Hacking Cryptofix Still Required on 10.3+ N3DS EmuNAND?

Ichii Giki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was under the impression that we no longer would need to get crypto-fixed versions of games/updates now that GW/ReiNAND support 10.3+ EmuNAND. However, I created a Pokemon Picross CIA and installed it on my 10.4 GW EmuNAND on my N3DS and it just hangs at the 3DS logo with red bars on launch.

I created this CIA from the ticket.db of my O3DS with FunkyCIA2 as normal, so I was surprised to find it not to be able to launch even with my N3DS EmuNAND on 10.4. Other CIAs, such as the game update for Mario Puzzle & Dragons, I made with the same process from the ticket.db of my O3DS installed and appear to launch fine on my N3DS (granted this title was published before 9.6+ FW was released, which leads me to believe this is a cryptofix-related issue). Is there something different about free-to-play titles like Pokemon Picross that I am missing? Any insight into this issue is appreciated. ^_^

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So I was under the impression that we no longer would need to get crypto-fixed versions of games/updates now that GW/ReiNAND support 10.3+ EmuNAND. However, I created a Pokemon Picross CIA and installed it on my 10.4 GW EmuNAND on my N3DS and it just hangs at the 3DS logo with red bars on launch.

I created this CIA from the ticket.db of my O3DS with FunkyCIA2 as normal, so I was surprised to find it not to be able to launch even with my N3DS EmuNAND on 10.4. Other CIAs, such as the game update for Mario Puzzle & Dragons, I made with the same process from the ticket.db of my O3DS installed and appear to launch fine on my N3DS (granted this title was published before 9.6+ FW was released, which leads me to believe this is a cryptofix-related issue). Is there something different about free-to-play titles like Pokemon Picross that I am missing? Any insight into this issue is appreciated. ^_^
I don't think you get the required seed key when you install a CIA, only when you download a game/update directly from the eShop, which was where it was the most problematic, as it's a simple enough matter to cryptofix a game when you dump it and most dumps you find are already cryptofixed.

You need to go to the download page of the game in the eshop once. That unlocks the seed file and will let you play 9.6+ games.
Ah, that simplifies things.

Reactions: Ichii Giki

morvoran

President-Elect
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cryptofixing is not necessary only if you have access to the eshop of the same region as the game you want to play since the seed is still required to start the game and can be obtained through the eshop. This is what people mean by cryptofixing not being necessary on 10.3+. If you want to play a EUR region game on a US region 3ds, for example, then cryptofixing is still required as you can't access the EUR eshop to get the seed.

D

Deleted-19228

There was also some website you could go to that would download all currently known seeds

D

Deleted-19228

I can't find it right now. I never cared because I didn't need it before lol.

Ichii Giki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to go to the download page of the game in the eshop once. That unlocks the seed file and will let you play 9.6+ games.

Cryptofixing is not necessary only if you have access to the eshop of the same region as the game you want to play since the seed is still required to start the game and can be obtained through the eshop. This is what people mean by cryptofixing not being necessary on 10.3+. If you want to play a EUR region game on a US region 3ds, for example, then cryptofixing is still required as you can't access the EUR eshop to get the seed.

Thank you so much for these clarifications! I guess I'm stuck with CryptoFixed CIAs then for my N3DS as it is a region-changed system, so I won't ever easily be able to get to the eShop download page for anything on my target-region. Maybe some day we'll know the proper format for the seedsave.bin file and we can manually import all the crypto-seeds from the full seeddb.bin into it. At least 10.3+ EmuNAND finally lets me put badges on folders! ^_^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...