Status
Not open for further replies.

erka

Trophies
XP
Country
France
erka said:
One little suggestion : is it possible to add a parental control with password, and more important thing : impossibility to delete a game, enter in the game settings, the menu.
With this function, it will be perfect.

blink.gif
Oups, I didn't noticed that the parental control was already programmed (press 1+2+A+B)

So...
It' perfect !

Just a question : My child is about to use Cover Flow for launching our saved games ; unfortunately, after the wii boot, there's a lot of click to do before using Cover Flow, so I tryed to install a new channel with coverflow.WAD. --> I can't do it. (my system is 4.1E with waninkoko cios38 rev14)

Any method to do it ?

Thanks a lot

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
erka said:
erka said:
One little suggestion : is it possible to add a parental control with password, and more important thing : impossibility to delete a game, enter in the game settings, the menu.
With this function, it will be perfect.

blink.gif
Oups, I didn't noticed that the parental control was already programmed (press 1+2+A+B)

So...
It' perfect !

Just a question : My child is about to use Cover Flow for launching our saved games ; unfortunately, after the wii boot, there's a lot of click to do before using Cover Flow, so I tryed to install a new channel with coverflow.WAD. --> I can't do it. (my system is 4.1E with waninkoko cios38 rev14)

Any method to do it ?

Thanks a lot

Did you get an error message from WAD Manager when you tried to install our channel?

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Incure said:
I noticed that from version 1.2 CoverFloader didn't display 3D covers anymore, but did download them. After some testing I found out that it didn't create the 3dcover folder in the usb-loader directory anymore. So I created that folder manually and voila the 3D covers worked again. Is this a bug, or did I mis something?

Congratulations! You found a bug that's been in there for a long time. No prize I'm afraid but thanks for finding it. I've fixed it in the SVN.

Incure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
erka said:

Any method to do it ?

Thanks a lot
I made a very childfriendly setup for my nephew of 4 years old with CoverFloader and Preloader. In Preloader I have installed a forwarder .dol that points to the CoverFloader boot.dol. When the Wii is turned on Preloader automatically starts CoverFloader (if you need exact instructions how to this, just ask me).

In CoverFloader I have set one click loading on yes and parental control on. In that way I have created I really childfriendly Wii. The only disadvantage is that it you can't acces the Wii menu in an quick and easy way anymore.

D

Deleted User

Can I somehow force the parental controls to be active after every boot?

Because now, if I have been playing with parental controls off, I need to start Coverfloader again to activate them before turning Wii off.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
rutny said:
For those of you needing a titles.txt (or want one that looks better, here is mine. Feel free to use:
Code:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7KJC0PUD

Some of the Pal titles I cleaned up a little, but most of my games are NTSC-U. I fixed a lot of grammatical errors in it. I hate : so got rid of all of those.

I just shafted my SD card - thanks for the titles.txt - I didn't have a backup
grog.gif

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
nolodude said:
Can I somehow force the parental controls to be active after every boot?

Because now, if I have been playing with parental controls off, I need to start Coverfloader again to activate them before turning Wii off.

Not something you can do currently - you want a temporary parental controls bypass?.... It's not a bad idea...

DJJayTee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neardark said:
DJJayTee said:
neardark said:
Thankfully I have not had this problem

and you will continue to not have a problem until you install any of the following

RedSteel
Medal Of Honor: Heroes 2
The House Of The Dead 2
SSX Blur
Indiana Jones And The Staff Of Kings
Mortal Kombat Armageddon
Boogie
Wii Sports Resort

erm no

Wii sports resort and indiana jones work fine and I dont have the rest.

OOOh! please tell me you have the secret to playing fate of atlantis without an alt dol!!
i cant wait!!!

hankarlo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, Im trying to get this app to run from a USB hard drive. I have USB Loader GX working fine so its not my setup, I cant get the app to find the covers. I have the cover folders setup like so:

X:/usb-loader/covers
X:/usb-loader/disks

The app loads fine, but none of the covers show up. When I select download covers from the app menu, they download to the SD card, but I want to download them to my USB HDD. Is it possible to setup a config file with custom paths, to tell the app to look in specific locations?
I'd really appreciate any help with this as I'd like to try out this cool looking program.

Thanx for reading

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
hankarlo said:
Hi all, Im trying to get this app to run from a USB hard drive. I have USB Loader GX working fine so its not my setup, I cant get the app to find the covers. I have the cover folders setup like so:

X:/usb-loader/covers
X:/usb-loader/disks

The app loads fine, but none of the covers show up. When I select download covers from the app menu, they download to the SD card, but I want to download them to my USB HDD. Is it possible to setup a config file with custom paths, to tell the app to look in specific locations?
I'd really appreciate any help with this as I'd like to try out this cool looking program.

Thanx for reading

change all the paths in wiicoverflow.xml to USB. Not sure why you have "X:/usb-loader/covers", you should have "USB:/usb-loader/covers" etc.... it works for me

Posts merged

QUOTE(Beaps @ Aug 25 2009, 07:40 PM) any ideas when the downloadable covers option will be working again???

it IS working again - try the latest downloads, 1.2 and 1.2a on the googlecode site.

hankarlo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanx for the reply

fishears said:
change all the paths in wiicoverflow.xml to USB. Not sure why you have "X:/usb-loader/covers", you should have "USB:/usb-loader/covers" etc.... it works for me

Where is the " wiicoverflow.xml " file? also what can I edit it with?

Cheers

edit: I found my wiicoverflow.xml, I just opened it with IE, is that ok? can I just paste the following into it? sorry for all the questions ive never used .xml file before.

USB:/usb-loader/covers
USB:/usb-loader/disks

This is what my wiicoverflow.xml file has in it so far...

-

kaindrill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fishears said:
adrian_fahrenheit said:
I don't play online and cheats are used only for fun (glowing tennis ball in WiiSports for example).
I just removed both directories but it still doesn't work. How do the loader recognize online? Do I have to shut down wiiconnect24 or anything like that? I may have missed something.
Back to the drawing board then...
Don't worry about your wiiconnect24 settings - it's definitely not that - I was forgetting how it works: if you enable cheats the loader stops you going online in the game (something all responsible loaders should do).

Must be the France thing! You and -RoY- are both French, only you two have reported this problem so it seems quite likely that's the answer
biggrin.gif

I am from the US and I am having the Same issues. No mater what I do I can not for the life of me get codes to work on any game.

I also did a the full cIOSCorp install from da_letter_a.

I have tried CIOS36rev10 and CIOS38Rev14.

But no luck. One thing I am running on 4.0U

Any Ideas? I have been forum searching for fixes for hours and no luck.

darscot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
heggie said:
darscot said:
Does Medal of Honor 2 NTSC work for anyone yet?

Hi, I can confirm that MoH2 PAL now works with altdol from image in rev930! Thanks to loudbob, who made the needed changes. I can not think of a reason why the ntsc then would not work. (Note: from disk still fails, but then again: why go through the hassle to dump the dol to load it from disk, if CF does it for you?)
grog.gif

Well NTSC didn't work for me I updated the code with the settings from USB Loader GX. Still no luck then I grabbed the PAL version and I don't have any luck with it either. It just dumps. Maybe I have more covers loaded or something, I assume there isnt the memory to load the dol.

RM2E69 492 is what I added to coverfloader. Guess I'll just have to keep Gamma around.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
hankarlo said:
Thanx for the reply

fishears said:

Where is the " wiicoverflow.xml " file? also what can I edit it with?

Cheers

edit: I found my wiicoverflow.xml, I just opened it with IE, is that ok? can I just paste the following into it? sorry for all the questions ive never used .xml file before.

USB:/usb-loader/covers
USB:/usb-loader/disks

This is what my wiicoverflow.xml file has in it so far...

-

Sorry, I forgot to mention that this is only supported in the SVN so you'll need to be running 1.2a
If you do then you'll see the paths in your wiicoverflow.xml after the first time you run it. You can edit the file with your favourite text editor: gedit, notepad, TextEdit etc, whatever you & your OS prefer...

neardark

Trophies
XP
Country
DJJayTee said:
neardark said:
DJJayTee said:
neardark said:
Thankfully I have not had this problem

and you will continue to not have a problem until you install any of the following

RedSteel
Medal Of Honor: Heroes 2
The House Of The Dead 2
SSX Blur
Indiana Jones And The Staff Of Kings
Mortal Kombat Armageddon
Boogie
Wii Sports Resort

erm no

Wii sports resort and indiana jones work fine and I dont have the rest.

OOOh! please tell me you have the secret to playing fate of atlantis without an alt dol!!
i cant wait!!!

NO secret required, so save the sarcasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone