XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
oh, well in that case I am getting the same error when trying to extract a banner from a .wbfs file while using the fixed version. I figured I had downloaded the un-fixed version... I guess not! I'm sure all the bugs will get worked out in due time, awesome work btw.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
oh, well in that case I am getting the same error when trying to extract a banner from a .wbfs file while using the fixed version. I figured I had downloaded the un-fixed version... I guess not! I'm sure all the bugs will get worked out in due time, awesome work btw.

Did you copy wbfs_file.exe under 3rdparty folder?
If yes then could you send me the error text, path to your wbfs file, path of your Crap installation,
If no then you should copy it... I didn't bundled the tool into Crap since I think it's getting updated fairly frequently...

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiCrazy,
I can't open the WBFS drive list with the 2.4b version, here's my error message,

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: An entry with the same key already exists.
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.SortedList`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value)
at FE100.Form1.button3_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Crap
Assembly Version: 1.0.3611.38441

I never got that with 2.3b version at all? thanks

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
bnm81002 said:
WiiCrazy,
I can't open the WBFS drive list with the 2.4b version, here's my error message,

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: An entry with the same key already exists.

...snip...

I never got that with 2.3b version at all? thanks

Well actually I had written in the readme, it seems you have two games with exact same names... generic sorted list in .net framework expects unique keys... anyway... I'll fix it in the next version...

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
yes I copied wbfs_file.exe under 3rdparty folder.

The path to crap is C:\CrapV2.4b (I first tried it saved somewhere else, but thought moving it to the root of my C: might solve any problems, and it didn't)

The path to my .wbfs file is I:\wbfs (where I: is my external hard drive)

Here is a pic of the error I am getting

312dcig.jpg

If it helps, I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64x

On an unrelated note, I just figured out a GOOD glitch in your crazy intro video... I don't want to discuss it in this thread so I will send u a pm, but long story short, I can get it to work off a hard drive (no sd card!)

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Hmm, it seems wbfs_file.exe didn't create the opening.bnr, maybe a special case.. which game is this? could you try another game? Path is ok, Crap version is ok...

Also you might give the original program a go with below code, see what it does..

Code:
wbfs_fileÂÂ"I:\wbfs\DISCID.wbfs" extract_file DISCID opening.bnr

oggzee

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
WiiCrazy said:
Hmm, it seems wbfs_file.exe didn't create the opening.bnr, maybe a special case.. which game is this? could you try another game? Path is ok, Crap version is ok...

Also you might give the original program a go with below code, see what it does..

Code:
Oh, which reminds me, i think this is still case sensitive, i need to change that.
Some games use OPENING.BNR some might even use Opening.bnr
Also I realize the target filename must be useful here, i intend to add that too.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
oggzee said:
WiiCrazy said:

Code:
Oh, which reminds me, i think this is still case sensitive, i need to change that.
Some games use OPENING.BNR some might even use Opening.bnr
Also I realize the target filename must be useful here, i intend to add that too.

Actually I can do that too, first listing the files and then extracting. But there are two catches I see.

1. I can't specify the path or name of the created file. Currently I'm moving the file but on rare occasions there may be access restrictions and so..
2. Upon failure wbfs_file.exe doesn't seem to be exiting with non zero return code... So even on failure I can't report it to the user.

Still, thanks for the help! appreciated!

oggzee

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
WiiCrazy said:
Actually I can do that too, first listing the files and then extracting. But there are two catches I see.

1. I can't specify the path or name of the created file. Currently I'm moving the file but on rare occasions there may be access restrictions and so..
2. Upon failure wbfs_file.exe doesn't seem to be exiting with non zero return code... So even on failure I can't report it to the user.

Still, thanks for the help! appreciated!
:
QUOTE(oggzee @ Nov 21 2009, 03:57 AM) wbfs_file 1.7
wbfs_file_1.7_win32.zip
includes windows binary and source

Changes:
v1.7:
* Changed extract_file filename to be non-case-sensitive
and take an optional output file parameter:
extract_file []
* exit code from the program should now properly indicate an error

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Alright guys.

I can make channels from ISO files.

But when I plug in my wbfs formatted drive, and try to load it, Crap tells me its not a wbfs drive. Now, I know it is because my Wii and Wbfs manager both recognise it.

Any ideas guys?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
@oggzee : Thanks a lot!

@ConJ, @TeenTin : I use WbfsSync's wbfs/iso library... it seems these issues are related to this library itself... Too bad Omega Frost put the development of the library on hold...

@TeenTin : Indeed I've tested Mario Kart iso, library returns bogus data for the banner indeed. It fails the banner sanity check so not used. You can try other banner extraction methods
1. Old distrubution of custom wiiscrubber (up to 1.5 or so you can find it bundled to Crap)
2. Through a wbfs file
3. Or just extract with wiiscrubber yourself and rename it to RMCP01.bnr (PAL) or RMCE01.bnr (NTSC) and open using Banner selection in Crap.

That is of course you want to create a forwarder with Crap, you can use Loadstructor too.

@bnm81002 :
I've fixed the sorting wbfs drive with duplicate names issue, here is the hotfix : http://www.tepetaklak.com/data/Crap2.4Hotfix2.rar

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
.i tried using "yal with fixed" loader but i'm getting an error "discid placeholder not found in the dol. file"...
what does it mean.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
innercy said:
.i tried using "yal with fixed" loader but i'm getting an error "discid placeholder not found in the dol. file"...
what does it mean.

It means I forgot to replace the test values in the loader with the disc id placeholder and such. You can use one from an old archive or you can hex edit the dol (YalWithFixes.dol) in the loaders folder, search for the ascii string SBLE5G and replace it with LOADER.

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
It means I forgot to replace the test values in the loader with the disc id placeholder and such. You can use one from an old archive or you can hex edit the dol (YalWithFixes.dol) in the loaders folder, search for the ascii string SBLE5G and replace it with LOADER.

got it working. thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: sup nerds