ROM Hack custom-install - Install CIAs to a Nintendo 3DS SD card entirely on PC

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Because you can use MK7 to install CFW. This could be a method to install it and install CFW from it
Do you think you're the only person in the world with this problem? There are very smart people working these matters and if this was a method to install CFW, then it would be documented and people would be using it already.

Marax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do you think you're the only person in the world with this problem? There are very smart people working these matters and if this was a method to install CFW, then it would be documented and people would be using it already.
I don’t have this problem I just wanted to find new methods boii

YarikMalik

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello guys!! I have a big problem with custom-install-finalize. While trying to install the game (Fire emblem awakening), something inexplicable happened to me, namely the game does not appear on the desktop of my 3ds, and on top of that, a folder called ci-install-temp-000400000009f100-852d72c7 appears in the root of the SD card. This, as I understand it, is the broken rom of this game, which cannot be removed!! it constantly appears in the root of the folder after restarting the console. I also started getting errors when I tried to delete the custom-install-finalize.3dsx file. To be honest, I don’t know what to do anymore, I couldn’t find forums in my native language, I really hope that someone will find this message and help me!! Please forgive me, I am writing with a translator.
Post automatically merged:

Hey Gays!!! I have a big problem with custom-install-finalize. While trying to install the game (Fire emblem awakening), something inexplicable happened to me, namely the game does not appear on the desktop of my 3ds, and on top of that, a folder called ci-install-temp-000400000009f100-852d72c7 appears in the root of the SD card. This, as I understand it, is the broken rom of this game, which cannot be removed!! it constantly appears in the root of the folder after restarting the console. I also started getting errors when I tried to delete the custom-install-finalize.3dsx file. To be honest, I don’t know what to do anymore, I couldn’t find forums in my native language, I really hope that someone will find this message and help me!! Please forgive me, I am writing with a translator.

Also, my saves in games began to break and it is possible that these events are connected. With great respect and thanks in advance!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
Last edited by YarikMalik,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Gays!!! I have a big problem with custom-install-finalize. While trying to install the game (Fire emblem awakening), something inexplicable happened to me, namely the game does not appear on the desktop of my 3ds, and on top of that, a folder called ci-install-temp-000400000009f100-852d72c7 appears in the root of the SD card. This, as I understand it, is the broken rom of this game, which cannot be removed!! it constantly appears in the root of the folder after restarting the console. I also started getting errors when I tried to delete the custom-install-finalize.3dsx file. To be honest, I don’t know what to do anymore, I couldn’t find forums in my native language, I really hope that someone will find this message and help me!! Please forgive me, I am writing with a translator.

Also, my saves in games began to break and it is possible that these events are connected. With great respect and thanks in advance!
Yes, your SD card is failing. This happens all too frequently. It has nothing really to do with custom-install; the timing is coincidental (though cards do seem to be more likely to fail after being physically handled).

Connect the SD card to your PC, copy everything off the SD card with Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier, format the card, test the empty card with h2testw, and copy everything back if the test is okay.

But most likely, you won't be able to format the card at all. You can just get a new card, format it as FAT32, test it with h2testw (just to be safe), and copy the files before you put it in your 3DS again.

AdmiralBloo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys!! I have a big problem with custom-install-finalize. While trying to install the game (Fire emblem awakening), something inexplicable happened to me, namely the game does not appear on the desktop of my 3ds, and on top of that, a folder called ci-install-temp-000400000009f100-852d72c7 appears in the root of the SD card. This, as I understand it, is the broken rom of this game, which cannot be removed!! it constantly appears in the root of the folder after restarting the console. I also started getting errors when I tried to delete the custom-install-finalize.3dsx file. To be honest, I don’t know what to do anymore, I couldn’t find forums in my native language, I really hope that someone will find this message and help me!! Please forgive me, I am writing with a translator.

Sounds like the sd card is the issue, can try it with a different and see. I had the same issues before, I dont hack anymore but it was a bad sd card for me. God bless in Jesus name.

YarikMalik2

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello guys! I bought myself a new 64GB SD card, copied files from it to my PC using roadkill’s, and then to a new SD card, having previously formatted it in FAT32 format. When I launch, I see all my games in a gift wrapper, and I also see the old problem with the sd root file ci-install-temp-000400000009f100-852d72c7.

Your fears were confirmed, I cannot format the old card and delete data from it, but transferring the contents of the card to a new sd, absolutely the same thing happens!! I think that the problem is in the files, and it is possible that I will have to say goodbye to them :(. I still hope for your help!! I don’t know what to do anymore!

Hello guys! I bought myself a new 64GB SD card, copied files from it to my PC using roadkill’s, and then to a new SD card, having previously formatted it in FAT32 format. When I launch, I see all my games in a gift wrapper, and I also see the old problem with the sd root file ci-install-temp-000400000009f100-852d72c7.

Your fears were confirmed, I cannot format the old card and delete data from it, but transferring the contents of the card to a new sd, absolutely the same thing happens!! I think that the problem is in the files, and it is possible that I will have to say goodbye to them :(. I still hope for your help!! I don’t know what to do anymore!
Upd: I was able to delete that file on the new SD card, thanks again everyone!!!

Last edited by YarikMalik2,
Reactions: splaca

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0