Cover Flow USB ISO Loader by Beardface

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Nullkill, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rutny

rutny GBAtemp Regular

May 23, 2009
    United States
    I'm not sure that rev14 causes any issues with any of the newer versions of CF(Unless it is the bug Fish was talking about)

2. waterfluid

waterfluid Newbie

Newcomer
    May 9, 2009
    thanx a lot! will try that one

3. Beaps

Beaps GBAtemp Regular

Apr 13, 2009
    USB Loader GX lets you select you own dols....

you click the load alt.dol from disc and then you select which one (needed when wanting to play Metroid Prime Trilogy as there are 3 to choose from)

I dont wanna go back to using GX as Coverfloader in my opinion is miles better looking.

also

The forwarder works say 4/10 times (black dos screen loads of number) and I cant instal the wad (error =-10 somthing)

cheers

4. Scoobyscoobydoo

Scoobyscoobydoo GBAtemp Regular

Mar 1, 2009
    All working great thanks, alt-dol working fine from image.
    Very stable release for me, thanks, great job.

5. darscot

darscot Advanced Member

Oct 25, 2002
    It still freezes a lot for me just as the covers finnish coming in. It doesn't freeze on first boot, if you load coverfloader load a game or even just exit out the next time you go in it will freeze.

6. Gwozdz

Gwozdz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    Everything work perfectly for me (running cIOS38_rev13 for SSBB); the 3d box covers load, all games games I have will boot. But there is one small problem I have taken note of. The system will freeze on the SECOND BOOT of any game. This happens on both cover flow and GX. Is this problem fixed or still on the drawing boards?

7. dancemonkey

dancemonkey GBAtemp Regular

Jan 14, 2007
    Not the loader. User REV14 to stop the freeze problem

8. darscot

darscot Advanced Member

Oct 25, 2002
    It doesn't freeze when loading a game, its a freeze in the loader. Just before you hear the click sound as the covers come to a rest on boot up it softlocks. I am on 14 but its not related.

9. dancemonkey

dancemonkey GBAtemp Regular

Jan 14, 2007
    Sorry reply was for Gwozdz

10. scognito

scognito GBAtemp Regular

Feb 16, 2007
    Italy
    italy
    Do you have latest hackmii installer? I'm having freezes at cover boot too...

11. fishears

fishears fishears

Sep 28, 2008
    iirc, the second boot issue is a known bug in cios rev14

12. skx7

skx7 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 25, 2009
    is your wii connected to the internet? if not, thats the reason of the freezing

13. scognito

scognito GBAtemp Regular

Feb 16, 2007
    Italy
    italy
    It is connected correctly, works fine with 1.0

14. pepxl

pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

Jun 19, 2009
    delete and config files related to coverflow in the usb-loader folder, like gamelist etc...

i had this problem yesterday updating from a older rev to r935 whcih fixed the prob, before all i would get is code dumps at loading and now all is ok

that reminds me the posted rev says r938 but on the info page in the loader it actually says r935

15. Gwozdz

Gwozdz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    I did run rev14 at the start till I started having problems with smash bros. brawl. I read that rev14 has these problems with a 'eject disk error' and that rev13 didn't have these problems so I switched. I have however always been having problems with my official disk copy (the only way to play the game was to start the system by inserting the game disk) but I passed this off with me messing around with the cIOS's; I think. And the latest build freezes 25% of the time on start for me. I would still like to boot more then one game with one power up and also be able to play smash bros.

16. pepxl

pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

Jun 19, 2009
    get rev 10 then, i was on it before updating to 14 and SSBB work flawlessly and could boot game after game

17. darscot

darscot Advanced Member

Oct 25, 2002
    I do have hack mii installed but havent updated from the second release to the latest yet. I have another dol from somewhere around 800 that does not have this issue. So I think its something in coverfloader.

18. Gwozdz

Gwozdz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    do you think that rev 10 has the anti 002 error for Wii Sports Resort? because I thought that came in with rev 13.

19. pepxl

pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

Jun 19, 2009
    yes it does if not they get a better loader as most have the 002 error fix within the loaders now

20. Gwozdz

Gwozdz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    Wii Sports Resort works as does booting multiple games times on one power up. But now Ghostbusters does not work, freezes on a green screen on boot. The game is horrible but it is Ghostbusters after all. I will have to live with rev 10 for now. Thanks for all of your help. You're doing the greatest homebrew work I have ever seen. Keep it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.