• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Covid-19 vaccine

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 500 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 245 32.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The problem is that drinking urine, anybody's urine, hasn't been demonstrated to cure COVID-19, so it's recklessly idiotic to recommend it. If that wasn't bad enough, the recommendation occurred while simultaneously rejecting vaccination, something that has actually been demonstrated to be effective at reducing COVID-19 infection, hospitalization, and death.

In other words, we don't recommend treatments just because they haven't been disproven to work. We recommend treatments when they've been proven to work. It's like accepting or rejecting a claim to be true. We accept claims to be true when there's evidence for them. We do not accept claims to be true just because they haven't been disproven.

Also, drinking urine is gross. However, I have a feeling the former president wouldn't have thought so.

Posting claims or counter-claims isn't "dismissing" them. I was perfectly ok without it being brought up. Someone thought it was important enough to weigh in on it. A reporter claimed it was false, so I am curious who tested it.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Posting claims or counter-claims isn't "dismissing" them. I was perfectly ok without it being brought up. Someone thought it was important enough to weigh in on it. A reporter claimed it was false, so I am curious who tested it.
I can say with confidence that, as far as we are aware, the claim that drinking urine cures COVID-19 is, in fact, false.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I said someone had to be first to call it false to begin with. Who was deceived? Nobody? The people complaining about it?

Learn to read. You are severely ill-equipped to win this pissing-contest.
I happen to sit when I piss, so by default I don't think I was going to win this content from the start. I did read your post and assumed it was something you would take seriously because you refuse to take actual science seriously.
Has urine actually cured anything?

Last edited by The Catboy,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I happen to sit when I piss, so by default I don't think I was going to win this content from the start. I did read your post and assumed it was something you would take seriously because you refuse to take actual science seriously.

Has urine actually cured anything?

I am perfectly fine with saying I don't know. I haven't tested it. However, I am aware that people think so, or at least think it has some effect on regulating metabolism. Animals do it, and it is something I wonder about. I don't have a scientific conclusion.

I can say with confidence that, as far as we are aware, the claim that drinking urine cures COVID-19 is, in fact, false.

Is that how science works? Theory isn't tested so it is defaulted as "false"? My question remains. Who do you trust that has sampled Christopher Key's urine?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am perfectly fine with saying I don't know. I haven't tested it. However, I am aware that people think so, or at least think it has some effect on regulating metabolism. Animals do it, and it is something I wonder about. I don't have a scientific conclusion.

Is that how science works? Theory isn't tested so it is defaulted as "false"? My question remains. Who do you trust that has sampled Christopher Key's urine?
Science isn’t blindly throwing stuff at a wall until it sticks. The fact that you don’t know what a scientific theory actually stands for is very telling. That being said, we know urine won’t work because there’s no medicinal properties to urine. There’s no reason to waste time nor resources on something that has never proven to do anything other than be expelled waste.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We don't have to try the urine to say, as far as we know, the urine doesn't work. It isn't like we know nothing about urine or COVID-19. If you want to argue it does work, let me know how it tastes while you're at it.

While we are on the topic of how science works, we test hypotheses, not theories.

Well, this has taken a weird turn.
I'm comfortable blaming the nutjobs who drink their own urine.

The Science is developing mRNA injections to treat heart attacks caused by the previous mRNA injections. What a time to be alive!

Scientists discover world's first cure for heart attacks using the same mRNA technology as Covid vaccines
There's no evidence of mRNA injections causing "heart attacks."

Reactions: The Catboy

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Confirmed side effects like blood clots and myocarditis do cause heart attacks. Only the prevalence is really in question anymore.
The clots are not associated with mRNA vaccines. I'm unaware of any evidence that any mRNA vaccine that has resulted in myocarditis has caused a heart attack.

You need to get your facts straight.

Glyptofane

Castaway
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The clots are not associated with mRNA vaccines. I'm unaware of any evidence that any mRNA vaccine that has resulted in myocarditis has caused a heart attack.

You need to get your facts straight.
Clots can form from myocarditis and then result in heart attack or stroke. I shouldn't have to explain the entire process of heart disease. I guess you are only thinking of the instantaneous clotting associated with J&J?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clots can form from myocarditis and then result in heart attack or stroke. I shouldn't have to explain the entire process of heart disease. I guess you are only thinking of the instantaneous clotting associated with J&J?
As I already said, there is no evidence of these things (clots and heart attacks) with the mRNA vaccines.

Glyptofane

Castaway
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I already said, there is no evidence of these things (clots and heart attacks) with the mRNA vaccines.
Fantastic. The FDA and CDC did identify increased risks of myocarditis and pericarditis following mRNA vaccines, so I guess I'll just have to take your word for it.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fantastic. The FDA and CDC did identify increased risks of myocarditis and pericarditis following mRNA vaccines, so I guess I'll just have to take your word for it.
They identified a very small risk of myocarditis, not "clots and heart attacks." The risk of myocarditis with actual COVID-19 is significantly higher, FYI.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sources? Do you have sources? It seems like there should be a spike in heart attacks and strokes since the vaccines went public, is there a spike, and do the sources link back to the mRNA vaccines?

Reactions: Lacius

Glyptofane

Castaway
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sources? Do you have sources? It seems like there should be a spike in heart attacks and strokes since the vaccines went public, is there a spike, and do the sources link back to the mRNA vaccines?
You want sources for the complications of myocarditis and stages of heart disease now? What a joke.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You want sources for the complications of myocarditis and stages of heart disease now? What a joke.
If you are going to claim that the COVID-19 mRNA vaccines can lead to heart-related complications not limited to myocarditis, you need to provide sources. Your posts are, by definition, ridiculous without them.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You made the claim, there should be sources to back up that claim. If the vaccines are causing heart attacks and strokes, there should be a noticeable uptick since the vaccines went public.
The Science is developing mRNA injections to treat heart attacks caused by the previous mRNA injections. What a time to be alive!

Scientists discover world's first cure for heart attacks using the same mRNA technology as Covid vaccines

This is your post making that claim. I even politely highlighted your claim in case you forgot you said this.

Reactions: Lacius

Glyptofane

Castaway
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are going to claim that the COVID-19 mRNA vaccines can lead to heart-related complications not limited to myocarditis, you need to provide sources. Your posts are, by definition, ridiculous without them.

You made the claim, there should be sources to back up that claim. If the vaccines are causing heart attacks and strokes, there should be a noticeable uptick since the vaccines went public.
It's not exactly something that's secret or hidden. That's what's ridiculous. The complications are well known and easily verified through any medical journal and the condition itself is listed in the EUA fact sheets among many other official documents.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not exactly something that's secret or hidden. That's what's ridiculous. The complications are well known and easily verified through any medical journal and the condition itself is listed in the EUA fact sheets among many other official documents.
If sources are so readily available, then please post a reputable source showing that there are heart-related complications that aren't myocarditis and pericarditis, like heart attacks, associated with the mRNA vaccines. Please and thank you.

Given the research I'm aware of, there isn't any evidence a single person has suffered a heart attack as a result of the mRNA vaccines. I'm hard pressed to find evidence a single person has died from the mRNA vaccines for any reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled