Hacking Custom MHXX 1.4 Palicos/Prowler don't work?

EmotionalSupportOnion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello everyone,

I'm new here. And nice to meet you. I require a little bit of help. I am trying to make custom Palicos/Prowlers for MHXX 1.4, based on people I really Love. I'm using MHXX Save Editor v0.09c, and I open up the Palico menu of my profile... and edit an existing Palico. I try to give them special skills which only certain DLC cats have. But when I try that in game, and equipping my Palico skills... all palico skills are automatically unequipped? I can go to Palico board in-game and equip the skills... but once I start a quest, and in-game, all them skills are unequipped? Can anyone shed a little bit of light what is going on here? Can I fix this somehow?

All assistance is highly appriciated. Wish you all a Happy New Year and may it bring you all only the best it can possibly offer. To you and all yours. Have a good one.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
When the game finds a Palico or Prowler with Support Moves or Skills (passive ones) that do not match their internal grouping, it marks it as a "cheated" cat and thus, removes it from everything once going to missions.

Every cat has internal groupings for their active abilities (Support Moves) and for their passive Skills. These groupings tell which combinations of A, B and C abilities/skills it has. For example they can have one A, one B and three Cs, or two B's and four Cs, or seven C's, for example.

DLC passive skills have their own grouping, and even if they're in one of those DLC groups, they can only have one DLC skill.

If you want to use DLC abilities, what you can do is have an edited cat with the DLC skill teach it to the cat you want to play with. Every cat cat learn two Support Moves and two Passive Skills from another cat, and use them freely.

If you were hellbent about using cats with DLC skills as their own natural ones, you would need to mod the game and change which abilities are part of the different groups, then the game would accept them during quests as their skillset matches the game's data, instead of conflicting as you're having now.

Edit: Have in mind though, that playing online with mods might alter the experience, I have absolutely no idea what would happen if you play with the ability groups modded online, if it would only affect you, or if it would affect other players too...

EmotionalSupportOnion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
When the game finds a Palico or Prowler with Support Moves or Skills (passive ones) that do not match their internal grouping, it marks it as a "cheated" cat and thus, removes it from everything once going to missions.

Every cat has internal groupings for their active abilities (Support Moves) and for their passive Skills. These groupings tell which combinations of A, B and C abilities/skills it has. For example they can have one A, one B and three Cs, or two B's and four Cs, or seven C's, for example.

DLC passive skills have their own grouping, and even if they're in one of those DLC groups, they can only have one DLC skill.

If you want to use DLC abilities, what you can do is have an edited cat with the DLC skill teach it to the cat you want to play with. Every cat cat learn two Support Moves and two Passive Skills from another cat, and use them freely.

If you were hellbent about using cats with DLC skills as their own natural ones, you would need to mod the game and change which abilities are part of the different groups, then the game would accept them during quests as their skillset matches the game's data, instead of conflicting as you're having now.

Edit: Have in mind though, that playing online with mods might alter the experience, I have absolutely no idea what would happen if you play with the ability groups modded online, if it would only affect you, or if it would affect other players too...

Ohhh okay. So in other words, I can't put a DLC skill in to another cat, or it'll be marked as cheated. Okay.
I was hoping to make some cats with special skills like that for my friends. But allright.

OK, so I can then just use a palico I created, with the DLC skills, and teach it to another cat, and that cat will be able to use it? That sounds pretty OK to me. And managable.

Also, Is there a list about palico bias and their skill gorupings somewhere? So I know for sure what I can implement?

Thank you so much for your information and reply. I appriciate it.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
There should be several places, but I have used this picture here as it has all that stuff in a compact format:

https://lparchive.org/Monster-Hunter-Generations-Ultimate/Update 26/2-1QbUH6Z.jpg

Yes, you can have 2 DLC passive skills for each cat through the teaching mechanic.

Putting an A skill on a B or C slot, for example, can also be seen as a cheat, so be careful there too.

Edit:

Also, you should consider looking for the version v0.12.01 of the editor, is newer than the one you have and it's easier to work with. There's another version out there that suppossedly works with both switch and 3ds, but causes issues, so don't use that one.

Last edited by Maeson,

EmotionalSupportOnion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
There should be several places, but I have used this picture here as it has all that stuff in a compact format:

Yes, you can have 2 DLC passive skills for each cat through the teaching mechanic.

Putting an A skill on a B or C slot, for example, can also be seen as a cheat, so be careful there too.

Edit:

Also, you should consider looking for the version v0.12.01 of the editor, is newer than the one you have and it's easier to work with. There's another version out there that suppossedly works with both switch and 3ds, but causes issues, so don't use that one.

Thanks. I have downloaded the sheet and have followed it. I tried v0.12.01 version of the editor, and it refuses to open up my Charisma cat. The program throws an exception.

In the old version of MHXX Save Editor, it can be opened however.

The problem I am having with my Charisma cat, is that all equipped moves (not skills), get unequipped. Even tho I followed the chart.

The Move/Action RNG is:
BBBCCC

And the moves I have are following:
Palico Rally
Mini Barrel Bombay
Herb Horn
Acorn Sacrifice
Go, Fight, Win
SP Horn
Dung Bombay
Soothing Roll
Big Boomerang.

Judging from the chart it should be working. But it doesn't. Am I missing something out?

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Have you tried with a newly hired cat?

Maybe something you tried when editing on the older version of the editor causes it to throw that error, or is missing one move. But most probably it is the editor, that is missing the group for that charisma cat (as they have different groups because Charisma cats always get an extra C skill) and throws the error when can't identify it, I've found that before, long ago on an old save. The older version is a bit wonky too on that, as it will show the group as blank. I have never messed with that, sorry.

About still not working when going to a quest, are you sure the passives are also correct? It might need to have both moves and passives in order. The moves seem correct to me, though.

Edit: Maybe your cat does a strange group after the editing and the game is catching that as cheating? I say try with other cat first.

Last edited by Maeson,

EmotionalSupportOnion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Have you tried with a newly hired cat?

Maybe something you tried when editing on the older version of the editor causes it to throw that error, or is missing one move. But most probably it is the editor, that is missing the group for that charisma cat (as they have different groups because Charisma cats always get an extra C skill) and throws the error when can't identify it, I've found that before, long ago on an old save. The older version is a bit wonky too on that, as it will show the group as blank. I have never messed with that, sorry.

About still not working when going to a quest, are you sure the passives are also correct? It might need to have both moves and passives in order. The moves seem correct to me, though.

Edit: Maybe your cat does a strange group after the editing and the game is catching that as cheating? I say try with other cat first.
Sorry for the late reply, I've been very busy. Thank you for your help. I did what you recommended. I had to delete the cat completely, and make a new one. Then it worked. I have no clue why that happened. Tbh, I'm kind of worried now switching the Support/Move RNG and move/skills on my other cats I wanted to change. Seems to me the best way is to actually be able to recognize the RNG in-game and then hire the cat you need. Later you can fix the moves/skills with the training books.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It may take some time to find a cat you like and has the class, move group and skill group you want/need (I know, Prowler has been my main playstyle for all of this game, most fun I've ever had on MH) but I suppose that yes, it's better to not mess much with your save file. Always have backupd too.

Tips I can give you is, if you can, do quick quests for Village 1 star to cycle new cats. Early on I did the ones that ask for 3 amber items or 3 moths, but later on you can buy Kelbi horns, so doing the quest to deliver 3 takes lesd than 6 seconds to complete.

Check all four villages as each one had a lady and a different list of recruitable cats.

I tend to prefer the BBCCCC group for both moves and passives but there's so much variety in how you can shape up cats thay most groups can be useful.

And yes, the books come in super handy,I remember getting to high rank and start trying to mass a few dozens, lol.

Good luck!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto