• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Covid-19 vaccine

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 500 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 245 32.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Haha
Reactions: Hayato213

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm not the one stating that the sources say something. You are, which means you already read them. Please don't deform my argument in what it is not, especially when I'm not the one who brought in said sources in the first place.

For fuck's sake, you're the one pretending to have read them, and now you're throwing a tantrum because I ask you to point me in the direction you say you read something because I do not have the time to look at the whole of them if only half say what you say they say? This is ridiculous man, get a grip of yourself!

I'm not throwing a tantrum. Even if you dipped what little time you spent complaining into checking them, you'd have something to talk about. My characterization of the hit-pieces are for those who would peruse them, skim them, or lean on them at all. Who are you? You went from "I don't believe you" to "you are lying" when has already been apparent from the beginning that I addressed substantive points of the articles. Do you think I made it up? If your problem is the volume of the content, I didn't post it. I do agree that it would be an act of generosity to spend time reading it. I fail to see my obligation in doing so, again, on your behalf.

I've mentioned one point of particular interest that has yet to be addressed here. That was about the nature of toxicity of the pseudo spike-proteins. I think that topic, which was one of the more serious sources of contention, is more interesting than your outrage.

Last edited by tabzer,
  • Haha
Reactions: RocaBOT

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For a matter of clear pointing out, the OG papers causing this whole anti-vax movement was a doctor who had his license pulled ages ago trying to link vaccines and autism. This gained traction when an ex-playboy star was looking for a reason why her kid has autism and spend the effort to point the finger at rather than just taking care of their damn kid.

Ive met more stable minded folk who were considered "on the spectrum" more than I have met those who were anti-vax. Paranoia fueled with misinformation based on what they want to look for to apply their belief of narrative rots the brain faster than any kind of drug ever could. You don't want to learn or accept any actual truth, you rather believe in some crazy ass narrative because it feels better to point the finger and blame something or someone for things that just unfortunately exists in nature or in the general world. I mean shit, its 2022 and the rise of people thinking the earth is flat is almost on the same level of rise as the anti-vax movement. You people need to unglue yourselves from conspiracy chats and websites and go outside.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
For a matter of clear pointing out, the OG papers causing this whole anti-vax movement was a doctor who had his license pulled ages ago trying to link vaccines and autism. This gained traction when an ex-playboy star was looking for a reason why her kid has autism and spend the effort to point the finger at rather than just taking care of their damn kid.

Ive met more stable minded folk who were considered "on the spectrum" more than I have met those who were anti-vax. Paranoia fueled with misinformation based on what they want to look for to apply their belief of narrative rots the brain faster than any kind of drug ever could. You don't want to learn or accept any actual truth, you rather believe in some crazy ass narrative because it feels better to point the finger and blame something or someone for things that just unfortunately exists in nature or in the general world. I mean shit, its 2022 and the rise of people thinking the earth is flat is almost on the same level of rise as the anti-vax movement. You people need to unglue yourselves from conspiracy chats and websites and go outside.

"Correlation does not imply causation."

"Look guys, the vaccine works!"

I'd say you should only choose one, lest you are being greedy. But we are past that point.

RocaBOT

Yo best puppy (but automated 🙃)
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1. That's not how vaccines work. It's never in the bloodstream, it's injected in muscle tissue for a reason.
2. Don't post bullcrap like that without any source, especially when it's trying to copy an "official-looking" type of writing, yet full of disinformation.

You're not helping anyone by spreading this kind of nonsense, if anything you're giving more invalid reasons for people to be afraid of something that's neither happening nor dangerous.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
1. That's not how vaccines work. It's never in the bloodstream, it's injected in muscle tissue for a reason.
2. Don't post bullcrap like that without any source, especially when it's trying to copy an "official-looking" type of writing, yet full of disinformation.

You're not helping anyone by spreading this kind of nonsense, if anything you're giving more invalid reasons for people to be afraid of something that's neither happening nor dangerous.
His sources are YouTube funny man, misquotes, or something he made the fuck up. That’s all they’ve ever been

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
In the United States, people 50+ in age and people who are immunocompromised just became eligible for their second booster. That would be a fourth dose (if starting with the mRNA vaccines).
Although not 50, I am immunocompromised and was just able to get my booster. Moderna was the one my doctor recommended and the one the pharmacy used when they were informed that t I am immunocompromised.

Reactions: Lacius

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
His sources are YouTube funny man, misquotes, or something he made the fuck up. That’s all they’ve ever been
I don't know what the temper you're replying to is talking about, and I am not going to get into it, it may be BS or not.

But if by "YouTube funny man" you mean Russell Brand I would suggest you don't just lightly disqualify him based on prejudice.
He is very well researched and his videos are not a joke, really.

You may agree or disagree with what he says, but in any case I would say that instead of just automatically disqualifying what he says because "he is a comedian", you at least first check the videos, check perhaps many of them, check many of his sources by yourself and don't jump to conclusions and prejudice before doing that. Then if you disagree it comes at least from a valid position, that of someone that at least knows what they are disagreeing with, and not just because of prejudice.

Reactions: tabzer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system