Homebrew Ctrbootmanager with gateway 3ds?

cvskid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to get everything set up with homemenuhax 2.0 autoboot and ctrbootmanager with help that i got from a different thread. Then i set up gateway 3ds to autoboot using GW.3dsx but after it gets to the gateway logo, it freezes on a black screen before loading emunand. I was wondering if anyone might have any idea on why it freezes before going into emunand. Everything else i tried boots up with no freezing but the GW.3dsx.

Last edited by cvskid,

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then why are you trying to boot your emunand through the gateway tool instead of a CFW?

cvskid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then why are you trying to boot your emunand through the gateway tool instead of a CFW?
With the new gw.3dsx i figured homemenuhax/ctrbootmanager could autoboot gateway that way. I mainly use gateway 3ds over cfw in my case, already have everything setup with gateway using .3ds files.

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the new gw.3dsx i figured homemenuhax/ctrbootmanager could autoboot gateway that way. I mainly use gateway 3ds over cfw in my case, already have everything setup with gateway using .3ds files.
Ah I see your reasoning.
Do CFW not support gateway card booting? I'm unclear as I don't own one.

Well if that's the only way to get into your card, then I wouldn't blame you for wanting a more convenient method than the browser exploit

Reactions: cvskid

neoxephon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're using CtrBootManager, just open boot.cfg in your SD card root and under entries, add:

Code:
{
            title  = "Gateway 3DS";
            path = "/3ds/GW/GW.3dsx";
},

Above the other boot entries.

Save the file and it should work, it works for me.

Reactions: cvskid

cvskid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're using CtrBootManager, just open boot.cfg in your SD card root and under entries, add:

Code:
{
            title  = "Gateway 3DS";
            path = "/3ds/GW/GW.3dsx";
},

Above the other boot entries.

Save the file and it should work, it works for me.
Are your NANDS linked by any chance? Say i have a custom theme in emunand, Will that affect the booting process from starting the 3ds up with ctrbootmanager going into gateway?

Last edited by cvskid,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER