Cover Flow USB ISO Loader by Beardface

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Nullkill, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skx7

skx7 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 25, 2009
    someone?

2. rutny

rutny GBAtemp Regular

May 23, 2009
    United States
    I don't know the answer to your question, but, as far as I know CF only hits the internet for 3 reasons.
    1) To get covers (user controlled)
    2) To get cheats (user controlled)
    3) Newsreader (I am not sure if this is user controlled or not as I have not yet had time to REALLY try out the new version, but I still wouldn't think this would be the cause...however stranger things have happened I suppose.

As far as internet "checking' would concern...that would be checking for a new update. As far as I know, this is not yet a feature in CF.

I thing I did notice something though concerning alt-dol. If you use a newer version of CF to execute the alt-dol, then go back to a prev version (in my case it was v1.1)...you can now play those alt-dol games you previously could not. Useless info I know, but was interesting.

3. JumpingDuck

JumpingDuck Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2009
    Gambia, The
    @ first, this Loader is simply great! I love to slide the covers round'n'round!

Now: I have some problems with this loader

with version 1.2 the loader hangs up (codedump), when nunchuck is used with wiimote

with verssion1.2a I have much more problems (codedumps) so I go back to 1.2

My Wii:
    FW 4.1E (Waninkoko update)
    cIOS38 rev14 (249 install)
    BootMii beta2 (boot2 install)
    Preloader 0.29 + Hacks
    HBC 1.0.3

Greetz JD

4. skx7

skx7 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 25, 2009
    check SD:/usb-loader/wiicoverflow.xml There is an auto-update feature which isnt mentioned on their wiki http://code.google.com/p/wiicoverflow/wiki...gurationOptions

im pretty sure that this is causing the codedumps in absence of a network connection

5. rutny

rutny GBAtemp Regular

May 23, 2009
    United States
    <b><div align="center">COMPILATION OF GAME SETTINGS FOR NTSC-U SYSTEMS</div></b>

Ok finally I have a workable compilation of settings for the NTSC-U users.
    1) These settings work for me using NTSC-U SysMenu4.1 Rev 14 and using Coverfloader 1.1 (they should still work on version 2)
    2) Other combinations of settings may have worked for you and that's great, but these worked for me.
    3) The settings I show will be in this order: VID TV PATCH-VIDEO MODE-GAME FIX(EX: Off Console Default Anti_002)
    4) No other support offered, if the settings don't work, you have to try something else...sorry-I've spent way too many hours with this..I'm done!
    5) Inside the spoiler will be the Game Title, ID, and Region - Make sure you are using the right region/ID.
    6) Finally, this is <i><b>not</b></i> a cure-all/fix-all simply a helpful boost to those who are stuck.

Also, users with HIGH volume of games on hdd, this is what I've found:
    Working seamlessly at around 200 games. Over 200 and things get rather dicey (occasional freezes/code dumps left and right). Over 300...well rest in piece fair love...code dumps/freezes out the arse (and unresponsive wiimote)

The Devs never intended this to handle this many(probably no more than 100), but I was on a self imposed mission to really see what the limits were.
    no more than 200 and you should be just fine. (This is using CF v 1.1) In the newer versions more memory is used for other features which will reduce the workable amount of games.

With all that out of the way..enjoy and I hope these help some of you!
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

@Fish I finally pushed this girl to her limits!

6. darscot

darscot Advanced Member

Oct 25, 2002
    Does Medal of Honor 2 NTSC work for anyone yet?

7. fishears

fishears fishears

Sep 28, 2008
    <!--quoteo(post=2206624:date=Aug 23 2009, 05:31 PM:name=rutny)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rutny @ Aug 23 2009, 05:31 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2206624"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><b><div align="center">COMPILATION OF GAME SETTINGS FOR NTSC-U SYSTEMS</div></b>

Ok finally I have a workable compilation of settings for the NTSC-U users.
    1) These settings work for me using NTSC-U SysMenu4.1 Rev 14 and using Coverfloader 1.1 (they should still work on version 2)
    2) Other combinations of seetings may have worked for you and that's great, but these worked for me.
    3) The settings I show will be in this order: VID TV PATCH-VIDEO MODE-GAME FIX(EX: Off Console Default Anti_002)
    4) No other support offered, if the settings don't work, you have to try something elase...sorry-I've spent way too many hours with this..I'm done!
    5) Inside the spoiler will be the Game Title, ID, and Region - Make sure you are using the right region/ID.
    6) Finally, this is <i><b>not</b></i> a cure-all/fix-all simply a helpful boost to those who are stuck.

Also, users with HIGH volume of games on hdd, this is what I've found:
    Working Seemlessly at around 200 games. Over 200 and things get rather dicey (occasional freezes/ocde dumps lef and right). Over 300...well rest in piece fair love...code dumps/freezes out the arse (and unresponding wiimote)

The Devs never intended this to handle this many(probably no more than 100), but I was on a self imposed mission to really see what the limits were.
    no more than 200 and you should be just fine. (This is using CF v 1.1) In the newer versions more memory is used for other features which will reduce the workable amount of games.

With all that out of the way..enjoy and I hope these help some of you!
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

@Fish I finally pushed this girl to her limits!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

All good, useful info as usual. Thanks Rutny

8. jhoff80

jhoff80 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 23, 2006
    United States
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but cIOS rev 14 keeps the method from CIOS rev 13 where the loader handles 002 errors, doesn't it? That means that the game fix should be set to Error_002, doesn't it?

If you go into wiicoverflow.xml and set presetfix to 1, that should work for all games. At least, I haven't had any problems yet. And I always use console default region and no forced video mode, but I only use NTSC games since mine come from discs I own.

9. heggie

heggie Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2006
    Netherlands
    Hi, I can confirm that MoH2 PAL now works with altdol from image in rev930! Thanks to loudbob, who made the needed changes. I can not think of a reason why the ntsc then would not work. (Note: from disk still fails, but then again: why go through the hassle to dump the dol to load it from disk, if CF does it for you?) [​IMG]

10. RolloS60

RolloS60 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2006
    Gambia, The
    Hi,

@all with problems with v1.2a:

Please try this v1.2a (r932)

Now there should be more free memory...

LoudBob

11. rutny

rutny GBAtemp Regular

May 23, 2009
    United States

You rock! I'll try this out before I start ditching all these games (Sadly I will only play maybe a dozen...didn't find there were many I was fond of)

Still no luck at 300 (although it actual loaded this time, but froze shortly afterward) No worries as I am on my way back down ...ditching all the bunk I'll prolly never play on my USB. I'll test it every 50 or so deleted, so we can see about where the newest rev stands as far as max games. Cheers Devs!

12. erka

erka Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2009
    France
    Well, well, well [​IMG] it's very impressive.

Everything works fine with my wii.

One little suggestion : is it possible to add a parental control with password, and more important thing : impossibility to delete a game, enter in the game settings, the menu.
    With this function, it will be perfect.

Big thanks to the team.

13. neardark

neardark GBAtemp Regular

Jun 18, 2009
    England
    Why are so many people having problems, why are they having to use an alternative dol? I have never had any problems, all my games play with this loader fine.

14. fishears

fishears fishears

Sep 28, 2008
    For some games you need to launch a dol before the main.dol. It's just the way it is with some games. It happens automatically when you play using the disc just not from USB.

15. neardark

neardark GBAtemp Regular

Jun 18, 2009
    England
    Thankfully I have not had this problem

16. Incure

Incure Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2007
    Netherlands
    I noticed that from version 1.2 CoverFloader didn't display 3D covers anymore, but did download them. After some testing I found out that it didn't create the 3dcover folder in the usb-loader directory anymore. So I created that folder manually and voila the 3D covers worked again. Is this a bug, or did I mis something?

17. DJJayTee

DJJayTee Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2008
    United States
    Jersey
    humph,,,, i have 322 games installed and i have no problems... no code dumps... no freezing... just for the hell of it i scrolled a-z back and forth 5 times trying to force a crash and it didnt even flinch.... 4.1u (wanin), rev 14, CF 1.2
    maybe finding the diff between your system and mine may help in figuring out the problem

18. DJJayTee

DJJayTee Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2008
    United States
    Jersey
    and you will continue to not have a problem until you install any of the following

RedSteel
    Medal Of Honor: Heroes 2
    The House Of The Dead 2
    SSX Blur
    Indiana Jones And The Staff Of Kings
    Mortal Kombat Armageddon
    Boogie
    Wii Sports Resort

19. coolkensington

coolkensington Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2008
    United States
    For Mortal Kombat to work with this USB Loader, I downloaded WiiScrubber 1.40 from here and extracted the ISO from my external usb hard drive. With the extracted MKA from my external hard drive, I loaded it into WiiScrubber and extracted the mk7.dol into the wiiscrubber folder and renamed it main.dol and used this main.dol in wiisrubber folder, i used that file to replace the main.dol in actuall wiiscrubber program. click on "scrub" and saved this new compressed MKA iso onto my desktop. Open up my WBFS and deleted the game of the external hard drive and re-loaded with the MKA iso i just re-created. Wahallllal.....MKA loads up just fine....

i found this procedure using the search button [​IMG]....so don't thank me, just passing along what i just learned a few minutes ago (literally)....

20. neardark

neardark GBAtemp Regular

Jun 18, 2009
    England

erm no

Wii sports resort and indiana jones work fine and I dont have the rest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.