Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
pesaroso said:
The covers.. How do I convert them? What I did, is that I DL'd i.e. Warioware DIY's cover, and saved it as UORJ.bmp in the covers-folder. Just refreshed the program, and it was there as a cover, it had the purple strips and everything. Do I need to do more? Update the inf-file etc?
Btw; What's the most easy way for me to return to AKAIO if I want to launch moonshell for example? Just hold B when selecting a game, or is there another shortcut?

Cheers!

Why oh why oh why oh why do people insist on converting the covers by hand??!?!?!?!?!?!
Just click the BROWSE button under the cover image and select your new cover. It will do the converting for you, not only that, it will get the format perfect! I spent a lot of time on that specific part or the program and people insist on trying to do it for themselves the hard way.

I'll say it again...

Click [BROWSE], select your image, wait a couple of seconds. There you go, your game now has a new cover.

As for returning to akaio...

If you have akaio names as akmenu.nds (which you should if you're using DScovered) just add it to your list in DScovery.exe and set your options (on the ds) to load homebrew through the external loader. Now when you load akmenu.nds, the loader_akaio.nds will detect that it is akmenu that you are loading and remove the autoboot option, so akaio will load into its menu.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spinal_cord said:
Can any original R4 users try my install guide, to make sure I got it right?
R4 partially working.

- _DS_MENU.DAT not patched in latest DScovered download
- save bug is back, can't remeber how we fixed that in my other build. Think it was a new YS loader.
- Bowsers inside story stuck on choose save screen. I have had this bug come and go with different versions and builds of YSmenu. I can't remeber how to fix it at the moment.
- Probably should mention updating the savlib.dat, extinfo.dat and infolib.dat files
- need to mention changing the loader in settings to YSmenu.
- Do we still need to disable soft-reset or load external when using the r4?
- need to edit the YSMENU.INI to literals = ENG

rezo247

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance we can get this working on the M3i Zero. I can get it to partially load on M3 Sakura 1.47 by running akmenu from the root of the SD card. THe top pane options are functional. I can see Launch Game, Set as Favorite, Settings and Credits. I can menu down through those items, but I can't get it to load games. I imagine it's just a tweak, but I'm not sure. Anyone had any luck with this. I love the Coverflow for my WII and would love to get this working for my DSi on the M3i0.

Rezo

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spinal, The instructions below work perfectly for my R4.

New version should also work with the following games on R4.
BW7P - 7 Wonders II (E)
UORE - WarioWare (U)
CS3E - Sonic and Sega All Star Racing (U)
CS3P - Sonic and Sega All Star Racing (E)

Keep up to date for new game fixes for the R4 at the following thread

I have tested working with CS3E - Sonic and Sega All Star Racing (U). Also Bowsers inside story working for me again.

1) download Unofficial R4YSauto + DSTT v1.17... 30/03/10
2) Unzip contents into temp folder
3) download YSmenu (seach page for DS(T_T)DS)
4) rename zip file to YSMenu0903270000.zip
5) copy YSMenu0903270000.zip to temp folder created in step 2
6) run R4.bat from temp folder. Choose the following options (EN, R4, press [ENTER], yes, EN, 1)
7) R4_custom_English.zip will now be created in temp folder
8) unzip contents of R4_custom_English.zip and copy to SD card.
9) Move the following files from SD:/TTmenu to SD:/ - (r4dldi.dat, r4patch.dat, YSMenu.ini). **Move do not copy**
10) unzip ysmenu.nds from YSMenu0903270000.zip in temp folder and copy to SD:/
11) download dscovered
12) unzip DS portion of DScovered and copy to SD:/ Overwrite any files.
13) download fixed _DS_MENU.DAT and copy to SD:/ Overwrite any files
14) run DScovery.exe as per Spinals instructions.
15) run up DS (should see cover flow)
16) choose settings and disable Soft_Reset and Load from External and change laoder to Loader_YSmenu. Click done.

everything should work on the R4.

Edit: When copying over games remember to rename .SAV to .sav
Edit2: Just confirmed Warioware D.I.Y working well using above method. (need to wait for about 30secs on first boot as it requires a 32MB or 256Mb save to be created.)
nds.gif

alo123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi i am new to this could someone give me instructions on how to set this up on
acekard 2i because I can not get this to work

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dark^'^Knight said:
....is it common for a glitch in the bottom screen to occur when 'flicking' through covers? ie. a black horizontal line flickers momentarily through the middle of the screen as you change from cover to cover.
Sad when you have to quote yourself! Anyway, does anyone have the same occur with their install of DSCovered?
I just don't like the way it glitches, it worries me a little bit that the brew might be doing something to the cart, it shouldn't.

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
does DSCovery screw this up or something because i had used it before, and it loaded fine; then i updated it with the dscovery program again and now when i load dscovered, when i load a game it boots into ysmenu and i have to boot the games from ysmenu. i don't get why this happened because the only files i changed were the covers and i used DSCovery for that.
fyi: using R4 Original

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gameguy95 said:
does DSCovery screw this up or something because i had used it before, and it loaded fine; then i updated it with the dscovery program again and now when i load dscovered, when i load a game it boots into ysmenu and i have to boot the games from ysmenu. i don't get why this happened because the only files i changed were the covers and i used DSCovery for that.
fyi: using R4 Original
Make sure you have ysmenu.ini only in /
If you don't want to put ysmenu.ini in root, try extlink wrapper with my inilink(formerly yslaunch).

bjmira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Mantis41 said:
Spinal, The instructions below work perfectly for my R4.

New version should also work with the following games on R4.
BW7P - 7 Wonders II (E)
UORE - WarioWare (U)
CS3E - Sonic and Sega All Star Racing (U)
CS3P - Sonic and Sega All Star Racing (E)

Keep up to date for new game fixes for the R4 at the following thread

I have tested working with CS3E - Sonic and Sega All Star Racing (U). Also Bowsers inside story working for me again.

1) download Unofficial R4YSauto + DSTT v1.17... 30/03/10
2) Unzip contents into temp folder
3) download YSmenu (seach page for DS(T_T)DS)
4) rename zip file to YSMenu0903270000.zip
5) copy YSMenu0903270000.zip to temp folder created in step 2
6) run R4.bat from temp folder. Choose the following options (EN, R4, press [ENTER], yes, EN, 1)
7) R4_custom_English.zip will now be created in temp folder
8) unzip contents of R4_custom_English.zip and copy to SD card.
9) Move the following files from SD:/TTmenu to SD:/ - (r4dldi.dat, r4patch.dat, YSMenu.ini). **Move do not copy**
10) unzip ysmenu.nds from YSMenu0903270000.zip in temp folder and copy to SD:/
11) download dscovered
12) unzip DS portion of DScovered and copy to SD:/ Overwrite any files.
13) download fixed _DS_MENU.DAT and copy to SD:/ Overwrite any files
14) run DScovery.exe as per Spinals instructions.
15) run up DS (should see cover flow)
16) choose settings and disable Soft_Reset and Load from External and change laoder to Loader_YSmenu. Click done.

everything should work on the R4.

Edit: When copying over games remember to rename .SAV to .sav
Edit2: Just confirmed Warioware D.I.Y working well using above method. (need to wait for about 30secs on first boot as it requires a 32MB or 256Mb save to be created.)
nds.gif
Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

toxicflash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dark^'^Knight said:
Dark^'^Knight said:
....is it common for a glitch in the bottom screen to occur when 'flicking' through covers? ie. a black horizontal line flickers momentarily through the middle of the screen as you change from cover to cover.
Sad when you have to quote yourself! Anyway, does anyone have the same occur with their install of DSCovered?
I just don't like the way it glitches, it worries me a little bit that the brew might be doing something to the cart, it shouldn't.

Tbh i thought it was me worrying about nothing but yeah now you mention it i get a black "Flicking" just above halfway in the bottom screen and yeah now you got me worrying that everything is ok regarding the cart its self , im running AK2i with AKaio RC2 ive tried previous builds and the "Flicking" is still visable in all of them.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
toxicflash said:
Dark^'^Knight said:
Dark^'^Knight said:

Tbh i thought it was me worrying about nothing but yeah now you mention it i get a black "Flicking" just above halfway in the bottom screen and yeah now you got me worrying that everything is ok regarding the cart its self , im running AK2i with AKaio RC2 ive tried previous builds and the "Flicking" is still visable in all of them.
Possibly a very slow SD card or dodgey AK2. Do you have any troubles with games?

toxicflash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
no probs at all, loads super quick all the time, every time, its only flickers for a tiny split second for me, my only concern is , is it App doing any harm to my cart? if not then im more than happy with DScovered , great bit of homebrew!

zulu12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
toxicflash said:
no probs at all, loads super quick all the time, every time, its only flickers for a tiny split second for me, my only concern is , is it App doing any harm to my cart? if not then im more than happy with DScovered , great bit of homebrew!

I have the same problem. However, I find the solution for it. If you have a long display name for your ROM then you will get the flicker on the screen. I change my to short file name and it go away.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
toxicflash said:

It's fine, it probably does that on most peoples cards, it does it on all of mine. I just assume its something to do with the way the 3d textures are updated to the screen., plus the covers do overlap, so there are probably priority issues also. Nothing to worry about though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Good price. I like XFX graphics cards.