Creating Wad files with WaadMaker-1.1 by kovach

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by 808 13bt, Jan 8, 2009.

Jan 8, 2009
  1. 808 13bt
    OP

Newcomer 808 13bt Newbie

Australia
    Hi, I'm a noob when it comes to this stuff, but I have created a wad file with "WaadMaker-1.1 by kovach" and using "Waninkoko's Wii FileSystem Dumper v1". after loading the wad file using Wad Manager I cant seem to get the channel to show up on my Wii. I have followed the directions for all these Apps but still no luck. I downloaded a game from Wii Shop and I want to make it into a wad file that will install on my Wii.

Can anyone help me with this?

Cheers
    Joe G.

2. acesniper

Member acesniper GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I think that wadder is the new mainstream wad file maker. go to wadder.net

3. 808 13bt
    OP

Newcomer 808 13bt Newbie

Australia
    Thanks but not much help there,

Does anyone know how to convert sega master system (sms) to dol

4. Warren_303

Member Warren_303 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I don't know why you would want to convert sms to a dol. It doesn't make sense either.

Sega Master System is already a previously made homebrew project, check it out and use the dol that was made for the HBC and use it for WADder.

5. 808 13bt
    OP

Newcomer 808 13bt Newbie

Australia
    The only reason I want to make a dol file from sega master system (sms) is I want the game to run directly from the channel and not run from an emulator, even if there is a way to convert the Sega Master System (sms) to wad that would be great. If anyone know how or can help me with this please let me know.

Cheers
    Joe

6. friknfrak

Newcomer friknfrak Advanced Member

United States
    Your talking about having the game(rom) load directly into a "playable" state from clicking start on the channel?

Your way off base then.

If you use the SMS emu app (dol), and inject that into a channel WAD, the SMS app (dol) will load it's own interface everytime.

Now, if you wanna inject a ROM into a modified VC channel, thats another story. And that sounds more like what your wanting.

might try google: VC ROM INJECTION

I'm not allowed to explain it here I think.

7. 808 13bt
    OP

Newcomer 808 13bt Newbie

Australia
    I have tried to inject the sms rom into another wad but it doesnt work (works for snes roms though)
    so where can you explain t then, I need as much info/directions as I can get

8. friknfrak

Newcomer friknfrak Advanced Member

United States
  9. zidane_genome

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    You can't inject a SMS Rom into a SNES title...

You can only inject SMS into an SMS title...

example... you want to inject Sonic the Hedgehog, so you'll need another Sega title... you can't inject Sonic into an SNES VC title...

I hope you understand what I mean...

10. 808 13bt
    OP

Newcomer 808 13bt Newbie

Australia
    yeah I do understand what you mean, its just that I want to to be able to edit the wad files so that I can have the game title and picture in the channel rather than have all the channels show up as Donkey Kong Country, if you know what I mean.. also I have had no success in injecting Sega Master System (SMS) rom into other sega wads, that is why I am asking how to convert .sms to .dol, I have a program that makes working wads from .dol files, it also allows you to place any picture as a channel splash screen if ya get my drift. So if any one does know how to make .wad from .sms files or convert .sms to .dol your info would be greatly apprieciated.

Cheers
    Joe

11. bg4m3r

Newcomer bg4m3r Newbie

United States
    You can change the images and text in a VC title, but it has to be done manually and is a pain in the arse. Google 'hacking wii vc wads'. As for 'converting an sms to dol', that, in a word, is impossible. dols are executables (apps), sms files are files loaded by an emulator, not apps unto themselves. it'd be like trying to make applesauce with an orange. even vc wads contain an emulator and a rom file, which is why you can change the game in a vc wad in the first place, and why you can only replace a game with a game from the same system (snes to snes, sms to sms, genesis to genesis). why are you even screwing with this anyway? it's far easier, and far more customizable to make a channel for an emulator, and it takes less space on your Wii.

12. nugundam0079

Member nugundam0079 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    um does this work for ANY rom? so i could possibly make a body harvest .wad?