Hacking CoverFloader not working correctly

Sacohen9665

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I finally got my usb loader to recognize the drive, not sure how I did it, but I reloaded a bunch of stuff.

CoverFloader was working fine the other night, the m4 games I have were working properly, all the covers were installed and everything was great.

I added a new game from my PC the USB drive this morning and downloaded the covers and everything, then went to play the game (Grand Slam Tennis) a PAL version (I never tried a PAL game before and I don't know if that has anything to do with the problem I'm having).

Well Grand Slam Tennis seemed to load and then the TV went to Improper Mode or something like that like it wasn't accepting the PAL signal properly.

I rebooted the WIi and tried some of my other games and I get various results.

Virtual Tennis will try to load and then give me an 002 error, like I was trying to play it off a backup DVD.

Tournament Pool will try to load and then either hang at black screen or go back to the Home Brew Channel or the mennu depending if I launched CoverFloader from the forwader ot thru Home Brew.

Wario Shake will play sometime and sometimes it won't

Winter Sports plays fine.

I will get different result sometimes if I try to load them from a different USB loader like USB Loader GX.

All these games were working fine Tuesday Night.

This is very strange.

I deleted mu config file on my SD card for CoverFloader and even reformatted adn re-loaded the games on the USB drive.

Still the same issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
what do you have installed?
you shouldnt have any problem with usb loaders really if you did everything properly.

i use sys menu 4.0(4.1 works just the same)-update through nintendo
cios rev10
usb2 cios
bootmii(install this FIRST! will protect you)
beardface's usb loader

all the games you mentioned work on my wii with this setup.

...but... i have a PAL wii so also i take it you are NTSC wii, try forcing the video mode to your region or console default, this will fix some games that give you blue or black or green or pink screens of death.
also try turning on 002 fix for stopping 002 errors.

all these options are in beardface's coverflow loaders settings (bottom left)

hope that helps.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
i have already suggested that
wink.gif

Sacohen9665

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does CoverFloader have an Auto 002 fix, like Configurable Usb Loader or some of the others do?

GrandSlam Tennis play fine in Configurable USB Loader when it is forced to NTSC and has the 002 on.

I would like to use CoverFloader for everything though.

Jaz808

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In CoverFloader you set the fix for individual games after you select the game, and before you hit "Load", there is a Gear Icon in the top right corner

Rev10 = Anti 002
Rev13a = 002 Error
Rev13b = Anti 002

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
Sacohen9665 said:
Does CoverFloader have an Auto 002 fix, like Configurable Usb Loader or some of the others do?

GrandSlam Tennis play fine in Configurable USB Loader when it is forced to NTSC and has the 002 on.

I would like to use CoverFloader for everything though.

yes
you can set it per game like the previous comment suggests but you can also set it for the entire loader.
all config changes can also be saved so you never have to fiddle again once you have it working.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
i do not have a single game that has not worked in coverfloader.
all new games work fine and older games also fine.

best thing about this loader is graphics are fully configurable, so much fun playing with how it looks.
i really do love this loader, it makes my ps3 friends angry lol!

Sacohen9665

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks I'll try it when I get home.

lostdwarf said:
you can set it per game like the previous comment suggests but you can also set it for the entire loader.

Where do you do it for the entire loader, I didn't see that option. I have R6 by the way, that is the latest version correct?

QUOTE(lostdwarf @ Jul 24 2009, 04:41 AM) all config changes can also be saved so you never have to fiddle again once you have it working.

I also didn't see an option to save the configuration.

I did see all of that in Configurable USB, but not CoverFloader.

Thanks again;

Steve

Sacohen9665

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I checked when I got home and I saw the games settings.

I guess the little lock in the upper right corner is the save settings feature.

GrandSlam Tennis works under CoverFloader now, but not all the time.

We have reboot the Wii inorder to get it to play.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
Sacohen9665 said:
OK, I checked when I got home and I saw the games settings.

I guess the little lock in the upper right corner is the save settings feature.

GrandSlam Tennis works under CoverFloader now, but not all the time.

We have reboot the Wii inorder to get it to play.

yep the lock is the save point. also in each game you can change settings and save, so for example your overall loader settings may be force 60hz but you can tell the madworld disc to run at 50hz(example only). it is very cool.

what cios are you using? use CIOSrev10 or the brand new CIOSrev14. both of these cios are great, rev 14 is better.
the reason you have to reboot your wii after playing is probably because you are using cios rev11/cios rev12 or cios rev13 and these are buggy and cause wii to fail sometimes. update now!

pengypikmin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually i have rev 10 and i deleted wii fit but when it didnt work i unpluged the wii. ive tried all the patches and nothing but now elebits has a problem it says saving please dont turn off the power and it goes on forever so i press home and select wii menu. but i deleted the save in the data management and it works fine until i try to load it after a save is made. any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.