Hacking Custom GC Channel/Banner Collection for System Menu/Backup Loaders

What are you using currently?

• Total voters

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, like I said, I decided for version C that you have as first download choice.
I'm very happy with it.
Thanks!

By the way, is there still now seamless way to launch MK Arcade GP from USB GX through quadforce running on uneek?
As I understand from your tutorial, you first have to open the uneek app and launch from there.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Nah, like I said, I decided for version C that you have as first download choice.
I'm very happy with it.
Thanks!

By the way, is there still now seamless way to launch MK Arcade GP from USB GX through quadforce running on uneek?
As I understand from your tutorial, you first have to open the uneek app and launch from there.
Things are changing in latest neek revisions "v90+" as I was told you can have a quadforce.bin file in sneek folder and launch with "di" interface but I never tried it so far.
for my tutorial, I didn't test it with latest neek2o as well. I'll do new tests soon and update the info :)

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Things are changing in latest neek revisions "v90+" as I was told you can have a quadforce.bin file in sneek folder and launch with "di" interface but I never tried it so far.
for my tutorial, I didn't test it with latest neek2o as well. I'll do new tests soon and update the info :)
You never cease to amaze me with your tricks.
We'll see what you find.

Reactions: 1 person

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I just realized I will have other issues with quadforce because my SD card is formatted to 64kB cluster size. I did it this way because it sped up DML games significant when we only had the DiscEx format. Now that I've migrated to the GCReEx format, I don't know if the cluster size will be relevant to game access speed. I'll have to do some tests...

Would the setup in your tutorial work on USB rather than SD?

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quadforce only works from SD! afaik
You're right. I re-read crediar's release notes and he said USB support was one of several future features that we won't get to have because of the leakage.
I'm not sure if those features would have come to fruition but it does confirm the current release only supports SD.
I'll probably end up adding GP2 to my arcade cab using Dolphin but it would be cool to run it from the Wii.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, you're right. I could have these games running from a separate SD card, if I decide that I really need the 64K cluster size. It's easy enough to swap cards for the occasional GP play and 2GB cards are very cheap anyway.

About the sneek2o update, I look forward to an eventual release to see what can be done.

Thanks.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Actually, you're right. I could have these games running from a separate SD card, if I decide that I really need the 64K cluster size. It's easy enough to swap cards for the occasional GP play and 2GB cards are very cheap anyway.

About the sneek2o update, I look forward to an eventual release to see what can be done.

Thanks.
Ok as I promised, here's a second way to play quadforce using sneek2o rev88:

1. Prepare your nand using modmii, use the following "Sneek with or without DI" rev 88
2. have latest Postloader 4.0.x (I tested using 4.0.6 and 4.0.8) in sd apps folder
3. Mario Kart GP games in "Games" folder on SD only (no need for USB here but you can have it on USB too)
4. install Postloader v5 channel on your nand
5. no need for priiloader
6. copy 0000008.app file to "nands\pl_eu\title\00000001\00000100\content" folder replace original file (BC v6 has to be installed first if folder is absent)
7. launch the nand > PL4 via channel > GameCube mode (press UP once or twice) in settings use DML v1.x
8. launch GP game (Sample game name)
Voila!

Edit: the beauty of this method is that it will work with future rev of neek2o
Only drawback is that there's no icon/banners and that the game name is weird
both Wiiflow and USBL-GX refuse to load from sneek2o so PL is the only option here (beside DM-Booter trick I posted earlier)
You can further make the PL channel autoboot and save settings on SD so that when you use this nand you're only 1 click away from your GP game.

Have a nice day
Abz
:)

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like this can be a 2-step deal:
1. launch neek2o from USB GX or other loader
2. load PL with autoboot to load game

Heck, if neek2o had some autoboot feature itself, it would be a 1-step deal...

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PL4 autoboots Homebrew and Wiiware, we can ask @stfour or @daxtsu to add autoboot for GC mode.
Sure there are more ways to launch neek2o but the one I stated will not require any extra usb loader
I guess I was thinking from my standpoint, where I boot the Wii directly into USB Loader GX through a modified bootppc.elf and I hardly ever go into the real SM. I could launch need2o from there, I suppose.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
If you want your neek nand to autoboot Postloader then open PL from neek and in advanced options "install neekbooter in priiloader" ofc you need to have priiloader already present on neek.
Another way that works when priiloader is not present is to use the di menu option on page 3 (press 1 then + twice) from neek SM and select PL channel to autoboot.
See, 1 step for you now

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
6. copy 0000008.app file to "nands\pl_eu\title\00000001\00000100\content" folder replace original file (BC v6 has to be installed first if folder is absent)
Or copy the .app file to the sneek folder and rename it to quadforce.bin (Neek2o looks for both methods)

Note 1: works also for DIOSMIOS, copy the .app file to the sneek folder and rename to diosmios.bin (i favor this method because you can have both at the same time in neek20).

Note 2: DIOSMIOS does not seem to work for everybody in the neek environment, but thatsnot a Neek2o problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice