ROM Hack custom-install - Install CIAs to a Nintendo 3DS SD card entirely on PC

Doux91

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
The new update works for me fine now. Everything installed nicely, thank you so much. Do you know how a 2ds can play new 2ds games? I download XC but it doesn't work with the old 2ds system.
You cannot, even if you can run the game, it will run slowly

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cannot, even if you can run the game, it will run slowly
It won't even run and will show this error
6b08dc96b9ea9c9e4c1dbee3b1b93fb9.jpg

toupee09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This seems like fabulous software, and I got it to run with no errors. But nothing seemed to actually happen when I plugged my SD card back in and booted up. Hmm!

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This seems like fabulous software, and I got it to run with no errors. But nothing seemed to actually happen when I plugged my SD card back in and booted up. Hmm!
There is the custom install process ya do over the pc. But there is also a finalizing step with the finalizing.3dsx that you run to have your games show up and play for you.

hurfty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Just tried to use it, either getting errno 13 permission denied or errno 22 invalid argument as soon as it tries to start installing. What am I doing wrong?

fernan1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone trying to use this on a Mac via Terminal command-line, you need to install macFUSE (i.e. osxfuse). IMO this should be added to the Usage notes (or this dependency should be removed in a future release).

ihaveahax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone trying to use this on a Mac via Terminal command-line, you need to install macFUSE (i.e. osxfuse). IMO this should be added to the Usage notes (or this dependency should be removed in a future release).
The save3ds_fuse build included in the repo should have been built with FUSE support removed, because it's not a dependency of this project. At the very least "otool -L" doesn't show a dependency on libosxfuse (a normal build does).

Marax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wouldnt it be possible to inject a Legit Cia like MK7 (dumped from your own device!) into a unmodded device with this. Is the boot9.bin device specific? And the movable.sed could be obtained with seedminer.

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Wouldnt it be possible to inject a Legit Cia like MK7 (dumped from your own device!) into a unmodded device with this. Is the boot9.bin device specific? And the movable.sed could be obtained with seedminer.
movable.sed is specific for each console...

ihaveahax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You still need to be able to install the ticket for it, or already have it from the eShop. If you have this ability you can also directly install custom firmware.

Reactions: Marax

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/T0X6JND.jpg