Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kayouu said:
Has anyone tried scanning the original cards yet? If it just recognizes the picture than the picture could be anywhere. I'm USA so still 26 days to go till mine. Think about future updates look at your new Nintendo Power mag and stuff pops up in 3d when viewed threw the 3ds cam.
No particular need to scan the cards, a PDF with the images of all the cards is available from the Nintendo site:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/support/index.html#manual (bottom Left button that says AR????)
They can be resized and printed just fine

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Kayouu said:
Has anyone tried scanning the original cards yet? If it just recognizes the picture than the picture could be anywhere. I'm USA so still 26 days to go till mine. Think about future updates look at your new Nintendo Power mag and stuff pops up in 3d when viewed threw the 3ds cam.
No particular need to scan the cards, a PDF with the images of all the cards is available from the Nintendo site:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/support/index.html#manual (bottom Left button that says AR????)
They can be resized and printed just fine
Oh nice find. That answers some questions.

Z

Zorua

Instead of criticizing the poor guy, why doesn't someone actually try the AR cards out? You never know, they might work.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Zorua said:
Instead of criticizing the poor guy, why doesn't someone actually try the AR cards out? You never know, they might work.

No. They won't work. Technology doesn't work with imagination.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Ikki said:
Zorua said:

No. They might work. Technology doesn't work with imagination. It works with codes embedded in the card.
It won't show Ben10, but it might show Mario.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay

blubbermarble

OP
Trophies
Website
adf.ly
XP
Country
Malaysia
Ikki said:
Zorua said:
Ikki said:
Zorua said:

http://www.ge.com/

Imagination is the fuel of ideas, not of technology.

If you think they won't work? Why you can't just print these custom AR cards, and play in AR Games app? Then, take a photo of your 3DS with the custom AR card?

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
blubbermarble said:
If you think they won't work? Why you can't just print these custom AR cards, and play in AR Games app? Then, take a photo of your 3DS with the custom AR card?

Because the system is not programmed to recognize said cards.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blubbermarble said:
Ikki said:
Zorua said:
Ikki said:
Zorua said:

http://www.ge.com/

Imagination is the fuel of ideas, not of technology.

Think of the AR card as basically an icon on your desktop to an app. When you take a picture of it, it looks to see which app the card is associated with and launches that application. You can create your own icons, but without the application in the system, the icon can't do anything.

I can see some interesting applications with this. Though I hope we dont' see a Zelda game with an AR app that requires you to see Tingle in 3D to get directions or something.

shadowsfm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and 3 weeks from now we find out his cards were were programmed in this whole time and we all feel like idiots.

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
there need to be three things in order for custom cards to work

1. A card that is associated with a certain model, and contains a unique identifier.
2. A 3D model contained somewhere on the system / game cartridge
3. A software that identifies the card and renders the appropriate 3d model on top of it

so i can see this working out, as long as you somehow meet all three criteria.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-