The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Nujui said:
And there's nothing wrong with trying a different route? Zelda games don't always have to be action adventure.

Look at Mario and Luigi, they were mostly platformers, took a RPG route and look how well they turned out.

Besides, you're judging a game you haven't even played yet.
Yes, they took an RPG route...In a spinoff series. This is the MAIN series for Zelda. And I don't have to play a game to judge it. There's been enough footage to get a general concept of the new shit they added. It's not like it's a new IP or anything where no one knows what the hell it is.

I know all the people here are loving it because it's an RPG, and we know how people love their generic RPGs, so I'm just going to leave my argument at that, as I'm not going to get anything else but hate for sharing my thoughts.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Necron said:
Its not a new thing on games, but Zelda gets a HUGE boost with the option. I hope you can create your own items and not just items programmed inside the game.
they have to programmed into the game or how else would you create them
rolleyes.gif

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
Necron said:
Its not a new thing on games, but Zelda gets a HUGE boost with the option. I hope you can create your own items and not just items programmed inside the game.
they have to programmed into the game or how else would you create them
rolleyes.gif
I'm pretty sure he means there aren't pre-determined formulas (like trade this, this, and this for item X), and that you can be creative.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
Nujui said:
And there's nothing wrong with trying a different route? Zelda games don't always have to be action adventure.

Look at Mario and Luigi, they were mostly platformers, took a RPG route and look how well they turned out.

Besides, you're judging a game you haven't even played yet.
Yes, they took an RPG route...In a spinoff series. This is the MAIN series for Zelda. And I don't have to play a game to judge it. There's been enough footage to get a general concept of the new shit they added. It's not like it's a new IP or anything where no one knows what the hell it is.

I know all the people here are loving it because it's an RPG, and we know how people love their generic RPGs, so I'm just going to leave my argument at that, as I'm not going to get anything else but hate for sharing my thoughts.
Still, doesn't matter if it's main series or not, they took a different route. You really can't say, even if you looked at footage, that the game is going to be shit, that's like saying:

"I looked at a sample chapter of a book online, I think it's shit"

I'm not say it's going to be good, but until I get the game on my wii and play it for some amount of time, I can't really say it's good or bad can I?

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
Nujui said:
You really can't say, even if you looked at footage, that the game is going to be shit, that's like saying:
Sure I can...It's called my opinion. I'll leave you RPG junkies to drool over the "latest and greatest" Zelda game.
A opinion based off of only seeing footage, and not playing the actual game.

Opinion is opinion, but there's also opinions that don't make sense.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
Nujui said:
You really can't say, even if you looked at footage, that the game is going to be shit, that's like saying:
Sure I can...It's called my opinion. I'll leave you RPG junkies to drool over the "latest and greatest" Zelda game.

new upgrade system is awesome and cool tdwp stop neen close minded dont you undestand this is good ?

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
Zelda games, aren't, and shouldn't be focused on drama, cutscenes (Apparently there's LOADS in SS), or generic RPG bullshit. It's an action-adventure series, not an RPG series.

Why are you complaining about generic RPG bullshit now, when upgrading health/stats has been in every Zelda game ever?
Why are you complaining about drama now, when all Zelda games are focused on a certain amount of drama?
Why are you complaining about cutscenes now, when all Zelda games have had them? Hell, without cutscenes there wouldn't be a story.

Why are you equating RPG-elements, drama, and cutscenes to be a full blown RPG? These things will never, and never have, caused Zelda to be classified as an RPG.

As technology gets better and better, Nintendo wants to explore more of the storyline behind the games and add more fun features into the game. That's not a crime.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Nujui said:
TDWP FTW said:
Nujui said:

Isn't that the whole idea of an opinion? If it doesn't make sense it doesn't mean it cannot be taken into consideration.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hyro-Sama said:
Nujui said:
TDWP FTW said:
Nujui said:

Isn't that the whole idea of an opinion? If it doesn't make sense it doesn't mean it cannot be taken into consideration.
Yes, but you can't exactly say something is bad if you haven't played it, just looking at gameplay footage isn't enough to say it's bad. Same thing with movies, or any other type of media. Watching a trailer of something, and then saying it's going to be bad, doesn't make much sense does it?

Hyro-Sama

Trophies
XP
Country
Nujui said:
Hyro-Sama said:
Nujui said:
TDWP FTW said:
Nujui said:

Yes, but you can't exactly say something is bad if you haven't played it, just looking at gameplay footage isn't enough to say it's bad. Same thing with movies, or any other type of media. Watching a trailer of something, and then saying it's going to be bad, doesn't make much sense does it?

I understand what you're saying. It is illogical to make assumptions when someone hasn't had the full experience. However, TDWP FTW is entitled to state his opinion no matter how much sense it makes and as long has he is not deliberately flaming.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure you don't even have to do "generic RPG element" parts in the first place. It is a side thing.

I'm sure he going to play it and love/like it like any other Zelda game.

Only thing that bother me about his opinion is he saying that the game is going to be bad base on (assume) genre
than actually gameplay.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hyro-Sama said:
Nujui said:
Hyro-Sama said:
Nujui said:
TDWP FTW said:
Nujui said:

I understand what you're saying. It is illogical to make assumptions when someone hasn't had the full experience. However, TDWP FTW is entitled to state his opinion no matter how much sense it makes and as long has he is not deliberately flaming.
I know, I'm just saying, well, my opinion
tongue.gif

Anyway, can't wait to play this, haven't play a Zelda game in quite awhile.

Hyro-Sama

Trophies
XP
Country
Nujui said:
I know, I'm just saying, well, my opinion
tongue.gif

Anyway, can't wait to play this, haven't play a Zelda game in quite awhile.

LOL Haven't played a Zelda game since Wind Waker. I should probably at least go and play Twilight Princess to the end.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So much ridiculousness in 3 pages:

QUOTE said:
Not true, you can create almost any kind of enchanted item you want in Oblivion. You simply choose the effects you want (i.e. paralyze for 3 seconds plus 5 fire damage per second for 10 seconds) and make it. You aren't limited to the items built in, you can make any combination of effects you want (though the more effects you add, up to 3, the fewer charges it will have before it needs to be rechared). If Zelda were to do something like that, it would let you choose to make arrows and then let you select what combination of effects you want (fire, explosive, ice, etc).

The only way to achieve this is for the game to take your suggestions, add it in the source code, and re-compile itself with your added suggestions. Seriously, everything is pre-built into the game, the best they can do is make it seem like it isn't pre-built into the game by adding thousands of possibilities.

QUOTENo, it wasn't. It's not even a Zelda game anymore. It's Generic School Drama JRPG Cutscene Master 2011. Zelda games, aren't, and shouldn't be focused on drama, cutscenes (Apparently there's LOADS in SS), or generic RPG bullshit. It's an action-adventure series, not an RPG series.

What's next, Nintendo, a Mario FPS?

Call me crazy, but I think everything you mentioned above creates demand for the game for the average gamer today else why would everyone be doing it? In that case, the only other method is to kill off the zelda chain and call it Melda and invent a whole new game.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
no nintendo dont turn zelda into an mmo don't follow the same dark path as DQ! this isn't the 1st time you've been able to upgrade your weapons though in zelda. in zelda 3 you could do it twice after receiving the master sword, in oot you had to collect a tonne of shit to get biggorns sword, in mm you had to get the gold dust.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over