Hacking Couple of Hardware Questions

NikoK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I quite literally JUST got a DS lite....but it's freaking pink. Though the price was right and it was all I could find.

Now for my questions

I noticed the hinge for the top screen is loose...

Will getting a replacement case fix this? Also how well do replacement cases fit on?

Also what do you think the best Slow 1 flashcart is along with the best slot 2 flashcart?

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For Flashcarts:
If you want the best flashcart and don't care about the price: CycloDS Evolution
If you want the best flashcart but do care about the price: Acekard 2
If you want a flashcart with onboard NAND memory: Acekard R.P.G.
If you want a flashcart that also offers a Slot-2 (not for free though): EZFlash V & M3DS Real
If you want a Slot-2 expansion: EZFlash 3-in-1 (GBA, RAM, & Rumble)
If you want a flashcart that could possible brick your Nintendo DS: R4 DS, R4 III & N5

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
IOwnAndPwnU said:
If you want a flashcart that could possible brick your Nintendo DS: R4 DS, R4 III & N5
The N5 is known to blow fuses, and only clones of the R4 will brick themselves/the DS if the sept. 15th firmware is used. The sept. 15th firmware may not even come out.

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
With the Acekard R.P.G you get both onboard memory & the ability to add memory with MicroSD cards.
it got a great menu, it's also open source, so there's alot of custom firmwares for it.
i think you can use both the Ewin 2in1 & EZflash 3in1 together with the Acekard R.P.G for slot 2 usage (with later/custom firmwares anyway)

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
IOwnAndPwnU said:
*shh* We don't want him to know that.
Yes we do.

QUOTE(Doggy124 @ Aug 22 2008, 12:45 PM) There is also a report that M3 Real does brick DS.
I'm pretty sure that's just a rare hardware related problem that can happen with any flashcart.

(if a double post shows up blame the random IPS 1040 error)

phew...

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Doggy124 said:
There is also a report that M3 Real does brick DS.
for me best combo would be CycloDS+EZ3in1
Also known as the most expensive.
I recommend an Acekard 2 with the option EZFlash 3in1.

NikoK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is dealextreme a safe place to buy things from? It looks realllly sketchy. Thanks for all the tips too!

matrix121391

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've heard that DealExtreme sent out clones and fake flashcarts. The top two trusted sites I see people praise and use are either DealWoot or RealHotStuff, but it really depends on where you live. DealWoot is on the west coast while RealHotStuff is on the east coast.

NikoK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright so I'm going to be getting the Acekard-2 with EzFlash 3-1. Though I can't find those replacement housings anywhere else but dealextreme.

What do you guys think?

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
On the topic of getting a replacement case: it's going to be no easy job. If you've assembled computers before you're still bound to find the DS a challenge. Replacing the case requires a lot of patience and care - the main problem with replacing the case is that you have to keep your careful handling focused OVER A LONG PERIOD cause this thing's going to take a while.

If your hinge is loose it's going to be a bit harder to fix than actually getting a case, since most replacement cases do not come with these parts, they expect you to port them over from the old DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah been there had that no fun