Hacking Creating a tool to install directly to a usb hard drive?

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
OP
Trophies
XP
It should be possible later. if I'm not mistaken wfs-tools at the moment does support basic dumping, and injects though, only injects it seems.

Once wfs-tools is more mature, it shouldn't be terribly difficult to create a wrapper that handles installing wiiu games/apps onto an external wiiu formatted hardrive. The only thing additionally needed would be a wiiu homebrew app to inject tickets, since tickets are on the main wiiu nand.

Deleted member 586536

OP
Trophies
XP

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds like it would be extremely complicated, plus wfs-inject is command line only atm. I also don't know if you can inject entire folders or not as I've only injected individual files. I think @EyeKey is working on it some more.

Deleted member 586536

OP
Trophies
XP
sounds like it would be extremely complicated, plus wfs-inject is command line only atm. I also don't know if you can inject entire folders or not as I've only injected individual files. I think @EyeKey is working on it some more.
It should be possible later. if I'm not mistaken... Once wfs-tools is more mature, it shouldn't be terribly difficult to create a wrapper
I'm going to let what I said stand here. I was not implying now, I already acknowledged that, I already had acknowledge that it's not ready for that kind of work.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
problem is that there are fewer and fewer devs working on the wiiu, largely because the wiiu user base is so small compared with other systems.

Reactions: Pin1988

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't Wii U USB Helper do that over the network?

Seem to remember an option for it, maybe it was direct to sd?
I just checked. I could only find copy to sd, but in that regard, might as well use nusspli. I think Maschelle mentioned working on an ftp server for the wiiu, so you could ftp in the home menu. it would be compatible with tiramisu and probably aroma as well. the only alternative is wup server, which is slow as shit. it would probably take days to install something over the network. haha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol