncfg, 0, sizeof(NIN_CFG));" before "ncfg->Magicbytes = 0x01070CF6;"
though I don't think this will make any difference
or just try to comment // NIN_CFG_MC_MULTI |
and use different MemCardBlocks like 0x2

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi abz, where is the line for select sd or usb path? This method works only with usb path?
In the beginning nin ask for sd or usb...

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country

Ughwire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used your updated patches, and it worked!

Well, only on the system menu. Weirdly, I still get the "Turn off AHBProt" or whatever the error was when loading the dol from HBC. Strange, no?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
all available video modes (use just one when needed):
ncfg->VideoMode = ncfg->VideoMode | NIN_VID_AUTO;
or
ncfg->VideoMode = ncfg->VideoMode | NIN_VID_NONE;
or
ncfg->VideoMode = ncfg->VideoMode | NIN_VID_FORCE | NIN_VID_FORCE_DF;
or
ncfg->VideoMode = ncfg->VideoMode | NIN_VID_FORCE | NIN_VID_FORCE_PAL50;
or
ncfg->VideoMode = ncfg->VideoMode | NIN_VID_FORCE | NIN_VID_FORCE_PAL60;
or
ncfg->VideoMode = ncfg->VideoMode | NIN_VID_FORCE | NIN_VID_FORCE_NTSC;
or
ncfg->VideoMode = ncfg->VideoMode | NIN_VID_FORCE | NIN_VID_FORCE_MPAL;
or
ncfg->VideoMode = ncfg->VideoMode | NIN_VID_FORCE | NIN_VID_FORCE_PAL50 | NIN_VID_FORCE_DF;
or
ncfg->VideoMode = ncfg->VideoMode | NIN_VID_FORCE | NIN_VID_FORCE_PAL60 | NIN_VID_FORCE_DF;
or
ncfg->VideoMode = ncfg->VideoMode | NIN_VID_FORCE | NIN_VID_FORCE_NTSC | NIN_VID_FORCE_DF;
or
ncfg->VideoMode = ncfg->VideoMode | NIN_VID_FORCE | NIN_VID_FORCE_MPAL | NIN_VID_FORCE_DF;

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country

Xemma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, I tested it on my other computer and also get the same error of the image I posted. I believe the problem is something silly, but I don't know what else to do...

Xemma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I solved this problem! :yaysp:
The problem was the Tortoise, who was applying patch the wrong way.
Applied by the command line (suggested by friend Kaibutsu01) and it worked!
Well, the boot.dol and loader.dol are the same thing???

Returning to business, now appeared another problem :wink: ! When I installed the channel I created for my gc game the appliance restarts. So, I have to call the vwii mode again!

I know it worked, because I created another channel of the game using the outputs usb (Hid). By the time I entered the canal carried the loading screen and then asked me to plug in the controls.
When plugged the message disappeared and I thought the game was going to start but the console restarted alone!

As you can see, in my case does not exist that error screen with various codes that I saw some report in the comments ... What's really happening is that charging the appliance restarts.

What I did wrong. When I thought everything was over, behold me pops up this auto power-off... Do you know how can I solve this, buddy AbdallahTerro???

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I solved this problem! :yaysp:
The problem was the Tortoise, who was applying patch the wrong way.
Applied by the command line (suggested by friend Kaibutsu01) and it worked!
Well, the boot.dol and loader.dol are the same thing???

Returning to business, now appeared another problem :wink: ! When I installed the channel I created for my gc game the appliance restarts. So, I have to call the vwii mode again!

I know it worked, because I created another channel of the game using the outputs usb (Hid). By the time I entered the canal carried the loading screen and then asked me to plug in the controls.
When plugged the message disappeared and I thought the game was going to start but the console restarted alone!

As you can see, in my case does not exist that error screen with various codes that I saw some report in the comments ... What's really happening is that charging the appliance restarts.

What I did wrong. When I thought everything was over, behold me pops up this auto power-off... Do you know how can I solve this, buddy AbdallahTerro???
you have a wrong setting somewhere!
post the code in main.c you used to make the channel and we'll see

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgLD1yhxNik