• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Covid-19 vaccine

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 500 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 245 32.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
now stop and think WHY those restrictions are in place and why YOU rather bitch and moan about them than get vaccinated

....and tell me please WHY should I get (must) vaccinated ? I am well and healthy.
And vaccinated People are also still Carriers. When will the World finally get that !

So whats the Point to MUST get Vaccinated ?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
....and tell me please WHY should I get (must) vaccinated ? I am well and healthy.
And vaccinated People are also still Carriers. When will the World finally get that !

The vaccine makes it a lot less likely that you will contract COVID-19, which means you're a lot less likely to spread it to others. Even if there's a breakthrough infection and you contract COVID-19 after being fully vaccinated, your viral load will likely be a lot lower, and you will still be a lot less likely to spread it to other people. Even if you are young and healthy, you can still catch and spread the disease. That's why there's a moral imperative to be vaccinated.

As for selfish reasons to be vaccinated, you're less likely to contract COVID-19, and it makes you significantly less likely to suffer serious symptoms, hospitalization, or death if you have a breakthrough infection. Even if you are young and healthy, you can still catch the disease, and you don't know how bad it will be. There are plenty of people who are young, healthy, and unvaccinated who are contracting the disease, getting hospitalized, and even dying from it. Your odds of contracting COVID-19 and suffering severe symptoms are much higher than the odds of any negative effects associated with the vaccine.

Reactions: Alexander1970

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maskenpflicht
- Impfzwang mittlerweile am Abeitsplatz
- Einschränkungen als Nichtgeimpfter in JEDEM Bereich (Veranstaltungen,kulturelle Einrichtungen,öffentliche Einrichtungen wie Strand/See,Cafe,Restaurants,Nachtklub/Disco/Konzerte und so weiter).
- Ohne Test kein Zutritt -ausser zu Geschäften des täglichen Bedarfs.

Und jetz erzähl mir mal was von Rechte und keine Einschränkungen.....

Translation:

- Mask requirement
- Compulsory vaccination meanwhile at the workplace
- Restrictions as a non-vaccinated person in EVERY area (events, cultural institutions, public facilities such as beach / lake, cafe, restaurants, night club / disco / concerts and so on).
- No access without a test - except for shops for daily needs.

And now tell me something about rights and no restrictions .....

Clap clap on editing for the translation. However, none of those are rights that have been taken away from you.

- You still have the right to choose to not wear a mask
- You still have the right to choose not to take the vaccination
- You still have the right to show up at those places and try to enter. They have the right as the business owner to not allow you inside. Again, no rights being violated here.
- See the last point. Because you chose to not follow the rules, does not mean your rights were violated. You're free to walk right in regardless if they try to, or do, prevent you.

Quit crying because of your own choices. You're 100% free to to whatever you like. The right to enact upon your freedoms does not equate freedom from consequence. Period. Tell your boss to go fuck themself and spit in their face, when you get fired does that mean your freedoms and rights were taken away? Nope, you freely did and said exactly what you wanted. Face the consequence.

This is on you. No one else. Time to suck it up, buttercup. And learn about accountability.

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

because it doesnt matter if youre well and healthy, you can still get seriously ill from it. the chance of infecting other people diminishes greatly when youre vaccinated, as does the potential seriousness of the illness. because of stubborn people like you all of us have to live with covid way longer than we need to, and thats something YOU dont get

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
"Swimming with the Mass" is much,much easier,well ?

Take him down,the Vaccine Refuser....:lol:

Na,it is ok.you all have your Opinion (ONE Opinion).

Finally I got it.^_^

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- Mask requirement
- Compulsory vaccination meanwhile at the workplace
- Restrictions as a non-vaccinated person in EVERY area (events, cultural institutions, public facilities such as beach / lake, cafe, restaurants, night club / disco / concerts and so on).
- No access without a test - except for shops for daily needs.

And now tell me something about rights and no restrictions .....
In most societies, there are certain rights you don't have if you want to go out in public. You have to wear clothes, you can't violently assault people, you can't engage in lewd behavior, you have to wear seatbelts if you're on the road, you have to follow speed limits if you're on the road, you can't cross the street as a pedestrian in certain locations, etc. These laws are in the public's interest, and COVID-19 mitigations like mask-wearing are also in the public's interest.

In the United States, if you're vaccinated, you can get some of those freedoms (like not having to wear a mask) back.

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Swimming with the Mass" is much,much easier,well ?

Take him down,the Vaccine Refuser....:lol:

Na,it is ok.you all have your Opinion (ONE Opinion).

Finally I got it.^_^

You seem to be confusing rights and privileges. You actually don't have the right to go swimming anywhere you wish, and if the public decides you're toxic (ha, see what I did there?) and doesn't want you to swim on public property until you fix that, well... It wasn't your property to begin with. Sorry to hear you aren't enjoying the virus, but as a society, smarter folk have a good plan to fix it for everyone!

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the standards of people who like people and facts. Y'know, since all the science and history shows that vaccines keep you and your fellow man safe when used in large enough numbers.
By just about everybody's standards, including yours.
Ya'll don't speak for everyone.

So for the right it's all about your freedoms, correct? You have the RIGHT to not be vaccinated? And people should respect those rights, correct? Okay. But remember other people have rights too. Business owners have the right to not allow you into their business because you are not vaccinated.... respect their right. I don't want to hear the non-vaccinated complaining about it when it happens.
There are plenty of businesses that will let anyone in regardless of vaccination status so I'm not worried there.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya'll don't speak for everyone.
I didn't claim to speak for everyone, but if you and I agree that we care about the lives of those around us, then you also agree there is a moral imperative to get vaccinated.

As I said in a previous post, the vaccine makes it a lot less likely that you will contract COVID-19, which means you're a lot less likely to spread it to others. Even if there's a breakthrough infection and you contract COVID-19 after being fully vaccinated, your viral load will likely be a lot lower, and you will still be a lot less likely to spread it to other people.

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't claim to speak for everyone, but if you and I agree that we care about the lives of those around us, then you also agree there is a moral imperative to get vaccinated.

As I said in a previous post, the vaccine makes it a lot less likely that you will contract COVID-19, which means you're a lot less likely to spread it to others. Even if there's a breakthrough infection and you contract COVID-19 after being fully vaccinated, your viral load will likely be a lot lower, and you will still be a lot less likely to spread it to other people.

But it seems to be happening more than not, even though Mr. Biden said if you take the vaccine you won't get the virus.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But it seems to be happening more than not, even though Mr. Biden said if you take the vaccine you won't get the virus.
The odds of a breakthrough infection are unlikely, but they're significant. For vaccines that are 80-95% effective, you are going to get a lot of breakthrough infections in a population of 333 million people, particularly when a lot of Americans are unvaccinated and spreading the disease like wildfire. If we want to reduce the rate of breakthrough infections, we need to get more people vaccinated.

As I also said in previous posts, the vaccines make you sigifnicantly less likely to contract COVID-19, and they make you significantly less likely to suffer serious symptoms, hospitalization, or death if you have a breakthrough infection.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
particularly when a lot of Americans are unvaccinated and spreading the disease like wildfire. If we want to reduce the rate of breakthrough infections, we need to get more people vaccinated.

If there was this "grand moral imperative" from the government to stop Covid from spreading they would address the 150K undocumented, untested illegal aliens entering our heavily populated border states every month. Lot of recycled air with 50 people crammed in to the back of a U-haul or living in a warehouse labor camp as is often the practice.

We aren't going to have significant increases in vaccination rates, it's been available. Everyone is aware of Covid, vaccine availability etc and has made up their mind.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there was this "grand moral imperative" from the government to stop Covid from spreading they would address the 150K undocumented, untested illegal aliens entering our heavily populated border states every month. Lot of recycled air with 50 people crammed in to the back of a U-haul or living in a warehouse labor camp as is often the practice.

We aren't going to have significant increases in vaccination rates, it's been available. Everyone is aware of Covid, vaccine availability etc and has made up their mind.
The problem isn't undocumented immigrants. It's the tens of millions of Americans who are already in this country who willfully won't get vaccinated.

The disease is already here. It doesn't have to be brought over.

Edit: As for making up their minds, people change their minds everyday, particularly the families of unvaccinated people who go to the hospital and/or die of COVID-19.

Last edited by Lacius,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
As I also said in previous posts
The only thing I've learned from this thread is that no matter how many times facts are restated, the same idiots are going to keep posting. I've also learned that the anti-vax/"freedom of choice" crowd still doesn't have evidence and still hasn't posted any proper sources. That being said, I appreciate you still trying to make sure these dunderheads have their bullshit called out and proper information is spread.

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem isn't undocumented immigrants. It's the tens of millions of Americans who are already in this country who willfully won't get vaccinated.

Edit: As for making up their minds, people change their minds everyday, particularly the families of unvaccinated people who go to the hospital and/or die of COVID-19.

In addition, if the immigration thing is really such a concern... a more humanitarian border approach during covid could be set up, but tbh as someone who lives in the most heavily populated border state, illegal immigrants really aren't half as big a problem as the homeless population (which is not dominantly immigrant and contains a terrifying fraction of us veterans) and other failures of the administrations of the past few... well, ever really, but mostly this millennium.

Last edited by Dakitten,

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That's on par with saying "It's already on fire, who cares if I throw gas at it".

150K untested migrants pouring in and living/traveling in confined quarters targeting population centers is unacceptable during a pandemic and wildly inconsistent with restrictions that were placed on Americans.

People change their mind on what to eat for breakfast or what shoes to wear, they do not change their fundamental beliefs routinely on whim. The majority of those who are not getting vaccinated are making that choice based on a fundamental distrust of Government and pharmaceutical industry.

No one is waking up tomorrow and deciding "Gee, yesterday this situation was rife with censorship, lies, institutional deception and malice but they really cleaned their act up".

Last edited by jimbo13,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: If you wanna commit suicide just drink prime