Thrust

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
JoostinOnline said:
TDWP FTW said:
Well, it's official, Skyward Sword is going to be the worst Zelda game ever. Thanks for ruining my favorite series ever, Nintendo.
I'll assume that was sarcasm.
No, it wasn't. It's not even a Zelda game anymore. It's Generic School Drama JRPG Cutscene Master 2011. Zelda games, aren't, and shouldn't be focused on drama, cutscenes (Apparently there's LOADS in SS), or generic RPG bullshit. It's an action-adventure series, not an RPG series.

What's next, Nintendo, a Mario FPS?
Oh man this was funny to read. I dont know what you've been playing, but the zelda I know has ALWAYS been an rpg, just one with a lot of action. This one sets out to expand its horizons by adding a new feature and its ruined? Dont ever play zelda 2 then cause he can level up in that one. OMG RUINED.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my main reservation with this new system is zelda turning into the next metroid other M. if a formula works, don't mess with it.

Thrust

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...Other M was a fun game though :wtf:

I love how gamers hate when companies do re-releases (OoT, Starfox) but then get pissed when they try and do something NEW. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm.. Can't wait to play it
biggrin.gif
Deff going to the nintendo booth at First Look
biggrin.gif

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, it's not that gamers don't like it when companies try something new. it's when they disregard one of the core mechanics in favor of originality that pisses people off. removing any ounce of exploration in other m was a disaster; making final fantasy xiii nothing but a long hallway was another disaster. what would people think if they removed the find map, find dungeon item, find big key, etc mechanic in zelda? I'm sure many would not be happy.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
TDWP FTW said:
Nujui said:
And there's nothing wrong with trying a different route? Zelda games don't always have to be action adventure.

Look at Mario and Luigi, they were mostly platformers, took a RPG route and look how well they turned out.

Besides, you're judging a game you haven't even played yet.
Yes, they took an RPG route...In a spinoff series. This is the MAIN series for Zelda. And I don't have to play a game to judge it. There's been enough footage to get a general concept of the new shit they added. It's not like it's a new IP or anything where no one knows what the hell it is.

I know all the people here are loving it because it's an RPG, and we know how people love their generic RPGs, so I'm just going to leave my argument at that, as I'm not going to get anything else but hate for sharing my thoughts.

Dude, wake up.
Take a look at Zelda 2 : The adventure of Link.
It's one of the first RPG's with an upgrade system and absolutely hardcore.
Some of the element from that game are still present in todays zelda's.
I like these new options. ( it's hard to play the same Zelda game every 5 years ... )

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thrust said:
TDWP FTW said:
JoostinOnline said:
TDWP FTW said:
Well, it's official, Skyward Sword is going to be the worst Zelda game ever. Thanks for ruining my favorite series ever, Nintendo.
I'll assume that was sarcasm.

No, it wasn't. It's not even a Zelda game anymore. It's Generic School Drama JRPG Cutscene Master 2011. Zelda games, aren't, and shouldn't be focused on drama, cutscenes (Apparently there's LOADS in SS), or generic RPG bullshit. It's an action-adventure series, not an RPG series.

What's next, Nintendo, a Mario FPS?
Oh man this was funny to read. I dont know what you've been playing, but the zelda I know has ALWAYS been an rpg, just one with a lot of action. This one sets out to expand its horizons by adding a new feature and its ruined? Dont ever play zelda 2 then cause he can level up in that one. OMG RUINED.
your wasting your time they will tell you it's not a rpg cos you don't level up
laugh.gif

Dont ever play zelda 2 then cause he can level up in that one. OMG RUINED.
agreed it's the worst zelda in the series IMO.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
JoostinOnline said:
Zelda II and Spirit Tracks are the only Zelda games I didn't like. However, Zelda games have always been action RPGs. Nothing is changing there. They are just branching out on the current upgrade/trade system.

Good stuff!

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Don't complain about a series evolving with new elements. If you want your praised Zelda just play the old games that you love. If developers make the same game over and over again THAT will ruin it. It just ends in desaster like e.g. CoD.

Zelda is a Jump 'n Run and now quit bitching :D

I for one am looking forward to Skyward Sword.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
JoostinOnline said:
Zelda II and Spirit Tracks are the only Zelda games I didn't like.
same...and Phant hourglass the controls just ruin both games.

Posts merged

QUOTE(KingVamp @ Sep 22 2011, 05:07 PM) OK, I'll bite. Zelda as a whole is not rpg. What make you think it is a rpg?
why cos you don't lvl up?
tongue.gif

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
TDWP FTW said:

So, just because they add something they wont force you to use you belive that entire game is gonna suck?

NEWSFLASH, THIS JUST IN:

NOONE ARE FORCING YOU TO UPGRADE ITEMS!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...