Hacking Coverflow demo

TheNewMouse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hibern is working on it, right now i'm just using the stock loader 1.5 (until i got uLoader today :-p)

no point messing with simulated cover flow and other stuff until its done, and done properly.

and Hibern seems to be the dude to implement this.

lets just let him be

although a new preview vid would be nice :-)

ToneEQ

Trophies
XP
Country
This looks much better and there are some greats ideas in this thread, keep up the good work! I would love to see this made and would defo use it all the time! I'm currently using USB Loader GUI-FX Alpha 2 as it's easy for the kids to use. But it's a pain to resize all the images to 224 pixels high just to get it to work!

maddoc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ToneEQ said:
This looks much better and there are some greats ideas in this thread, keep up the good work! I would love to see this made and would defo use it all the time! I'm currently using USB Loader GUI-FX Alpha 2 as it's easy for the kids to use. But it's a pain to resize all the images to 224 pixels high just to get it to work!

USB Loader GUI-FX was launched here on gbatemp, http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147262
It's now at version RC4!

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
According to Wiibrew, Benzin (the Banner Engine) is finished. Also they started on Laichzeit (why the hell did they use a german word
blink.gif
?), an API of Benzin, which could also be usefull...Don't know if it would be possible to make it work on the Wii, no Idea...just thought I let Hibern know this, maybe he finds this usefull...for his project(s) Colliris, Coverflow
tongue.gif

Still waiting patiently, I have time
smile.gif

gitkua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Aren't Benzin and Laichzeit windows tools? They allow you to make .bnr files I guess, but that would require manually making banners for each game? Would be cool though, a more animated preview instead of a boxart picture... Nothing new from Hibern?

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
gitkua said:
Aren't Benzin and Laichzeit windows tools? They allow you to make .bnr files I guess, but that would require manually making banners for each game? Would be cool though, a more animated preview instead of a boxart picture... Nothing new from Hibern?
yep, both tools are windows tools. a couple of days ago i was idleing in #hackerchannel on efnet and squidman said he might port it to the wii as soon as it's working properly.

atupac

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hibern said:
Hello,
I still haven"t had any news about my adapter.
Anyway, i wanted to say i've tried CoolIris, and i think it would be very easy to make and it would really be suited to wiimote control.

Very nice ! So you say tried the Cooliris for making "covers wall" ! (that's a challenge i've proposed to GRA-FX_Maddoc...becaus his idea was to already group images so it seemed very difficult for him...)

If so very easy then please send us image or video to see what it looks like!!

keep up

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
Let the man code in peace ffs. He will post when he's done, and that day will only be delayed by people begging ...

DragTom70

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
cdreams said:
Sorry who made this? I would like to add my background to it, I would remove the side images and only have the centre box placeholder, so when the game goes to the front it would look like an actual wii box, also with some other bits a and bobs.

Is it able to load a background I made if it's in the images folder. Also where is the dol for this if any?

BACKGROUND ? ? ?

Please leave it the way it is without those crappy 16-MIO-COLOR-AT-ONCE Background-images. There is no need for it.

And cdreams, your PS-skills are very very low, so please let this one for the pros. I think DK will help NullKill fix the code.

katrem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DragTom70 said:
BACKGROUND ? ? ?

Please leave it the way it is without those crappy 16-MIO-COLOR-AT-ONCE Background-images. There is no need for it.
Maybe you don't need it but not everybody likes the same thing. An option for a background doesn't hurt now does it?

Edit: to be clear: I personally don't need a background but I do think it would look nice if the covers would look like game cases although this is probably harder to do...

QUOTE(DragTom70 @ Apr 29 2009, 03:36 PM) And cdreams, your PS-skills are very very low, so please let this one for the pros. I think DK will help NullKill fix the code.
You were just this civil in cdream's coverflow thread, maybe you should work on your people-skills a bit ;-)

adam_the_1st

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DragTom70 said:
cdreams said:
Sorry who made this? I would like to add my background to it, I would remove the side images and only have the centre box placeholder, so when the game goes to the front it would look like an actual wii box, also with some other bits a and bobs.

Is it able to load a background I made if it's in the images folder. Also where is the dol for this if any?

BACKGROUND ? ? ?

And cdreams, your PS-skills are very very low, so please let this one for the pros. I think DK will help NullKill fix the code.
That is some pretty ignorant shit coming from a dude with 20 post and no real contribution anywhere on these forums, so STFU. How is cdreams supposed to refine his skills if he doesn't practice, I love seeing how ambitious cdreams is, and I personal enjoy his work. Dude has a pretty refined style, and from what I've seen, his work has continually gotten better from the time of his early skins for the original loaders (say...? two... three weeks ago?) If you can't contribute positively to these forums, than they have no place for you. Close you account or control your words, I hate seeing comments like yours.

Hibern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
cedwii said:
@Hibern,
toujours pas de chargeur?
Toujours en hibernation?
Quelques news feraient plaisir.
Merci.
Hadn't received it because it has been returned to sender, but i've been able to borrow one at my work. Should receive it today or tomorrow. I've been working on the loader for a few hours this weekend, so i'm still making slow progress. I currently have most functions done (GUI, cfg, loader itself etc.) but i still need time for this all to shape up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is pretty good