tempBOT

The GBAtemp Robot
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Create items in Skyward Sword!
Nintendo reveals more info on this new upgrade system
The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword redefines the traditional Zelda framework and introduces an arsenal of items, upgrades and rewards unlike any game in the franchise to date. The adventure guides players into, out of and back to dungeons and areas they’ve already completed. Along the way, Link gathers a massive inventory of peculiar items and resources that can be used to upgrade many of his weapons and equipment.

A new weapon upgrade system allows players to gather raw materials from throughout Hyrule that can be used to upgrade weapons, equipment and items, or create entirely new ones from scratch.

Source

Contributed by avengedZC

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I LOVE games with upgrades!
biggrin.gif

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Its not a new thing on games, but Zelda gets a HUGE boost with the option. I hope you can create your own items and not just items programmed inside the game.

avengedZC

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.zeldac.com
XP
Country
United States
Yea it would be nice if you can customize your own items, but Im fairly sure its items waiting to be "unlocked" thats already programmed in the game. Either way this is something new to the Zelda series, should be pretty exciting.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Necron said:
Its not a new thing on games, but Zelda gets a HUGE boost with the option. I hope you can create your own items and not just items programmed inside the game.
that, technically, is impossible, sir.
happy.gif

kidding aside, it may turn out that this game will have a huge item database, like at least 3 iterations for every known usable and equippable items. that in itself automatically triples how many items there are in-game. say, 3 iterations of a Bow, with the last one capable of doing charged homing shots (you wish). or 3 iterations of the shield, in which the last iteration nets you a Mirror Shield. or 3 iterations of his... boot laces. lol.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
ferofax said:
Necron said:
happy.gif

Not true, you can create almost any kind of enchanted item you want in Oblivion. You simply choose the effects you want (i.e. paralyze for 3 seconds plus 5 fire damage per second for 10 seconds) and make it. You aren't limited to the items built in, you can make any combination of effects you want (though the more effects you add, up to 3, the fewer charges it will have before it needs to be rechared). If Zelda were to do something like that, it would let you choose to make arrows and then let you select what combination of effects you want (fire, explosive, ice, etc).

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
YES! YESYESYESYESYES!!!
This adds tons of content to the traditional Zelda formula, not that there was a lack of content before
tongue.gif

This'll be a day one download err.. Buy, for me
ph34r.gif

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
Well, it's official, Skyward Sword is going to be the worst Zelda game ever. Thanks for ruining my favorite series ever, Nintendo.
Kinda hard to say that if you haven't even played the game yet.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What's wrong with this? One of the complaints I had about Zelda games is the lack of ability to upgrade your weapon. Hell, only LttP had four swords you could use, every other Zelda I played had only two or three.

Basically, it's adding some RPG elements to Zelda, some people will like it, others won't.

ShadowFyre

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Eh, I'm slightly impartial to this. Sure, its cool that you customize all your items, but this sounds like you're gonna have to farm materials. I'd much rather a sidequest type of system then this, but its cool too.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
TDWP FTW said:
Well, it's official, Skyward Sword is going to be the worst Zelda game ever. Thanks for ruining my favorite series ever, Nintendo.
I'll assume that was sarcasm.
No, it wasn't. It's not even a Zelda game anymore. It's Generic School Drama JRPG Cutscene Master 2011. Zelda games, aren't, and shouldn't be focused on drama, cutscenes (Apparently there's LOADS in SS), or generic RPG bullshit. It's an action-adventure series, not an RPG series.

What's next, Nintendo, a Mario FPS?

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And there's nothing wrong with trying a different route? Zelda games don't always have to be action adventure.

Look at Mario and Luigi, they were mostly platformers, took a RPG route and look how well they turned out.

Besides, you're judging a game you haven't even played yet.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
JoostinOnline said:
TDWP FTW said:
No, it wasn't. It's not even a Zelda game anymore. It's Generic School Drama JRPG Cutscene Master 2011. Zelda games, aren't, and shouldn't be focused on drama, cutscenes (Apparently there's LOADS in SS), or generic RPG bullshit. It's an action-adventure series, not an RPG series.

Seriously? Action-adventure and every other genre have already been done. Let's call everything generic.
closedeyes.gif

Funny thing is, if they do this right, this could be the best Zelda or at least high in the Zelda list.
tongue.gif

inb4Guildgoesinsaysanycharacters,butNintendocharactersarethebest.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
JoostinOnline said:
TDWP FTW said:

Zelda games have always been about the story. The fact that there are extra possibilities for items doesn't mean it's not a Zelda game.

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nl255 said:
ferofax said:
Necron said:
happy.gif

Not true, you can create almost any kind of enchanted item you want in Oblivion. You simply choose the effects you want (i.e. paralyze for 3 seconds plus 5 fire damage per second for 10 seconds) and make it. You aren't limited to the items built in, you can make any combination of effects you want (though the more effects you add, up to 3, the fewer charges it will have before it needs to be rechared). If Zelda were to do something like that, it would let you choose to make arrows and then let you select what combination of effects you want (fire, explosive, ice, etc).
No, his statement was quite true. You might be modifying the weapons in Oblivion, but you are still using the already-programmed weapons themselves with personalized attributes (which are also all pre-programmed), not an entirely new weapon, which would only be remotely achievable in a LittleBigPlanet-esque game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over