Homebrew Cover Collections for Emulators With Cover Support

Nickb1907

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I deleted everything I had and started over. My NES and SNES came back to working with adding the proper plugin to the .ini, but still no luck on sega. Below is what I have

USB1:\genplus\roms
SD:\WiiFlow\boxcovers\genplus

Wiiflow.ini at the end of the [PLUGINS] list

bannersound=sega.ogg
consolecoverid=sega
covercolor=000000
coverfolder=genplus
displayname=GenPlusGX
dolfile=genplusgx-mod7.dol
filetypes=.gen|.md|.smd|.sms|.gg|.sg|.zip|.iso|.bin
magic=53454741
returnloader=yes
romdir=genplus/roms

Also the nes and snes part in the .ini disappeared after I plugged back into the wii? It works, but I find that weird.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not quite sure what's going on there but this should be your folder structure if your using WiiFlow on SD.
SD:/
apps/wiiflow/wiiflow.ini - this file is auto created and does not need to be edited.
wiiflow/plugins/genplusgx.ini
wiiflow/plugins/genplusgx-mod7.dol
wiiflow/boxcovers/genplus

USB1:/
genplus/roms

Make sure you choose the partition the Genesis games are on in Wiiflow itself, make sure that you rename your covers with the extension of your game files whether its .bin/.MD/.zip etc.., make sure your plugin.ini is setup accordingly (looks good) and make sure you have no alternate WiiFlow files on your USB, not In root or in apps. Tighten up lol :P

If all else fails move everything to a one partition setup like your USB cuz that's where it's at man. ;) J/K

Lemme know how it goes.

Nickb1907

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not quite sure what's going on there but this should be your folder structure if your using WiiFlow on SD.
SD:/
apps/wiiflow/wiiflow.ini - this file is auto created and does not need to be edited.
wiiflow/plugins/genplusgx.ini
wiiflow/plugins/genplusgx-mod7.dol
wiiflow/boxcovers/genplus

USB1:/
genplus/roms

Make sure you choose the partition the Genesis games are on in Wiiflow itself, make sure that you rename your covers with the extension of your game files whether its .bin/.MD/.zip etc.., make sure your plugin.ini is setup accordingly (looks good) and make sure you have no alternate WiiFlow files on your USB, not In root or in apps. Tighten up lol :P

If all else fails move everything to a one partition setup like your USB cuz that's where it's at man. ;) J/K

Lemme know how it goes.

Okay, so maybe I have been doing it wrong the whole time. I have been modifying my wiiflow.ini and adding this...
bannersound=sega.ogg
consolecoverid=sega
covercolor=000000
coverfolder=genplus
displayname=GenPlusGX
magic=53454741
returnloader=yes
romdir=genplus/roms

to the end of the [plugins] section. So I should delete this out of the wiiflow.ini and modify the plugin under sd:wiiflow/plugins?

BTW I have the file structure you posted above and all my png files are renamed to match (with the sega extension on the end ex: sonic.gen.png) the rom name.

Also I thought you couldn't run only off your usb. When I tried it wiiflow kept giving me an error that it couldn't find any data on my partitions.

Thanks for the help

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so maybe I have been doing it wrong the whole time.
Yes u have lol, sux since that's a lot of time wasted (5+ hours), but believe me I've spent much more tweaking things to get 'em the way I like, so it's worth it ;)
bannersound=sega.ogg
consolecoverid=sega
covercolor=000000
coverfolder=genplus
displayname=GenPlusGX
magic=53454741
returnloader=yes
romdir=genplus/roms

So I should delete this out of the wiiflow.ini and modify the plugin under sd:wiiflow/plugins?
yes delete your WiiFlow.ini start fresh and add these lines to your genplusgx.ini
Also I thought you couldn't run only off your usb. When I tried it wiiflow kept giving me an error that it couldn't find any data on my partitions.
Incorrect, there seems to be much more stability when running things of a single partition. Although my own personal setup consists of USB1 FAT32/USB2 NTFS/SD and all is well. All WiiFlow config files and app is on my FAT32 partition.

RiCK420

Contributing Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couldn't find a proper cover for the M-1 Abrams Battle Tank for Sega Genesis, so I made a template, and then created my own.
Hope it is ok. Tested and it worked properly for me.
I might make some more soon.
Enjoy my contribution to this great pack of covers.

2vru91u.jpg

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woooah, Thanks for the contributions, but PLEASE use spoiler tags and combine your images into one post if possible (would be very possible in this case). 10 post in a row is pretty fragoddamnridiculous. One post, One spoiler tag, 10 images would've been beautiful for future reference.

Edit: Also, FYI for everyone... I've been moving the last few weeks and have been outta commission on any wii/cover projects. It's not game over, I'll be back with some updates sometime soon, but real life has been hectic as shiz between the band and the move, and that's taken precedent at the moment.

RiCK420

Contributing Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason I was uploading them 1 at a time, is because I am actually making these, and was uploading them when I finished making one. I don't see a button for a spoiler tag. If you don't want me to share them I don't have to. I just thought someone else might find them useful, so they don't have to go through all the work of making them themselves.

RiCK420

Contributing Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you teach me how to do the spoilers like you asked, I will upload all new ones I create with that method. Also if possible I can delete my previous posts and include them all into 1 new post.

Reactions: MassiveRican

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you teach me how to do the spoilers like you asked, I will upload all new ones I create with that method. Also if possible I can delete my previous posts and include them all into 1 new post.

Just edit your posts and add spoiler before the text and /spoiler after it, don't forget to put them in brackets []....

Soo it will look like this :
This is a spoiler

Reactions: Cypher16

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.