Homebrew CtrBootManager: 3ds boot manager/loader (HomeMenuHax)

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
How does the freeze looks like?
black screen. it does turn on rxtool. but after the data initalisation suite i receive a black screen.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

black screen. it does turn on rxtool. but after the data initalisation suite i receive a black screen.
using rxtools 3.0

Zephir1991

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Complete blackscreen? Both screens? If yes, i´ve got the same problem yesterday. I´ve Installed everything again. My tough is, that the db files got somehow corrupted. After setting every up again rxtools booted straight into the Emunand.

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
Complete blackscreen? Both screens? If yes, i´ve got the same problem yesterday. I´ve Installed everything again. My tough is, that the db files got somehow corrupted. After setting every up again rxtools booted straight into the Emunand.
oh. i need to go into data management in eunand? (i noticed now that even the normal rxtool nijhax don't work)

oh. i need to go into data management in eunand? (i noticed now that even the normal rxtool nijhax don't work)
data mangement seems fine. (in emunand)

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
Don´t you mean Sysnand? If Emunand works fine, why bother with RXTools?
because emunand works fine only online. (ok i found that sysnand title.db was corrupted)

because emunand works fine only online. (ok i found that sysnand title.db was corrupted)
still doesn't work :(

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi. I have a problem. I have a 3ds 9.2.0-20U and when i launch RxTools with ctrbootmanager i have this error rxtools installation failed press any key to continue. Please help me. Thanks

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got CTRBootManager to load, but it tells me that boot.cfg doesn't exist, even when I have it on my SD Card. Any reason why?

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure where to ask this, but here's where I'm at....
  • Downgraded my 2DS to 9.2.0-20U successfully
  • Dumped NAND with Gateway ULTRA 3.6.2
  • Set up dbs
  • Used ninjhax (latest version) to get to miniPasta, then installed FBI CIA to sysnand
  • Dumped SD card
  • Formatted emunand
  • Copied SD card dump back except for NAND dump
  • Downloaded rxTools 2.5.2, generated firmware with the python script, and used http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/go/?rxTools.dat to access emunand
  • Updated emunand
  • Unlinked sysnand
  • Re-setup dbs on sysnand
  • Installed menuhax on sysnand and set up ability to boot to CtrBootManager automatically
I can now get as far as CtrBootManager, but I am unsure of how to boot to rxTools 2.5.2 from there. The default boot.cfg points to /rxTools/sys/code.bin, offset 0x12000, but I do not have that file (I assume it's a future version of rxTools). I attempted to access /rxTools.dat both without an offset and with an offset of 0x12000, but both take me to two black screens and hang there indefinitely.

I am still able to get to sysnand and homebrew menu, and using the link above to get me into rxTools still works. However, I would like to be able to get in without an internet connection so I can delete all internet connections from my sysnand to prevent accidental updates.

This is the last step before I'm all good to go, it seems. What am I missing? And furthermore, if the issue is that the version of rxTools I'm using does not support launching from CtrBootManager, am I somehow able to update rxTools and keep my existing emunand?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update to the 5 December build of rxtools. Your emunand is fine, but you need to delete your rxtools folder and rxtools.dat first, and use the python script that comes with the nightly. For the link, go to roxas75/rxtools on github and read (it's a lavanoid link, or something like that).

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Update to the 5 December build of rxtools. Your emunand is fine, but you need to delete your rxtools folder and rxtools.dat first, and use the python script that comes with the nightly. For the link, go to roxas75/rxtools on github and read (it's a lavanoid link, or something like that).
I appreciate the reply. Unfortunately the reason I had to go with 2.5.2 is because the dropbox links from lavanoid all go to a suspended account due to excessive traffic.

EDIT: Got it! Used the version of rxTools available here and all is well.

Last edited by Skyline969,

neofranky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So I have rxTools 2.6 on an unlinked EmuNAND and Homemenuhax 2.1 on the SysNAND. How do I get the CtrBootManager to load the rxTools? Do I just change the path in boot.cfg so that it targets the rxTools.dat file instead?

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have rxTools 2.6 on an unlinked EmuNAND and Homemenuhax 2.1 on the SysNAND. How do I get the CtrBootManager to load the rxTools? Do I just change the path in boot.cfg so that it targets the rxTools.dat file instead?
boot_config :
{
timeout = 5;
autobootfix = 8;
recovery = 2;
default = 0;
entries = (
{
title = "rxTools";
path = "/rxTools/sys/code.bin";
offset = "0x12000";
},
{
title = "CakeCFW";
path = "/Cakes.dat";
offset = "0x12000";
},
{
title = "HomeBrewMenu";
path = "/boot_hb.3dsx";
} );
};
Is my setup

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you're using the latest manager, there is a "more" option where you can point it to any file. If you've tried once already and it works, you can do the same thing, only pressing a different button to add it to the main menu. I was actually unaware you could point it to a .dat file. I always thought you had to point it to the .3dsx file. Learn something new every day, I guess!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Lol