Hacking Coverflow demo

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bar none the best loader available in my eyes. Simple, yet perfect in every way. You almost want to sit in the loader and look at boxart rather than load games! (almost I said!)
smile.gif
Thanks for this Hibern. Looking forward to future updates.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
j0k3r said:
whats better, is it better to use cIOS rev.10 for this Lader, or better using cIOS 13b for this. When rev. 10 is better, how can I deinstall the cIOS rev. 13b thing, and install rev. 10 back again ???

As stated above, rev10 is where you should stay. 13 is not even an option for me as it is extremely annoying to have to reboot the Wii just to load a new game...bah.

mikejacobs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
is hibern working on the next revision?
it's very glitchy at the moment and many games refuse to load.
and even games that were used to load fine don't work anymore.. i haven't changed any cios or installed anything new.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
strange.
i'm on cIOS10 and everything is runnig fine for me , i have 36 games and they all load fine.
and i'm using wiiflow for 2 weeks now , without any issue.

are you on cIOS13 ?

Pegasos123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i have cios 13

the only i have to do ...to go back to cios10 ...is to install cios 10
over cios 13 and it will overwrite cios 13 ?!

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
mikejacobs said:
is hibern working on the next revision?
it's very glitchy at the moment and many games refuse to load.
and even games that were used to load fine don't work anymore.. i haven't changed any cios or installed anything new.

Hibern has very little time to continue work on this project. So development will be a bit slow, if you compare it to the other loaders. Hibern is still doing his best, but some things are just more important.

BustedFly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello,

On his side, since there are now beta 2 for download. Unfortunately, this is encrypted with a password. Someone knows this?

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
kedest said:
Hibern has very little time to continue work on this project. So development will be a bit slow, if you compare it to the other loaders. Hibern is still doing his best, but some things are just more important.

yes , i agree with this , be patient !!!
Hibern has some exams to do , school is much more important than homebrew coding
wink.gif

Hibern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I would like some people to test the current version.
So here it is, but i've added a password, which is manybugs, just to remind you what you may encounter.
I haven't had time to test it, nobody else has tested it, so it might have serious bugs.

It now works on rev9, the one i'm using now.

I've changed the data path, it's SD:/wiiflow.
Don't be surprised if it's really slow the first time you load it, as it will build the texture cache for covers.
I really recommend compressed covers until a faster version of libfat is released. You can compress the cache too (through loader.ini, a lossless compression on disk this time), but it may lag a little.

Another change is titles.ini, which is very similar to titles.txt but supports UTF-8 (why not use localized titles?)
You will be able to download missing titles without overwriting your own changes.

Now, for theme makers, as i really appreciate their work:

First, rename the "theme.ini" file and the "theme" folder.
They should have the same name, except for the extension. (.ini)

Then move them to SD:/wiiflow/themes/

You'll be able to switch themes from the settings menu (page 5)

New things to customize:
Code:
[_COVERFLOW]
# Cover color at each end of the flow (#RRGGBBAA)
color_end=#FFFFFF3F
# Cover color when another one is selected using the wiimote pointer
color_off=#FFFFFF7F
# Mirror effect opacity (from 0 to 1)
mirror_alpha=0.2
title_mirror_alpha=0.2

# Invisible rectangles the user should point at to make buttons appear
# w means width, h means height
[MAIN/ZONES]
buttons_h=162
buttons_w=704
buttons_x=-32
buttons_y=350
next_h=382
next_w=182
next_x=490
next_y=-32
prev_h=382
prev_w=182
prev_x=-32
prev_y=-32

# You can add pictures (icons & backgrounds for example)
# Simply add [MENU_NAME/USER#], where # is a number between 1 and 4
# Note: [MAIN/USER1] is different from the others as it is the only one which will be hidden according to [MAIN/ZONES]buttons_*
# Example :
[MAIN/USER1]
background_texture=my_pic.png
effect_scale_x=1
effect_scale_y=-1
effect_x=0
effect_y=0
height=80
width=80
x=20
y=20

To those who asked for the ability to hide titles, simply change the title color to #FFFFFF00 (alpha = 0).

Now, there are several things i can't test myself, like the fixes by WiiPower, so please someone tell me if they work.

I also apologize for losing the localizations, i would like to include as many languages as possible in the release.
So please everybody add your own language.
Don't forget you have to write in UTF-8 (and Ä does work, believe me), and please someone make a Chinese theme with a Chinese font, or a Japanese one.

Now what i miss in this loader is sounds, a good default theme (i will choose among the themes you make), and a good Wii-style channel.

Thanks for reading, here is the link : http://hibernatus34.free.fr/wii/WiiFlowBeta2.rar

Hibern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Benjay: i'm not a student, i have a work, but it does take me much time indeed, especially when i'm sent to another city for the week!

mikejacobs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
themes used to work fine with beta1 but now it won't work.
i renamed my theme.ini to blue.ini then renamed my theme folder to blue, then put both of them in sd:/wiiflow/themes folder.. they won't show up in the menu.

Scoobyscoobydoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the update Hibern.

Done some testing and found the following.

I installed cios rev13a and no games would load, I kept on getting the blue 002 screen error. Even with the 002 fix applied in the settings.

Went back to rev10 and all games work again apart from the new games like Ghostbusters and Indy which are 002b games.

I dont think the 002 fix is working correctly.

Also with rev13a the wii remote took ages to initalise in the loader, about 10 seconds, on rev10 it works straight away. With rev13a the blue lights on the remote kept on flashing for 10 seconds until a steady light came on and then the remote functioned.
Think this is a problem with the remote sync which may be due to rev13a, I know a couple of the other loaders had this same issue, think its fixed in rev13b but the latest games dont work with rev13b.

Ive gone back to rev10 with your beta2, the box images load alot faster now then beta1
smile.gif
and most things seem to be working fine, although ive got no themes to test this.

Hopefully the 002 fix can be sorted so the newer games can be played but for now i just wont play them and stick with your loader and its stable, fast, and looks great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol