Cube World now in open alpha!

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
Gameplay is solid, generation is excellent outside of some mob placement mess ups and style is well executed. Solid for an alpha release but really lacking in content. Definitely wouldn't recommend anyone to buy it unless they are prepared to wait it out and have a group of friends to play it with.

Anyone even comparing it minecraft needs to take a reality check. Amok for the saturn was using voxel terrain before minecraft was so much as a twinkle in notch's eye and the crafting and action rpg elements are hardly original to minecraft (in fact with how shit minecraft's AI and combat is those elements are barely in it at all). Hell comparing this game's visuals to minecraft is frankly insulting, this is far closer to 3D Dot Heroes visually than the bland mess that minecraft is.

Reactions: chartube12

Blindfoldedchaos

Space Captain
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
and now a picture
UUGLV4V.jpg

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember when I first saw this game, I felt like an ass because my mind instantly jumped to it being another Minecraft clone. I've been playing it since yesterday and it's nothing like Minecraft, just a cubed style. *facepalm* What ever, I know it's not now (obviously) and love it. LOVE the dodging, and the free feeling movement! If anyone is considering buying, you should do it. It's amazing at it's current point and is only in Alpha with more to come.

lismati

Speedrunner in practice
Trophies
Website
www.wiiplanet.info
XP
Country
Poland
I never understood why anyone would pay to play a game that's in the alpha stage.

You haven't tried Kerbal Space Program, have you? It's technically an alpha, but it so advanced and well made, that you would not tell it's still being developed. Also, buying the game in-development will help the devs keep the coding going, and give them massive amount of community feedback.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Meh these games are not my cup of tea, sure people may go and do what they like but please don't rub it in my face every day!(Pointed at Thomas my little brother who does nothing else then watching Minecraft vids on Youtube... >_< )

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Meh these games are not my cup of tea, sure people may go and do what they like but please don't rub it in my face every day!(Pointed at Thomas my little brother who does nothing else then watching Minecraft vids on Youtube... >_< )
Step 1 - See a thread about something you don't like.
Step 2 - Don't click it.
Step 3 - Holy shit, problem solved. I'm a fucking miracle worker, I know.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Your Kpop isn't most of our kind of music yet that doesn't stop you from posting a thread about that every other day.

Reactions: lismati

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Step 1 - See a thread about something you don't like.
Step 2 - Don't click it.
Step 3 - Holy shit, problem solved. I'm a fucking miracle worker, I know.

I actually was interested! Until I saw what it exactly was. >_< So the problems start at step one, step two is impossible since I am dutch(curious as the heck)

And Sicklyboy, the thread SAYS kpop, I had no freaking idea what Cube World was until now. I was just curious.

Also why bash me so much..? I know minecraft is one heck of an internet hype but I can dislike it right? Like you all dislike kpop.

Ryufushichou

I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

But this game is nothing like minecraft, Minecraft is voxel based yes, but this game is absolutely nothing like minecraft. This game is much closer to an action RPG set in a large world, minecraft is more creation kit than anything else, sure its got survival but even then I still just built giant wooden dicks when I played it. Yes I'm immature, don't judge me.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Randomly generated worlds? Meh. I like my game worlds to be lovingly crafted by talented and imaginative game designers.
I actually like both. Well planed worlds can have a beauty that blends good design and function.
But random generated worlds can add the beauty of the unexpected ..a variation that doesn't seems to have come from a closed script ...this is nearer to the kind of thing that nature would do to surprise you. What fits a game of exploration.

If well programed, both can be cool ...I wouldn't dare to say which is the best myself :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1