Homebrew Coverflow DS (New project)

toxicflash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
spinal_cord said:
toxicflash said:
no probs at all, loads super quick all the time, every time, its only flickers for a tiny split second for me, my only concern is , is it App doing any harm to my cart? if not then im more than happy with DScovered , great bit of homebrew!

It's fine, it probably does that on most peoples cards, it does it on all of mine. I just assume its something to do with the way the 3d textures are updated to the screen., plus the covers do overlap, so there are probably priority issues also. Nothing to worry about though.

In that case, WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! great bit of homebrew!!! congrats! and cant wait till next update!

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
The Pink Cat Boy said:
I was wondering if there was away the programs through Ubuntu Linux?
I got it working in mint and ubuntu by installing .net 2.0 usign winetricks. Mono didn't work right for some reason. Also had to make /media// mounted as floppy drive throught wine settings.
Only problem is that all custom covers you load trought app they go black
mellow.gif

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario92 said:
The Pink Cat Boy said:
I got it working in mint and ubuntu by installing .net 2.0 usign winetricks. Mono didn't work right for some reason. Also had to make /media// mounted as floppy drive throught wine settings.
mellow.gif
Why mess around? Just get an old HDD and throw a copy of XP at it. And set up lilo or grub to dual boot. You can't be that against windoze.

joybeba6679

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone lost his microSD card after trying this? I found this today, tried lasted version and it wasnt dldi patched, so I saw a tut in this thread with a patched version, used and it booted fine first time, but now that I want to add covers it gives me an sd/tf error and the card seems to be fuucked, anyone knows if this can be fixed?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Can't be bothered going through 57 pages to see if this has been suggested before but......

Any plans of adding a ROM manager into the (PC) program ???

What I mean is - have a button on the screen for 'ROM manager'
- which when clicked allows you to browse to a PC directory where you've stored all your ROMs/Homebrew

The program will list all the ROM's it finds there
- perhaps colour code them depending if a cover is found for it or not (e.g. RED - No Cover Found, Blue - Cover Found)

You select the (multiple) ROMS you want to transfer

Click a button e.g. [Transfer to Card]
Browse to the directory you want to save them in, click [OK]
- it will then copy the ROMs/Homebrew over to the Micro SD & AT THE SAME TIME copy the relevant covers (if applicable) over as well

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
Mantis41 said:
Mario92 said:
The Pink Cat Boy said:
mellow.gif

Why mess around? Just get an old HDD and throw a copy of XP at it. And set up lilo or grub to dual boot. You can't be that against windoze.
Well you are right but when I'm on my linux laptop I prefer only 1 OS and it works good enought throught wine (+ some other programs needs .net 2.0, too). Also legal XP costs money
rolleyes.gif

Virtualbox should do the same trick as old HDD.

QUOTE(CannonFoddr @ Apr 1 2010, 11:21 AM)
Can't be bothered going through 57 pages to see if this has been suggested before but......

Any plans of adding a ROM manager into the (PC) program ???

What I mean is - have a button on the screen for 'ROM manager'
- which when clicked allows you to browse to a PC directory where you've stored all your ROMs/Homebrew

The program will list all the ROM's it finds there
- perhaps colour code them depending if a cover is found for it or not (e.g. RED - No Cover Found, Blue - Cover Found)

You select the (multiple) ROMS you want to transfer

Click a button e.g. [Transfer to Card]
Browse to the directory you want to save them in, click [OK]
- it will then copy the ROMs/Homebrew over to the Micro SD & AT THE SAME TIME copy the relevant covers (if applicable) over as well
Maybe some trimmer plugin to select roms, remove rom number from front, trim them and send them to cards game folder?
Color idea was good but maybe it would be better to just italisize those roms which doesn't have cover?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Mantis41 said:
Mario92 said:
The Pink Cat Boy said:
mellow.gif

I have XP on my computer as well, I keep getting an error every time I try to run the program.
QUOTE(Mario92 @ Apr 1 2010, 02:15 AM) QUOTE(The Pink Cat Boy @ Apr 1 2010, 02:12 AM)
mellow.gif
Thanks, I will give it a try once I get home from school

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Pink Cat Boy said:
I have XP on my computer as well, I keep getting an error every time I try to run the program.
Could be the .net frameworks need updating. Not sure which version dscovery uses.

I have also had the program stop working because I had created an invalid dat file in the data directory on the PC.
And again when I had a corrupted ROM on the SD card.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Mantis41 said:
The Pink Cat Boy said:
Could be the .net frameworks need updating. Not sure which version dscovery uses.

I have also had the program stop working because I had created an invalid dat file in the data directory on the PC.
That might be it, I only installed the Windows XP because I couldn't figure out how to use .bat files in Ubuntu Linux

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
The Pink Cat Boy said:
Mantis41 said:
The Pink Cat Boy said:

That might be it, I only installed the Windows XP because I couldn't figure out how to use .bat files in Ubuntu Linux

.. you don't need a .bat file for dscoverey to work
blink.gif

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
spinal_cord said:
The Pink Cat Boy said:
Mantis41 said:
The Pink Cat Boy said:

.. you don't need a .bat file for dscoverey to work
blink.gif
That statement was totally unrelated to this.
I installed just Windows XP, it's a junk copy, but I use it because the updates for the Quad-Boots require .bat files and those don't run on Ubuntu

obito

I can have a title?! :O
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
obito said:
ahhhh fuck.

can't get it to work. it seems so cool though.

when i load it up all that appears is purple on the top screen with options, set as favourite etc and the bottom is just black.

what am I missing?

help?

joybeba6679

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might look cool but I lost my 2GB card, dont risk yours, I also read somewhere that this corrupts cards, maybe its true, maybe not, but mine died after trying this...

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
Xenon++ said:
So if the .bat only executes some commands, only renaming to .sh will work.
Anyway vbs cannot be used in Linux, sad.
Sometimes this helps a lot and sometimes not:
http://tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/dosbatch.html

obito said:
QUOTE(obito @ Mar 29 2010, 07:03 PM) ahhhh fuck.

when i load it up all that appears is purple on the top screen with options, set as favourite etc and the bottom is just black.

what am I missing?

help?
Maybe reading install instructions will help. Copying the DS folder to card root and then executing DScovery.exe from WIN folder helps?
closedeyes.gif

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
joybeba6679 said:
I might look cool but I lost my 2GB card, dont risk yours, I also read somewhere that this corrupts cards, maybe its true, maybe not, but mine died after trying this...
WTF
wtf.gif

I think your card was on the way out and writing the extra data to it was enough to push it over the edge.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
obito said:
obito said:
ahhhh fuck.

what am I missing?

help?
You using r4, YSMENU?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    mthrnite @ mthrnite: I want it