Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnullerbacke

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Great loader with awesome style.

I already had running former versions without any issues.

After installing several new games on the harddrive (total 270) I discovered a code dump while loading the coveres.
Loading covers above 260 games will lead in an code dump independently of the game or the cover.

Already deleted some games and add some others.
All covers have been checked and will be loaded fine.

Is there an upper magic limit of loadable covers?
Amount or memory dependent?

My breakdown:
- WiicoverflowRC2
- Waninkoko FW3.2E
- cIOS Rev 10
- 1TB HDD
- 16:9 TV
- PAL

afour98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schnullerbacke said:
Great loader with awesome style.

I already had running former versions without any issues.

After installing several new games on the harddrive (total 270) I discovered a code dump while loading the coveres.
Loading covers above 260 games will lead in an code dump independently of the game or the cover.
Is there an upper magic limit of loadable covers?
Amount or memory dependent?

first, thanks... team effort...
second, congrats... I think you just set the testing high bar for # of games (I couldn't even test half this number ;-)

now some questions.
When you say you had former versions running with no problems, do you mean with 260+ covers and no crashes? If so, at what version did your problems begin?
When exactly does it dump (when it's fetching the covers? does it show the progress bar and then dump?)
Can you have more than 260 game and just not fetch covers (in other words, leave the games > 260 with the 'No Cover' cover)? And does that work ok?
If so, can you manually put the covers onto the SD card via PC? Will the app now show 260+, or does it crash?

Feel free to fill out an issue report at: http://code.google.com/p/wiicoverflow/issues/list

Schnullerbacke

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for following up to my problem.

while running former versions I never exceeded 250 installed games + covers that worked fine so far.
I don't think it's related to the current version.
It dumps after the first ~260 covers are loaded and displayed, exactly when the 261th cover will be shown.
Having more than 260 games without fetching covers works fine.
Even >260 games with only the first 260 games fetched with covers works fine.
The covers on the SD card were all moved and checked several times via PC.
When the app will be started and the first covers will be displayed everything looks fine.
After a while (20-30 seconds) during first 260 covers are loaded, it will crash.
I changed games and covers, but always at ~261th cover.

Seems to be a kind of barrier.
Will all covers be loaded into system memory (260 * ~80k), or adhoc being loaded?
What memory size is allocated for covers?

ozguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any way to manually change the name displayed for a title?

eg.
Wii Play shows as "Party Pack for Revolution"
Pinball Hall of Fame (The Williams Collection) shows as "RVL-RWCE"

I realize these are probably taken from the ISO labels.
Would be great if there was a way to override the title with a more user friendly one where needed.

Also since the WiiMote + and - keys do not appear to be used yet, perhaps they could be used to jump to the first/last title.

squablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To change the name of a game, just use WBFS manager for your pc. Install that, then plug in your hard drive, and it will list all your isos on the hard drive. You can do many things with this app, and more important for you, you can rename them too.

ozguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Squablo. I missed the rename option in there when I first built the HD in WBFS Manager.
I guess I really only looked at the buttons on the right side of the screen.

Still, the ability to do it from the loader would be nice too.
biggrin.gif

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ozguy said:
Also since the WiiMote + and - keys do not appear to be used yet, perhaps they could be used to jump to the first/last title.

The plan is to use +/- to change the filter... (e.g. filters such as: All Games, Favorite Games, etc...)

Halfrabbit2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hiya!!!!
Is there any chance of making a version that we can use 16:9 covers in??
Just thought that'd be a lot of fun too.... seeing as there's so many of them floating around now too....
Just a thought... As I've downloaded so many of them and I believe they have a higher res than the normal covers....
Just thinking about it... that's probably the stupidest idea anyone's heard.... as the whole loader is set up around the specific size of cover...
Oh well.. feel free to have a good go... at me that is... If that's the stupidest thing anyone has heard... he he... I can take it...
Thanks for the wicked loader anyhow.... Love it. Definitally the best loader out currently.... Prettiest and most user friendly. Looks great!
Thanks for your time!!
grog.gif

kaymm2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nullkill said:
ozguy said:

The plan is to use +/- to change the filter... (e.g. filters such as: All Games, Favorite Games, etc...)

I would be greate if up/down could be used to skip 10 games too instead of zooming. Or how about hold B+ left/right to skip 10.

afour98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kaymm2 said:
I would be great if up/down could be used to skip 10 games too instead of zooming. Or how about hold B+ left/right to skip 10.
Just point to the stack on the right or left and press A... the farther you point away from center, the more covers you skip at a time.

Once we get the Favorites Filter (or whatever we're calling it) in place, it will be far easier to navigate large libraries.

JussiPik

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
wow, i`m amazed how good it works now. i think this is my default loader from now on,

has anyone made a forwarder channel for this?

Scoobyscoobydoo

Trophies
XP
Country
JussiPik said:
wow, i`m amazed how good it works now. i think this is my default loader from now on,

has anyone made a forwarder channel for this?

It does look amazing.. I havent seen a forwarder specific for it yet, it does work with any of the standard forwarders out there though until someone
designs a specific forwarder for this.

dohclude

Trophies
Website
www.MODaWii.com
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to compile the last few revs from SVN and I keep getting errors:

Code:
c:/devkitPro/msys/home/user/usbloader-coverflow/CoverFlow/source/core/disc.c: In function '__Disc_SetTime':
c:/devkitPro/msys/home/user/usbloader-coverflow/CoverFlow/source/core/disc.c:133: error: conflicting types for 'settime'
c:/devkitPro/libogc/include/ogc/lwp_watchdog.h:68: error: previous declaration of 'settime' was here
make[1]: *** [disc.o] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

I'm using the latest devkitPro and libogc, and I have compiled a few other apps just to make sure everything is setup correctly (like usbloader GX, and a few others.) Am I doing something wrong here?

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dohclude said:
I've been trying to compile the last few revs from SVN and I keep getting errors:

Code:
c:/devkitPro/msys/home/user/usbloader-coverflow/CoverFlow/source/core/disc.c: In function '__Disc_SetTime':
c:/devkitPro/msys/home/user/usbloader-coverflow/CoverFlow/source/core/disc.c:133: error: conflicting types for 'settime'
c:/devkitPro/libogc/include/ogc/lwp_watchdog.h:68: error: previous declaration of 'settime' was here
make[1]: *** [disc.o] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

I'm using the latest devkitPro and libogc, and I have compiled a few other apps just to make sure everything is setup correctly (like usbloader GX, and a few others.) Am I doing something wrong here?

Is it a BASE Devkitpro 1.5 install? (As in, you did NOT copy anything to the devkitpro, or libogc folder? (I know One of the other loaders requires you to PATCH a devkit to build...)

If you install devkit pro 1.5, and DO NOT TOUCH IT, coverflow loader will build.

pretender13

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
is due to you using the updated libs pack from the usbloader gx project.

lwp_watchdog.h file to be exact.

if you replace that file with the one from the previous lib pack you should be ok.
make sure you keep a copy of the old / newer file. so you can still compile both projects.

hope this helps

DragTom70

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
squablo said:
To change the name of a game, just use WBFS manager for your pc. Install that, then plug in your hard drive, and it will list all your isos on the hard drive. You can do many things with this app, and more important for you, you can rename them too.

Oh, that is no good solution from my point of view because you alter the iso. Not very nice.

Support for titles.txt is a must.

The option to take the gametitles to the xml seems to be the second best option.

Scoobyscoobydoo

Trophies
XP
Country
DragTom70 said:
squablo said:

Oh, that is no good solution from my point of view because you alter the iso. Not very nice.

The option to take the gametitles to the xml seems to be the second best option.

Altering the ISO with WBFS works fine, ive never had a problem with it..

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
DragTom70 said:
squablo said:

How does it "alter" the iso

DragTom70

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok, it changes the ISO, it writes to the ISO and you have no untouched backup.

Localized game-versions even have different titles (Balloon Pop!, POP, Pop!, etc...)

All other loaders have titles.txt support. I don't understand what the problem is.

If you do not live in US / UK titles.txt is essential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lesbians invented babies +2