Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Please bring TimeSplitters back. I heard TS2 was good, but I only played TS:Future Perfect and it's been one of my all-time favorite FPS's.

"You're goin' down!" -Robofish

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say TS2 perfected the series mechanics, just like sequels used to. TS3 was the same, but evolved--but it didn't lose its touch. It's guns were fricken' awesome.

TS1 - Concept
TS2 - Perfecting
TS3 - Shiny

I never had a chance to play the first, but from the sounds of it, essentially the map maker style of objectives and gameplay was what the entire single-player mode was like--grab, move point A to point B, finish in time, don't die, limited resources. But like I said, I never played it, and only saw a few youtube videos
frown.gif

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I love TimeSplitters 2. Future Perfect was good as well but I've spent much more time with TS2. I never played the first one. I've been waiting for a TS4 for years, if they actually make it I'll be so happy.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
shadow1w2 said:
They should make Timesplitters 4 and a Timesplitters trilogy, with online play and extra content.
That would be great.
I second this.

I mean, TS is a perfect example of how a classic FPS should be. No perks, no killstreaks, no advantages to players (besides the different characters). Just pure, aim-shoot-kill-ormissanddie action.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never really played Timesplitters, my multiplayer FPS for that generation was 007 Nightfire (also a fine game, fantastic multiplayer). Still, it is the true spiritual successor to Perfect Dark so I really should try it. Hopefully they'll re-release the first three and do the additions mentioned so I can give it a try.

...If I ever get a PS3. Not sure if any/all of them came out on the original Xbox.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Never really played Timesplitters, my multiplayer FPS for that generation was 007 Nightfire (also a fine game, fantastic multiplayer). Still, it is the true spiritual successor to Perfect Dark so I really should try it. Hopefully they'll re-release the first three and do the additions mentioned so I can give it a try.

...If I ever get a PS3. Not sure if any/all of them came out on the original Xbox.
TS2 and Future Perfect have Xbox versions. Although I'm pretty sure neither of them work on the 360.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fudgenuts64 said:
Guild McCommunist said:

TS2 and Future Perfect have Xbox versions. Although I'm pretty sure neither of them work on the 360.

I can confirm this. I've got hold of a copy of TimeSplitters 2 for awhile and tried it, doesn't work at all on the 360.
Shame on microsoft for not supporting one of the best games on the machine ever.

But eh, wont matter if we get a Trilogy Pack. :3
No doubt a triple pack game would make a ton of sales.
I know alot of people never even tried the first one, myself included.

Won't be much good if each separate game is downloadable.
We need a good pack with history bits, sound track player, and a three in one multiplayer system that ties it together.
Plus each game's offline multiplayer modes intact for nostolgia alone. (graphics need not be upgraded they look pretty good today. TS4 can be mind numbing for the rest of em.)

Almost makes me wanna make a pointless online petition heh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA-vTRfE_x0