Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
julio77 said:
no news ?
Hibern said:
OK, so here are the news...
The power adapter of my computer (a laptop) seems to be dead, so i'm on batteries and i'm browsing the web to find where i can buy a not-too-expensive replacement adapter.
So i think i finally won't have my computer for the week end, anyway i have other things to do.
Those were my news. Exciting, isn't it.
I don't understand why you are so impatient, it's just a simplistic and useless eye candy. I'd really like to make a nice app i could be proud of, but i've got other important things to do, and i prefer making something good but late instead of the opposite. Well you get my point...
Have a good week-end.
See the underlined, bolded part...
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(gitkua @ Apr 20 2009, 02:50 PM)
So Hibern, did you use the pictureflow widget/library? The one found here: http://code.google.com/p/pictureflow/
Why should he? As long as it works, there's no need to switch...and it looks like it works great, from what he posted
wink.gif
. Also that's not a Wii Library, porting it to Wii would eventually/for shure take longer than using the existing ones...just wait until he has his adaper, then he can read and also answer...
rolleyes.gif

gitkua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Blue-K said:
gitkua said:
So Hibern, did you use the pictureflow widget/library? The one found here: http://code.google.com/p/pictureflow/
Why should he? As long as it works, there's no need to switch...and it looks like it works great, from what he posted
wink.gif
. Also that's not a Wii Library, porting it to Wii would eventually/for shure take longer than using the existing ones...just wait until he has his adaper, then he can read and also answer...
rolleyes.gif
Stop with your rolleyes mister
wink.gif
I meant did he use that to compile his coverflow demo, I'm not suggesting he SHOULD use it, just wondering IF he used it, doh
rolleyes.gif

Hibern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've ordered a new adapter, i hope to receive it in 2 or 3 days.
Checking messages from work now.
I didn't use that lib, i've just guessed how it could be done, really not complicated. I've once developed a (bad) 2D physics engine, maybe it helped me in having the right approach on first try, though this demo actually doesn't behave like a physics engine at all.
Anyway, i've had a look at it, and it seems to be of the same kind, just better than mine of course, and i noticed the slow down of a cover almost reaching its position has been hardcoded, so i think i'll do the same to make it look better.
As soon as i can get back to the code, i may try to team up with some people (people i've already chosen) as i realize i may not have time and patience for the boring parts i don't master
smile.gif
, and i've received interesting offers.

gitkua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well the up and down motion your coverflow has adds a lot of "eyecandy", and the pictureflow thing doesnt have that... the slowdown, I guess you mean the easing, is already in you loader isn't it? I just thought I'd ask, because it looks a bit like your demo and is coded in c++, co maybe you used some of it...

I hope you and the people you'll team up with won't release sources untill it's finished... You should really guard the quality of your end product... cheers!

acecube

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think coverflow is great but i just found a video on youtube how coverflow should really look like. This is awesome!!!
I don't know wheter any launcher plans to integrate this, but this really is great. look for yourself!

To all the creators of usb launchers out there: Watch this video and implement that kind of coverflow to your work!

beez276

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
acecube said:
I think coverflow is great but i just found a video on youtube how coverflow should really look like. This is awesome!!!
I don't know wheter any launcher plans to integrate this, but this really is great. look for yourself!

To all the creators of usb launchers out there: Watch this video and implement that kind of coverflow to your work!
An idea - When the disc comes out of the case and you move pointer on the disc, the case would disappear and on the right Wii would appear. When you select the game the disc flies in the Wii.

Hibern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,
I still haven"t had any news about my adapter.
Anyway, i wanted to say i've tried CoolIris, and i think it would be very easy to make and it would really be suited to wiimote control.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hibern said:
Hello,
I still haven"t had any news about my adapter.
Anyway, i wanted to say i've tried CoolIris, and i think it would be very easy to make and it would really be suited to wiimote control.
Well, yes, but...for me (and I say only for me), CoolIris would make the most sense with displaying the Discbanners. I think it would possible to add a command to extract it while dumping, BUT (again): We're far away from displaying them correctly...

CoolIris is nice, maybe even nicer than Coverflow (a bit
wink.gif
), and we would already have the layout/graphics...but for me it requires a Video/Banner, and not a simple Pic/Cover...otherwise, it isn't that impressive...well, my two cents..
smile.gif
. Now back to Topic...

Btw: You know what's also impressive? Hibern that said this would be easy to code...imagine this guy would code longer for the Wii......
biggrin.gif
. Anyways, I'll still wait for Coverflow, doesn't matter how long it takes....I'll wait
smile.gif

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
displaying of banners could be integrated as soon as benzin is in a working state and got ported to the wii. yesterday i was idling in irc and squidman said he might port it to the wii as soon as it's working like it should on pc.

xomp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow this thread has dropped off the popularity list
frown.gif
I guess we need to keep with the gimpy loaders for awhile still
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

acecube

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
what do you think. how long does it take that the first loader with coverflow launches?
i downloaded a coverflow boot.dol (a little prog) which is possible to simulate coverflow of *.png covers which are stored on sd card. but this is just a graphical app and can't load a game. imo it could be integrated into a loader very quickly. but this doesn't happen?!
i also have read that there maybe some problems with sd reading speed, so that it's smarter to store cover pics on hdd for faster loading.
i'm also wondering about the silence at waninkokos blog. a few days ago there where updates twice a day...
does anyone knows more about that?

we all know it. coverflow will come. pleasant anticipation is the best joy, but for now we have to be patient ;-(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1