Cover Flow USB ISO Loader by Beardface

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Nullkill, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erka

erka Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2009
    France
    [​IMG] Oups, I didn't noticed that the parental control was already programmed (press 1+2+A+B)

So...
    It' perfect !

Just a question : My child is about to use Cover Flow for launching our saved games ; unfortunately, after the wii boot, there's a lot of click to do before using Cover Flow, so I tryed to install a new channel with coverflow.WAD. --> I can't do it. (my system is 4.1E with waninkoko cios38 rev14)

Any method to do it ?

Thanks a lot

2. fishears

fishears fishears

Sep 28, 2008
    Did you get an error message from WAD Manager when you tried to install our channel?

3. Muntrue

Muntrue Member

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2009
    Netherlands
    Thanks for using my site =) if you guys encounter any issues or have any additional questions, fire them my way.

4. fishears

fishears fishears

Sep 28, 2008
    Congratulations! You found a bug that's been in there for a long time. No prize I'm afraid but thanks for finding it. I've fixed it in the SVN.

5. Incure

Incure Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2007
    Netherlands
    I made a very childfriendly setup for my nephew of 4 years old with CoverFloader and Preloader. In Preloader I have installed a forwarder .dol that points to the CoverFloader boot.dol. When the Wii is turned on Preloader automatically starts CoverFloader (if you need exact instructions how to this, just ask me).

In CoverFloader I have set one click loading on yes and parental control on. In that way I have created I really childfriendly Wii. The only disadvantage is that it you can't acces the Wii menu in an quick and easy way anymore.

6. nolodude

nolodude Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2009
    Finland
    Can I somehow force the parental controls to be active after every boot?

Because now, if I have been playing with parental controls off, I need to start Coverfloader again to activate them before turning Wii off.

7. fishears

fishears fishears

Sep 28, 2008
    I just shafted my SD card - thanks for the titles.txt - I didn't have a backup [​IMG]

8. fishears

fishears fishears

Sep 28, 2008
    Not something you can do currently - you want a temporary parental controls bypass?.... It's not a bad idea...

9. DJJayTee

DJJayTee Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2008
    United States
    Jersey

OOOh! please tell me you have the secret to playing fate of atlantis without an alt dol!!
    i cant wait!!!

10. Beaps

Beaps GBAtemp Regular

Apr 13, 2009
    any ideas when the downloadable covers option will be working again???

11. hankarlo

hankarlo Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    Hi all, Im trying to get this app to run from a USB hard drive. I have USB Loader GX working fine so its not my setup, I cant get the app to find the covers. I have the cover folders setup like so:

X:/usb-loader/covers
    X:/usb-loader/disks

The app loads fine, but none of the covers show up. When I select download covers from the app menu, they download to the SD card, but I want to download them to my USB HDD. Is it possible to setup a config file with custom paths, to tell the app to look in specific locations?
    I'd really appreciate any help with this as I'd like to try out this cool looking program.

Thanx for reading

12. fishears

fishears fishears

Sep 28, 2008
    it IS working again - try the latest downloads, 1.2 and 1.2a on the googlecode site.

13. JumpingDuck

JumpingDuck Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2009
    Gambia, The
    This version hangs up very qiuckly ':( CanĀ“t load any game...

Greetz
    JD

14. Beaps

Beaps GBAtemp Regular

Apr 13, 2009
    just tried v1.2a (r932) and it freezes 1/2 way through the cover download process

15. hankarlo

hankarlo Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    Thanx for the reply

Where is the " wiicoverflow.xml " file? also what can I edit it with?

Cheers

edit: I found my wiicoverflow.xml, I just opened it with IE, is that ok? can I just paste the following into it? sorry for all the questions ive never used .xml file before.

USB:/usb-loader/covers
    USB:/usb-loader/disks

This is what my wiicoverflow.xml file has in it so far...

-

16. kaindrill

kaindrill Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2009
    United States
    I am from the US and I am having the Same issues. No mater what I do I can not for the life of me get codes to work on any game.

I also did a the full cIOSCorp install from da_letter_a.

I have tried CIOS36rev10 and CIOS38Rev14.

But no luck. One thing I am running on 4.0U

Any Ideas? I have been forum searching for fixes for hours and no luck.

17. darscot

darscot Advanced Member

Oct 25, 2002

Well NTSC didn't work for me I updated the code with the settings from USB Loader GX. Still no luck then I grabbed the PAL version and I don't have any luck with it either. It just dumps. Maybe I have more covers loaded or something, I assume there isnt the memory to load the dol.

RM2E69 492 is what I added to coverfloader. Guess I'll just have to keep Gamma around.

18. fishears

fishears fishears

Sep 28, 2008
    Sorry, I forgot to mention that this is only supported in the SVN so you'll need to be running 1.2a
    If you do then you'll see the paths in your wiicoverflow.xml after the first time you run it. You can edit the file with your favourite text editor: gedit, notepad, TextEdit etc, whatever you & your OS prefer...

19. neardark

neardark GBAtemp Regular

Jun 18, 2009
    England

NO secret required, so save the sarcasm.

20. RolloS60

RolloS60 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2006
    Gambia, The
    Does RM2E69 with offset 492 works for you with Loader GX?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.