groovy354

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.groovy.yoyo.pl
XP
Country
Poland
Well I get code dump when I want to load game... and btw don't you think that scrolling with d-pad should be inversed? Like, if you want to change selection to cover on the right, you have to press right on d-pad xD Other uncomfortable thing for me is that you have to hold right/left to choose another game... Easier way to scroll would be something like when you press right/left once, it just jumps to next cover...

But still it looks AWESOME keep up good work
biggrin.gif
:D

PS sorry if my english is bad

AgentX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nullkill said:
I Found the issue that is keeping you from loading more than 20 or so covers without crashing; and in fact, is the issue causing all of the crashes...

However, not sure how to fix it. Any pros here when it comes to threads and grrlib?

Basically the code is set up as follow:

Main is contains grrlib rendering code, initializes buffering thread

buffering thread waits for requests to load covers/ delete covers from main thread

Crash occurs sometime after:
main makes several requests to delete covers, buffering thread deletes covers, player scrolls back over covers and crash occurs in PNGU.

My guess is the buffering thread is deleting the textures, but somehow not cleanly; because main thinks it is still valid texture data; up until it causes a crash in PNGU_Decode4x4RGBA

Any help on this issue is appreciated; its driving me mad; and is the one last thing that needs to get done to (in my opinion) complete this loader.
Could it be something simple like having to call a function to purge the texture data/clear the memory or something? Just a complete guess as I am not familiar with GRRLib at all.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Does it look like the deleted texture is still in the index somehow....
Are you sure the thread completes deletes before UpdateBufferedImages is called?
I'm in the dark with a lit match here - it really is time I sat down and looked at everything in this project so i have a better understanding of what others are working on

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AgentX said:
Could it be something simple like having to call a function to purge the texture data/clear the memory or something? Just a complete guess as I am not familiar with GRRLib at all.

what i do right now in buffering thread is call somethign to the effect of

lock(buffer_mutex)
if(texture.data)
free(texture.data);

texture.data = 0;

unlock(buffer_mutex);

It seems to me like this is deleting the data; but for some reason the main thread is saying something to the effect of "Eat shit you mutex bitch; im using that non existing texture. So suck it."

bryandir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FoxForceFive said:
bryandir said:
does anyone lese have the same error as me?even with 4.1??

i just cannot get the covers to show...the ones i dragged into the sd card show up on the coverflow as distorted,and have green through them,and you cant make ANYTHING out......

im sure someone else has got this error....is there somthing we are doing wrong?i have the images etc in the correct folder,and the coverlfow boots the games fine....

is it a PAL...UK thing?

the guys who designed this,surely they know what im talking about...and is there a fix?

cheers!!!

Ok, I fixed this now. My covers were the wring size 225 not 224, so I deleted all my covers. I also changed my screen settings to 480p. Works on both 3.1 & 4.1 where neither did previously.

Either one or both of these fixed the problem. Hope this helps.

right...tried both of these,still no joy...am i missing somthing here...does anyone else get the coverflow problem??

even without the covers in it,the coverflow looks grey,i changed my HDTV Cables for the standard cables you get with the wii,and still i get the same problem.

im usind 4.1 coverflow,but its the same with the previous release,i can get the loader working no problem,its just getting these damn covers to work!!!

any help would be greatly appeciated guys...as its now around day 4 without these covers working properly.....all i get is a black or discouloured block,where the cover should be.........

any ideas?

lexlth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I started wiicoverflow today at lunch and it worked perfectly. The cover on the left that seemd to be "corrupted" was showing perfectly. I have 41 games installed, it loaded only 28. The most left cover and the others 11 at the end of the list did not show.

Is there a way to remove the number of covers limitation just to test if it works with all my games ???

maddoc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you may want to loose this: texture.data = 0;

haven't looked at the source but while freeing texture is ok, texture.data = 0; initializes it again...

scognito

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
lexlth said:
I started wiicoverflow today at lunch and it worked perfectly. The cover on the left that seemd to be "corrupted" was showing perfectly. I have 41 games installed, it loaded only 28. The most left cover and the others 11 at the end of the list did not show.

Is there a way to remove the number of covers limitation just to test if it works with all my games ???
Does at least the cover get downloaded ok? Please test on your pc, every cover should have 160x224 pixel dimensions.
Thanks!

lexlth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
scognito said:
lexlth said:

Does at least the cover get downloaded ok? Please test on your pc, every cover should have 160x224 pixel dimensions.
Thanks!

Yesterday night I looked for the one that was suposed corrupted (HSM3). It had 160x224, and all was downloaded ok.
All disks was downloaded ok too, but I just realized that today I started Metroid Prime and the disc art was not showing...

I'll test it again whn I get home tonight.

ulysse57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I wanted to test your loader and I tested first the v4.1 : it crashed immediately at boot.

Then I downloaded the v3.1.

I putted the covers in usb-loader/covers (160x224 with 6 digits) and discs in usb-loader/disks (160x160 with 3 digits) at the root of the SD.

When I run the loader it works, but all covers are indicated not found. Do you have an idea ?

xomp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hope you get it sorted soon NullKill, stay at it man, you guys are doing wonderful work here!
biggrin.gif

lexlth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
scognito said:
Thanks!

scognito,

I just tested on my computer and ALL images were downloaded OK. All with 160x224, and disks 160x160.
Tested again on my wii and got the same results as before: not all images was shown and one of then corrupted (this time was Wario Land). It didn't freeze or anything else.
Another thing that didn't work was the disk arts that were not shown.

paulwesley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok love the loader worked just fine till I added wii music it starts loading images then boots back to the home brew channel . Guess the wife will have to get up off the couch and load the real disk lol. oh Im using channel forwarder

afour98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for all of those following along at home... looking for feedback on the latest 'white theme' updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu