• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Covid-19 vaccine

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 500 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 245 32.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
150K untested migrants pouring in living/traveling in confined quarters targeting population centers is unacceptable during a pandemic and wildly inconsistent with restrictions that were placed on Americans.
Ah yes, the "all immigrants are filthy disease carriers" schtick, that's some good ol' fashioned 50s racism right there.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's on par with saying "It's already on fire, who cares if I throw gas at it".

150K untested migrants pouring in and living/traveling in confined quarters targeting population centers is unacceptable during a pandemic and wildly inconsistent with restrictions that were placed on Americans.

People change their mind on what to eat for breakfast or what shoes to wear, they do not change their fundamental beliefs routinely on whim. The majority of those who are not getting vaccinated are making that choice based on a fundamental distrust of Government and pharmaceutical industry.

No one is waking up tomorrow and deciding "Gee, yesterday this situation was rife with censorship, lies, institutional deception and malice but they really cleaned their act up".
  1. Undocumented immigrants can and do get vaccinated at no cost in the United States.
  2. It's racist nonsense to say or imply that any significant portion of undocumented immigrants have COVID-19.
  3. Mexico, for example, also has vaccinations.
  4. Even just looking at the numbers alone, it's silly to suggest anybody other than the people who willfully don't get vaccinated are the problem.
  5. Demonstrably, people who haven't been vaccinated yet can and do change their minds.

Last edited by Lacius,

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ironically, people seem to forget the right to life, when it comes to this virus.

In case it hasn't become apparent, Jimbo believes himself to be a wealthy member of a greater tier of humanity than exists elsewhere in the world... at least in his own head-canon. He literally doesn't believe in any right to life.

Reactions: Xzi

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone else think of the Jimbo who was hospitalized with COVID-19 in South Park when @jimbo13 posts anti-vax nonsense? As much as I hope you don't contract COVID-19 and/or get hospitalized with it, it's what I think of every single time.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Undocumented immigrants can and do get vaccinated at no cost in the United States.
  2. It's racist nonsense to say or imply that any significant portion of undocumented immigrants have COVID-19.
  3. Mexico, for example, also has vaccinations.
  4. Even just looking at the numbers alone, it's silly to suggest anybody other than the people who willfully don't get vaccinated are the problem.
  5. Demonstrably, people who haven't been vaccinated yet can and do change their minds.

Mexican is not a race. It is a nationality indicating a country of origin, the only prejudicial behavior is from you dismissing appalling behavior and poor public health policy whenever it is involving progressive pet projects. It is nonsense to say you have any indication what portion of those people are vaccinated, by definition they are undocumented.

Your behavior mirrors much of what people see in the government, inconsistency fostering distrust.

I already had Covid according to an anti-body test, wouldn't know because like most healthy people I had no symptoms.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mexican is not a race. It is a nationality indicating a country of origin
I don't remember saying all undocumented immigrants were from Mexico. Regardless, if you want to hypothetically argue your bigoted statements technically aren't racist, that still doesn't address the bigotry. Oof.

the only prejudicial behavior is from you dismissing appalling behavior and poor public health policy whenever it is involving progressive pet projects.
There is nothing about progressive immigration policies that is "poor public health policy." If you want to talk about bad public health policy, please see the former administration's response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

It is nonsense to say you have any indication what portion of those people are vaccinated, by definition they are undocumented.
I don't remember claiming to know anything about anybody's vaccination status. That was you.

Your behavior mirrors much of what people see in the government, inconsistency fostering distrust.
What have I said that was inconsistent?

I already had Covid according to an anti-body test, wouldn't know because like most healthy people I had no symptoms.
That's great that you had no symptoms, but remember the following:
  1. Just because you are young and healthy does not mean you cannot experience mild, moderate, or severe symptoms from COVID-19, even if you've allegedly already had it once asymptomatically.
  2. Antibody tests do have false positives, and it is entirely possible you never had COVID-19. The false positive rate of some antibody tests can actually be pretty high (approximately 20% of positive tests in some cases).
  3. The delta variant is increasingly affecting "young and healthy" people relative to previous strains.
  4. The best way to reduce your risk of getting COVID-19 and/or suffering severe symptoms is to get vaccinated as soon as possible.
  5. Even if you allegedly had COVID-19 asymptomatically, I will forever picture Jimbo from South Park whenever you spew anti-vax nonsense. You should just embrace it and make him your avatar.

D

Deleted User

1. a vaccine can help with additional strains.
2. A covid 19 vaccine also means that if additional strains pop up, and that vaccine is effective, your odds of spreading that new strain to others is significantly reduced. which covid is a numbers game. Spread to as many people as possible, which also means every person, the immune deficient, those who have a comorbidity, and those who have weaker immune systems, you are putting all of them at risk, because YOU don't want to get a vaccine.
I hate needles, I hate masks. I find it stupid, that out of all my peers, it's the neurotypical people that are bitching and whining about masks. Meanwhile I'm part of the group who mentally responds worse to that kind of shit. Or at least should on damn paper ffs. But I still do my responsibility for others.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also further more, we might have to go wearing masks again, because your dumbasses decided to keep letting it spread and mutate. Which is just greaaaaat.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People change their mind on what to eat for breakfast or what shoes to wear, they do not change their fundamental beliefs routinely on whim. The majority of those who are not getting vaccinated are making that choice based on a fundamental distrust of Government and pharmaceutical industry.

No one is waking up tomorrow and deciding "Gee, yesterday this situation was rife with censorship, lies, institutional deception and malice but they really cleaned their act up".
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ovid-surge-leads-uptick-vaccinations-n1274780

Tell me again a significant number of unvaccinated people aren't changing their minds.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is nothing about progressive immigration policies that is "poor public health policy." What have I said that was inconsistent?

Allowing undocumented foreign nationals un-monitored, unfettered free reign to travel anywhere they like no questions asked when we have travel restrictions, quarantines, testing requirements & contacting tracing for citizens is inconsistent to the point of hypocrisy.

You have taken countless jibes at the right flaunting mask mandates, gathering etc. When the left is exposed doing so you take the gold in mental gymnastics explaining the situation.

I will forever picture Jimbo from South Park whenever you spew anti-vax nonsense. You should just embrace it and make him your avatar.

Terry Alan Crews is a role model in every aspect of his life. He promotes mental and physical health and is a paragon of character which everyone should emulate. Beyond that he is the single most underrated and under appreciated comedic actor of a generation.

He has always been my avatar and always will be. But more than that he is my spirit animal.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Tell me again a significant number of unvaccinated people aren't changing their minds.

Well Holy fuck a fluff piece from Springfield Missouri, Pandemic over.

Reactions: zfreeman

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Allowing undocumented foreign nationals un-monitored, unfettered free reign to travel anywhere they like no questions asked when we have travel restrictions, quarantines, testing requirements & contacting tracing for citizens is inconsistent to the point of hypocrisy.

You have taken countless jibes at the right flaunting mask mandates, gathering etc. When the left is exposed doing so you take the gold in mental gymnastics explaining the situation.

Terry Alan Crews is a role model in every aspect of his life. He promotes mental and physical health and is a paragon of character which everyone should emulate. Beyond that he is the single most underrated and under appreciated comedic actor of a generation.

He has always been my avatar and always will be. But more than that he is my spirit animal.
He was funny in white chicks

And is a pc gamer. Jayztwocents built him an old spice pc. He is great I'll give you that.

Reactions: jimbo13

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are plenty of businesses that will let anyone in regardless of vaccination status so I'm not worried there.

Then I expect to not hear you crying about how your freedoms are being violated, becasue it all applies to pretty much everything. Not just businesses. You're obviously worried about things quite a bit, or you wouldn't be here peddling your bullshit sob story to begin with.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Do you think COVID-19 testing, quarantining, etc. isn't happening to migrants at the border?
  2. Last I checked, the COVID-19 positivity rate at the border was lower than the positive rate of the states many were migrating into.
I haven't condoned "flaunting" COVID-19 mitigation strategies, and I'm unaware of anyone on the political left who has.

Based on this quote from him below, I don't think he'd approve of your anti-vax comments.
VACCINATED.
So glad to see the light at the end of the tunnel, and thankful for the health care workers, doctors and military worldwide who went to work together to find a solution to this horrible sickness. So much disinformation around this vaccine- but this I know, no vaccine or medicine is 100% safe, but both science and faith work together to heal and protect us. Please get your vaccine while you can... the alternative is just too horrendous to contemplate. It’s really about all of us.

Well Holy fuck a fluff piece from Springfield Missouri, Pandemic over.
If the best response to proof that you were wrong about the unvaccinated changing their minds at this point to get vaccinated is to shout "fluff piece" and run away, I think I'm okay with that.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny how the vaccine is losing steam to rile up the base.. With so many republican lawmakers publiclly taking the vaccine and even FOX New Forcing a Covid Vaccine passport
60f5dd2c9addaf00191eade8

now who wants to tell jumbo and twobitmaster, they need to change their postions in about a week or two with the other "research parrots"

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Based on this quote from him below, I don't think he'd approve of your anti-vax comments.

If the best response to proof that you were wrong about the unvaccinated changing their minds at this point to get vaccinated is to shout "fluff piece" and run away, I think I'm okay with that.

I've said little of anything criticizing the vaccine in of itself, my comments generally center on the hypocrisy I see in policy and behavior.

I don't put man made substances in my body period. I don't drink liquor, smoke and with rare exceptions I grow and harvest my own food. Everything that enters my body I can trace to the earth. I have never had a vaccination in my life and I wont be starting now.

I support Terry's choice to get the vaccine or anyone else. I don't have to agree with every choice he makes. I admire plenty of people I have disagreements with not that I condemn his choice to do so or not.

Last edited by jimbo13,

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then I expect to not hear you crying about how your freedoms are being violated, becasue it all applies to pretty much everything. Not just businesses. You're obviously worried about things quite a bit, or you wouldn't be here peddling your bullshit sob story to begin with.
Which sob story? All I'm say is vaccination is and should be a choice. I'm not telling anyone not to take it, but you can't force people. It seems other people are worried about people not being forced to take shit they don't want to so I don't know what you're talking about.

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've said little of anything criticizing the vaccine in of itself, my comments generally center on the hypocrisy I see in policy and behavior.

I don't put man made substances in my body period. I don't drink liquor, smoke and with rare exceptions I grow and harvest my own food. Everything that enters my body I can trace to the earth. I have never had a vaccination in my life and I wont be starting now.

I support Terry's choice to get the vaccine or anyone else. I don't have to agree with every choice he makes. I admire plenty of people I have disagreements with not that I condemn his choice to do so or not.

I suppose if every day that isn't a vacation allows you the time to troll-post all over this place, you must be doing well enough to ignore the social ails of the world around you. Why bother developing empathy when you can suck on your silver spoon and hoard your wealth and have your bubble circle jerk you into an unfounded sense of self confidence? Yeesh... disgusting...

If he doesn't have a problem with the vaccine, and his only qualm is the government softly encouraging folk to get it, then this has to just be trolling at this point. There isn't even a counter-argument to getting the vaccine anymore, it has just devolved into "My body, my right!" Which... gods... sounds really familiar... like another argument that the right takes the other direction... oh, I forgot, women AND minorities don't count as people to these jackals.

Rustygx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
VAERS Covid Vaccine Death Reporting shows 5,310 (I just went through myself and got 5,310).
There were research studies done prior to Covid to track how many drug/vaccine injuries get reported to VAERS and the range they came up with is 0.3%-1%. Consider the implications of simple data extrapolation on these numbers. It's quite insane.

Furthermore, here's my common sense basic risk/reward analysis:

If I take it can I still get Covid? Yes.
If I take it can I still spread Covid? Yes.
If I take it do I still have to wear a face diaper? Yes.
If I take it and I am injured is the manufacturer liable? No.

Whether you want to admit it or not, things are extremely fishy. Let's not even get started on the economic side of this and how economic warning lights began to go off late 2019 due to interbank lending rate (REPO).

Edit: Without getting into other important points, I'd also like to mention that others have gotten 9,000-12,000 deaths result from the VAERS website (it's not very user friendly) and there is a new lawsuit alleging 45,000 deaths IN 3 DAYS being covered up by VAERS (i.e. the claim is not all submissions being published)

Last edited by Rustygx,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: imagine not having hands, cringe +1